When will a frontline candidate run on marijuana legalization

NolaAuTiger

Would rather see them legalize something suitable for chronic pain........well make available without a prescription may be better wording..........sorry only have an Associates in Applied Science😁

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Sure they would. Nonetheless, I don’t think lack of personal profit is the reason for it’s illegality at the federal level. 

Like I said, they haven’t found personal profit in it. If they do then it will be legalized. 

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

Like I said, they haven’t found personal profit in it. If they do then it will be legalized. 

Hard to regulate. It's just so damned easy to grow. Good reason it's called weed. 

Day it becomes legal, if that day ever comes, part of my little garden out back will be dedicated to a plant or two. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I am specifically referring to the older generation in Washington. I know you have a doobie in hand while operating that tractor LOL

They are just waiting for the Cannabis industry money to equal or exceed the money they get from the liquor and pharmaceutical companies to keep it illegal.

Has nothing do with any sort of religious or moral reservations.  They have none.

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

Hard to regulate. It's just so damned easy to grow. Good reason it's called weed. 

Day it becomes legal, if that day ever comes, part of my little garden out back will be dedicated to a plant or two. 

You meant a row or two, didnt you...lol

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You meant a row or two, didnt you...lol 

Under ideal conditions, a single plant can yield around 18 oz. Unless you're selling it, 2 plants would easily cover personal use.

Unless you smoke like, you know, Snoop Dog or Cheech and Chong.

There are legal complexities but it will happen. Driving while high is harder to test for then alcohol intoxication. It stays in your system longer than alcohol so it would be easier for people to fail drug tests for work even people who only were around second hand smoke. That said legalizing it at a federal level would allow increased testing for legitimate medical reasons and would hurt groups like the Drug Cartels.  We would probably have to setup more rehab programs. We would need some solid research done on how habit forming weed really is and what THC limit should be set on the drug.

Based on the age of most congressman you have started to see larger numbers not seeking re-election over this last cycle and I expect that to accelerate over the next 6-12 years most of the older members of congress will be gone. I would not be surprised to see subject broached at Federal level after the next Presidential election.

The one thing Conservatives and Liberals have in common is consumption of alcohol and weed to a lesser extent if legal to greater extent

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

Under ideal conditions, a single plant can yield around 18 oz. Unless you're selling it, 2 plants would easily cover personal use.

Unless you smoke like, you know, Snoop Dog or Cheech and Chong.

Yes, but you need to start with more than one or two - there's a 50% chance a plant will be male.  Then there's always attrition. 

My advice for a small garden would be to start with at least 6 plants if you want to ensure you have one or two females.  (Just pull up the males as soon as you sex them.)

Start with sprouted seeds and transfer to seedling pots then to 1 gallon pots when they are a few inches high.  Transplant when they are over 8-10" high.  The attrition rate when directly planting seeds is pretty high.

(Not that I am speaking from personal experience of course - there's lot's of info on home growing.)

46 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I just think it to be an oversimplified summation.

I prefer to think of it as concise or succinct. ;D

But to your point, pretty much everything is more complicated than one might assume.  At least from my experience.  ;)

Archived