Malzahn Ole Miss Presser (Video Added)

Auburn Kev

19 hours ago, keesler said:

Good question - but what they are doing is just not working, and i admit I've seen some changes in the play calling but it's still not producing and the players can't execute any of their plans thus far.  Hell, several times I saw an oline that looked like they'd just laid down and given up even trying to do their job.  There's a clip in here somewhere and some linemen literally looked like a group of turn-styles standing there watching the defender get directly to our QB.  They never put up a fight!  Gus said he's now coaching for his players as championship aspirations are now down the tubes.  At some point his players need to toughen up mentally and decide they are going to lay it all on the line and play for their coaches.  

This feels like Gus has lost the team, and the will to fight is slowly seeping out of the bloodstream.

Bingo!!! Gus has lost the players, the coaches, and the fans. Former players are now chiming in on how frustrating it is to watch him coach and how predictable and unbearable his press conferences. Former QB Ben Leard was on JOX Bham yesterday on the 3 man front show and before he heard anything Gus had said in his presser, Ben was able to speak the statements Gus made word for word. When they asked him had Gus turned the offense over to Chip, he didn't hesitate and gave an emphatic NO! Gus' inability to coach our team has become a widespread epidemic.

19 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Quick passing game. Shorter routes. Better mix of play calling. I get what you're saying as i don't think there would be an overhaul of changes that would make us a championship caliber team the rest of the season. However, there are small simple changes that can be made to help the OL and QB to at least make the offense more efficient. I've long been saying to get the ball into the hands of our playmakers. There are more ways to do so than WR screens. 

Interesting.  That sounds a lot like a Chip Lindsey offense.  

What years was Ensminger at Auburn. I know Tubs last season had Nall & Ensminger running the offense after Tony Franklin left during the season.

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What years was Ensminger at Auburn. I know Tubs last season had Nall & Ensminger running the offense after Tony Franklin left during the season.

Wikipedia says '03-'08.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, alexava said:

I’m as frustrated as anyone but what kind of change would you go to that would work that doesn’t require your offensive line to block?

It all depends on what you mean by the word block. If you mean the famous "air block" or the always effective "reverse summersault block" or the extremely vicious "back turned to the DL block" then they are blocking. You are being very unfair.

My guess... his "tweak" will be that he'll find the lightest RB we have on the team and run them between the tackles 40 times....  /Sarcasm

The good thing is Ole Miss Defense has looked pitiful for the most part, so maybe we'll have a chance to execute the plays.  

Archived