No watching again until 2020

ChltteTiger

My solution is working well for me.  I record the game, and watch it after I know the result.  No disappointment what so ever.  I decided that after Arkansas game.  Not worth the stress. And stay off the board until the day after the game. Probably continue this way until Gus is gone.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Why is it SO DIFFICULT for people to comprehend that this Athletic Director had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this contract? 

OK I should apologize, I think this is the first time Ive seen you say this, unless of course you are also one of the ones saying this on almost every Auburn video on YouTube... 

Jay Jacobs is not the AD anymore and before he left Jay Jacobs did not negotiate this contract with Malzahn. The current AD Allen Greene did not negotiate this contract, he was saddled with it. Dr Steven Leath is who negotiated this contract. That is who is responsible for the absurd buyout... Not the AD, current or previous... 

That's like Hal Steinbrenner negotiating contracts with players instead of Brian Cashman. Then the President of Auburn University can foot the bill for his buy out and he can chalk it up to "Oops,  my bad." Who's going to question it? There won't be any repercussion since Leath is at the top of food chain.  Auburn has to have some back up cash lying around somewhere. If not,  bake sales,  concert events and charity walks are a good way to raise some money.

22 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I feel like, in order to not get really really depressed, I need to stop watching AU football for the rest of this season and the 2019 season as well. Reason being, Malzahn will likely be HC for at least that duration. Even though I know I need to do this, I don't know if I can really pull it off. Anyone else feel this way?

Can I have you TV? I hope it is one of those big ones.

15 hours ago, jAUSon said:

If you're certain your team is gonna lose, before the game begins, but you watch anyhow- does this make you a bad fan or a quitter? Asking for a friend.

I won't turn my back on Auburn.

Tell your friend he is a masochist.

The Doc watches every game, but when my stomach starts going south like Gus' coaching, I flip to the Western channel in hopes of a good Hopalong Cassidy 1930s and 40s movie while switching back a forth hoping that when the game is back on, we are winning!  I hate to do this, but sometimes I literally get sick to my stomach. All in all, I watch every game in about 80-100% entirety.

I pray before and during every game that the Lord will grant us a win. When this happens, I thank him with all of my heart. When it doesn't happen, then I give thanks for all of the blessings I have and my wonderful family along with my ornery Corgi, Sir Maxwell!

20 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I thought most of your posts were decent but you are now junk in my book. YOU go pound sand.

I think what is happening is that users are getting frustrated that you only come around this forum when things are bad.  And it seems you create at least two threads per day about the same exact thing, sometimes your threads are only 20 minutes apart.  I think you need to slow down on your thread making a little and just contribute to other threads already created on the exact same subject.  Not saying this to be critical, but to be helpful to you.  As you have probably seen not everyone agrees with my train of thought on this forum, but if you see people who are like that agree with me and what we are saying on this thread I believe I am right.  Again, not trying to start an argument, but to be helpful so you can enjoy the forum with us.  I think you have great potential to be a good poster on here.

i have become more accepting to losing, and really don't expect to win against a good opponent anymore....i really wanted chizik to succeed, there has not been a better man to coach in the SEC (richt gets a shoutout here,too) than him.....i don't question malzahn being a good man either, but what happened to that fast paced,wide open offense?....i just wonder if somebody got in his ear, ( like a former coach who lost his pants) caused him to change?.....i no longer care if he stays or goes as long as bruce pearl is coaching basketball because i have something to get excited about that is coached by a competent, bigtime coach....21 days until basketball season...coach blunderpuss should take note on how bruce adapts and adjusts during the game

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I think what is happening is that users are getting frustrated that you only come around this forum when things are bad.  And it seems you create at least two threads per day about the same exact thing, sometimes your threads are only 20 minutes apart.  I think you need to slow down on your thread making a little and just contribute to other threads already created on the exact same subject.  Not saying this to be critical, but to be helpful to you.  As you have probably seen not everyone agrees with my train of thought on this forum, but if you see people who are like that agree with me and what we are saying on this thread I believe I am right.  Again, not trying to start an argument, but to be helpful so you can enjoy the forum with us.  I think you have great potential to be a good poster on here.

Sorry if I offended anyone but (1.) This is no time for sunshine pumping, and (2.) I am not football x & o knowledgeable to make good suggestions like some on here. Also I have a lot of time on my hands which kinda sux. Again sorry if I offended.

33 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Sorry if I offended anyone but (1.) This is no time for sunshine pumping, and (2.) I am not football x & o knowledgeable to make good suggestions like some on here. Also I have a lot of time on my hands which kinda sux. Again sorry if I offended.

All good my friend.  No need to apologize to me or anyone else on here.  I just wanted to help clarify, that's all.

Football is entertainment. I agree with others in that if it is causing you stress, you should not watch it. I am one of those who will leave if we start getting beat down badly. Did not watch a minute of the last 4 games in 2012. I just could not bear it. 

I think some like to watch it because it is so bad you can’t believe it. Kind of like watching a bus wreck. 

Archived