Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

numb and tired of not wanting to watch a game midseason will never justify throwing the kids under the bus. make any excuse you want if it makes you feel better. not me. auburn is my heart. i will never pull against them nor will i ever respect anyone who pulls against the team. and i am not asking people to not be pissed at gus. i want better as well. those kids are what counts to me and they risk injury every single snap of the game. they deserve better.

You also seem to forget my earlier posts in this thread. That they deserved better 

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Go blue! UM baby

As someone who married an MSU girl and lived up there for 4 years, I feel the need to warn you that you will hate the UM fan base. More entitled than Bama fans.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Still 90° with 90% humidity down here.  Ahhh, Florida "Fall"...

It snowed this afternoon here, 40 mph winds,  Wisconsin Fall.  It sucks

1 minute ago, DAG said:

always will pull for Auburn to win period. I said this before and I will say this again, it makes no logical sense to say your support the team and players but hope they are defeated on the field. Just think about that for a second? These guys are giving their hearts out and yet you hope they lose? 

Amen the most pathetic excuse of fandom I’ve ever seen.  What ever loses we get going forward with or without a new coach we deserve.  You have people acting like fools against a coach that appears to have done the right things...works hard... puts us in position for championships most seasons... recruits well and apparently good character kids... beats the king of football on the regular.  Yet because he’s predictable it’s some kind of failure.  Because we don’t have the talent to just line up and whip every team every week.  Let’s fire the guy... this is goofy 

Support the team and see how the season goes then decide what you want.  Honor your word and if you don’t, give the man all the money he’s entitled instead of trying to screw him over in some way

59 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

gus looked mad as the devil when a reporter asked him his post game thoughts. i mean really mad.

Yup. He was angry. 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You also seem to forget my earlier posts in this thread. That they deserved better 

no sir i did not but you keep making excuses for classless behavior concerning  the team so the doubt still lingers. and i am not being smart.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

As someone who married an MSU girl and lived up there for 4 years, I feel the need to warn you that you will hate the UM fan base. More entitled than Bama fans.

They are an entitled bunch but to be fair, they also have to match tOSU rudeness. I truly enjoyed my year in Grand Rapids and spent several months in Ann Arbor for a travel assignment. Love  that area.

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

Yup. He was angry. 

i think that is the maddest i have ever seen gus. and he has been mad a few times. he knows ol miss was not that good.

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Problem is if Auburn goes through with this is Bama/Saban will impact our hire. Booger was talking about it this morning on the SEC show that coaches don't want a part of that. Media is going to be a big enemy in regards to hiring I'm afraid if they pull the trigger on Gus.

I'll be honest, and hope I'm wrong, but if they fire Gus this year the results will end up being the same or worse if Gus was to have been retained. Unless Saban retires.

That's also based on a friend I use to work with that played Big 12 ball and still has friends in the coaching D-1 Power 5 Circles.

There's one glaring issue with this.  Saban has nothing to do with our record at this point in the year.  Another coach absolutely could have us in a better position.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

no sir i did not but you keep making excuses for classless behavior concerning  the team so the doubt still lingers. and i am not being smart.

We’re really getting nowhere with this 50. WDE as always.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

It snowed this afternoon here, 40 mph winds,  Wisconsin Fall.  It sucks

Wow!

I wouldn't relish living up north, although Wisconsin does intrigue me, but I'm looking forward to our move to Tennessee where there are actually all 4 seasons!!

Here the 4 seasons are Really Hot Summer, Really Really Hot Summer, Summer, A Little Less Summer.

Just now, DAG said:

They are an entitled bunch but to be fair, they also have to match tOSU rudeness. I truly enjoyed my year in Grand Rapids and spent several months in Ann Arbor for a travel assignment. Love  that area.

i pull for michigan just because i cannot stand osu. and that was before urbie crier got there.....

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Oh GR is great.  West coast of Michigan is especially beautiful and the beer scene is so, so good.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i pull for michigan just because i cannot stand osu. and that was before urbie crier got there.....

Yep I have had very little good interactions with buckeye fans 

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We were pretty much considered “out” after the LSU loss last year.

2015: 2 losses by week 5

2016: 2 losses by week 4

2017: 2 losses by week 7

2018: 3 losses headed into week 8

But we weren’t and went on to play in the SEC ‘ship... weird huh

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

We’re really getting nowhere with this 50. WDE as always.

tis ok mav i have no hate for you. not even mad. and i hope you can find joy in the games again.

Just now, corchjay said:

But we weren’t and went on to play in the SEC ‘ship... weird huh

1 out of the last 4 years with something to play for by midseason? I mean this is a pretty ridiculous argument. 

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

tis ok mav i have no hate for you. not even mad. and i hope you can find joy in the games again.

I will always watch AU play, have not missed a game since I was able to watch. I however love the sport of football, and hate feeling sick attempting to watch other games Bc of how AU has played under Gus. Will never hope for AU to lose or the players Bc like I said before they deserve better. Which is I was I, and so many others want Gus to go is we think the players deserve better coaching. We aren’t short on talent, I can tell you that.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

1 out of the last 4 years with something to play for by midseason? I mean this is a pretty ridiculous argument. 

I’ll take 2 in 5 years with a SEC championship 2 times over 10 years forever.  At this point that will probably put us in the playoffs 3 out of 10 years...  I’ll take like that forever regardless of what happens in some of the down years unless we go winless back to back years

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Out of reactions or I would’ve liked the post

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'm not taking up for Gus but we still had a chance in November in '14 and '16. If I remember right a couple of 1 loss teams ahead of us lost the weekend of the UGA game in '16.

Just now, corchjay said:

I’ll take 2 in 5 years with a SEC championship 2 times over 10 years forever.  At this point that will probably put us in the playoffs 3 out of 10 years...  I’ll take like that forever regardless of what happens in some of the down years unless we go winless back to back years

So ull take 7-8 win seasons most of the time and the occasional championship season?

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

careful mav, he will threaten to drive to your town and choke you out in 20 seconds, lol

Archived