bigbird

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Praises! My offer still stands...pick a home game and I’ll get you tix. Just DM me. 

Awesome news! 

Man, some of y'all really are what it's all about.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Good evening AUFamily.  Sorry for "bumping" this thread but I didn't want to derail another football thread since the season's getting so close. 

However, as many of you know I had completed 7 weeks (5 days a week) of radiation a few weeks ago after having had roughly 8 months of hard-core chemo before that in order to fight a VERY rare and VERY aggressive malignant colorectal cancer that had spread to my liver & lymph nodes.  I'm not sure if I ever shared this but we were told that one of my specific cancers (of the 4 I have...ugh) is so rare and deadly that only 70 cases have ever been studied over the last several decades and 70% were gone in less than 1 year from diagnosis....the other 30% never made it to year 2.  The Lord has used me for HIS miracle! 

....today we got the news we have been praying for.... NO SIGN OF CANCER!!!!!

I temper the news with the knowledge that by my being Stage 4, the cancer is in my bloodstream, so I'll never be "cured" according to the Drs but my organs are at least a blank slate again. 

Praise Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior!!!  Thankfully and prayerfully, I am blessed that He has more purpose for me and I get, hopefully,  many many many more years to be here for my family, watch my girls grow up, and I can bless y'all with my genius Auburn Football insight and legendary wit for a while longer. :roflol:

Sincere thanks to all of you who have prayed for me, supported me, sent well wishes my way.  Y'all have even brought me to tears on many occassions with sharing your own stories and I've seen the absolute BEST of our AUFamily.   I'm so blessed and I love you all!

God bless & War Eagle!!!!!

everyone loves a happy ending! and a rebirth! i am happy for you 72 and long may you run!

So happy for you @AUsince72!

This news could not happen to a better person.  I am so incredibly happy for you and your family!  God is good my friend.

good to see 72 back in the game lately.....and great news.....

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

First of all 72, this is awesome news to hear, but why not? You serve an awesome God and never doesn't occur to him. He is in the miracle business and He knows no limit.

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego walked through a furnace unharmed.

Daniel was delivered unharmed from the lion's den.

Jesus healed many and brought the dead back to life. 

Peter walked on water as long as he kept his eyes on Christ. Keep your eyes on Christ and you will receive the blessings He has for you. 

Your Auburn family will continue to lift you up in prayer and you will have a fantastic testimony to tell others. My God continue to bless you and your family. War Eagle!

Did I mention that sometimes y'all bring me to tears?

Thank you gr82be, it's always wonderful to have fellow Christians remind you of the way 🙏.  Sometimes I'm just of the mind of how unworthy I am and amazed that HE takes time out....for me.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:
1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Praises! My offer still stands...pick a home game and I’ll get you tix. Just DM me. 

Awesome news! 

Man, some of y'all really are what it's all about.

As I've said, AUFamily is not your average school/team site with your standard internet posters.

We (the country/world) see so much of the bad that is created when people can anonymously say whatever they want, regardless of where one stands on "the issues".  ....just look at the political forum... " :rimshot: HEY-O!  I'm here all week!"

However, I have been so blessed to have been able to "meet" some of the most amazing people on Earth here....without actually meeting them.  So many Class Acts here!  

This really is Auburn people.  JABA is often a great thing, War Eagle!

I'm outta reactions ATM but I'll catch up when I can. 

Y'all are all AUsome!

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Good evening AUFamily.  Sorry for "bumping" this thread but I didn't want to derail another football thread since the season's getting so close. 

However, as many of you know I had completed 7 weeks (5 days a week) of radiation a few weeks ago after having had roughly 8 months of hard-core chemo before that in order to fight a VERY rare and VERY aggressive malignant colorectal cancer that had spread to my liver & lymph nodes.  I'm not sure if I ever shared this but we were told that one of my specific cancers (of the 4 I have...ugh) is so rare and deadly that only 70 cases have ever been studied over the last several decades and 70% were gone in less than 1 year from diagnosis....the other 30% never made it to year 2.  The Lord has used me for HIS miracle! 

I temper the news with the knowledge that by my being Stage 4, the cancer is in my bloodstream, so I'll never be "cured" according to the Drs but my organs are at least a blank slate again. 

Praise Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior!!!  Thankfully and prayerfully, I am blessed that He has more purpose for me and I get, hopefully,  many many many more years to be here for my family, watch my girls grow up, and I can bless y'all with my genius Auburn Football insight and legendary wit for a while longer. :roflol:

Sincere thanks to all of you who have prayed for me, supported me, sent well wishes my way.  Y'all have even brought me to tears on many occassions with sharing your own stories and I've seen the absolute BEST of our AUFamily.   I'm so blessed and I love you all!

This is incredible.   I nominate this for post of the year.    This is awesome news.  I'm so very happy for you and your family.  God isn't finished with you yet.  WAR EAGLE!!!!

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

How in the world does this only have 14 votes? It should be 1400! Awesome news! Knowing all this I'm amazed with the humor you continue to enrich our lifes with. Love you Brother!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cfe69a2d7d41db450c

23 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

This is incredible.   I nominate this for post of the year.    This is awesome news.  I'm so very happy for you and your family.  God isn't finished with you yet.  WAR EAGLE!!!!

2nded!

17 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

The VERY BEST NEWS on this forum in a long time!!!!  I'm so happy for you and your family! 

We, your Auburn family, will be celebrating the good news right along with you!  What a fighter you are 72!! Good job!

17 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I am literally crying at work. So happy to read your news! My daughter and I pray for “‘72” every day in our car and will continue to do so. To God be the glory!!!

wow!....since i rarely check the football board anymore, i missed this......great news...oh, as far as the rare cancer: i grew up with a guy, played sports with him, and was actually distant kin to him...right after my  bout with C/R cancer, he was diagnosed with a rare type cancer,very rare in fact....he went to houston texas, had a stem cell transplant, lived in a bubble and the hope was for him to survive for maybe 5 years to give them time to formulate a better treatment for his type cancer....its been 14 years since my treatment was completed, so he has lived 12 1/2 to 13 years with no sign of the cancer coming back...oh, the neurophathy that they told you will get better?...lol,nope, they lied!

@AUsince72 Coming back to this thread again today, and still so happy with the news. So happy for you brother, you’ve faced a much harder battle than I could have ever dreamed of facing, and you still remained the same funny, loving, guy that you’ve always been.  So happy for you and your family. I could probably type 10 pages, but words can’t really describe how happy I am for you, and your family, brother!

Great news 72!! So glad you are cancer free !!! I lost my wife four years ago to cancer. I just hope some day they find a cure for this dreaded disease. I have followed your story every since I have been on these boards and I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear you are cancer free. I don't post very often and I am just elated  to know  about your good news. God has blessed you. take care my friend and WDE!!!!

Slammer

10 hours ago, auburnphan said:

This is amazing 72!!!  I just celebrated my 6 month cancer free anniversary.  I am so happy for you and your family!

Congratulations my friend!  I know your journey wasn't easy but I'm so glad for you to know the joy of healing. 

God is great and I'll continue my prayers for you! 

8 hours ago, WarTiger said:

I'm truly honored and humbled by your post.  I'm just so pleased that one as unworthy as me has been used as a miracle to show the strength of prayer and the Glory of our Lord!  And yes, we are smiling so big knowing that God is not finished with me....OH, what a feeling!!!

Yasssssssssss!!  This one's dedicated to you, 72.  All the praise to God, all the joy to you! :AUBig: :zapbama::jossun::yay:

Archived