Playbook

ScubaSteve

When it is 4th and 1, why don't we have the old fashioned QB sneak from under center in our playbook? 

Why don't we ever have JS roll out to his right on pass plays when we know our O-line is not a strength?

Just now, ScubaSteve said:

When it is 4th and 1, why don't we have the old fashioned QB sneak from under center in our playbook? 

Why don't we ever have JS roll out to his right on pass plays when we know our O-line is not a strength?

We only have the one play apparently.  It appears the D's have seen it before.

5 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Playbook still says Springdale HS on the cover

I think the whole Arky game was one big sandbag.  Offense ran the same ole crap so our opponents did not see anything new to plan against.   I believe we will see a much more imaginative offense against opponents we are not suppose to beat by 29 points.  Wae Eagle!!

15 minutes ago, aublaise said:

I think the whole Arky game was one big sandbag.  Offense ran the same ole crap so our opponents did not see anything new to plan against.   I believe we will see a much more imaginative offense against opponents we are not suppose to beat bt 29 points.  Wae Eagle!,

AC4D05DF-F562-48FF-B112-838A4F71DD6B.gif

Probably because that kind of play calling would generate a big play maybe even a td. We need to continue to run it right up the middle because our guard play is stellar and the linebackers wouldn’t possibly think we are doing it again. Seriously... no idea .. the definition of insanity comes to mind 

2 hours ago, aublaise said:

I think the whole Arky game was one big sandbag.  Offense ran the same ole crap so our opponents did not see anything new to plan against.   I believe we will see a much more imaginative offense against opponents we are not suppose to beat by 29 points.  Wae Eagle!!

Does not matter if we are sandbagging, on 4th and 1 we can’t get a yard after a time out? Same problem last week in a real game. 

I agree with the op. Why not put JS under center and qb sneak. Or jet sweep? Something else. I am tired of seeing the same garbage. It seems that the coaching staff is wasting talent. 

On the 4th and 1 play, we ran to the same side, with the same back and the same OLineman missed the same block as in the LSU game. Result was the same; TFL.  I think the DC’s have figured that one out along with the snap count.

5 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I yell this out every game on 4th and 1. If it wasn't already crazy this would drive me there. Never will understand lining up 7yds back and especially running the same damn play every 4th and 1. Just line up under center and quick snap the ball. Push your QB till the whistle.

5 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Not sure about your first point, but watch the first or second play of the LSU game to answer your second point. 

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

On the 4th and 1 play, we ran to the same side, with the same back and the same OLineman missed the same block as in the LSU game. Result was the same; TFL.  I think the DC’s have figured that one out along with the snap count.

It is maddening. 

Archived