Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

3 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

This game is going to go a lot like the 2014 matchup. I see us abandoning everything that got us to this point and going air raid. 500 yrds passing?

500 yards passing? AU? The bama DL is going to dominate AU's OL and could kill Stidham. No way. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO, Saban is as savvy as they come. He wants AU to keep Gus and the score will reflect this. But it's going to be a buttwhipping. IMO anyways. 

I don't know why he would want that.  Gus is the only coach in the conference to ever beat him.  So I don't see the logic.  

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I don't know why he would want that.  Gus is the only coach in the conference to ever beat him.  So I don't see the logic.  

7-6 or 8-5 AU is great for bama. That is what Gus is. 

34 minutes ago, corchjay said:

ok idiot this will be my last response to you just because I think idiots like you need to understand something about coaching....  high school OL aren't ready to walk in and start in the SEC...  JB hasn't coach any of these players until this year you fool.  No one is saying that Tega, Harrell and Horton don't have talent, or that Kim was a 4 star center, and Driscoll was a GT pick up to fill in for the young tackles that haden't been developed in Ashley and Troxell.  So learn something about football, coaching, and development if you wanted to challenge me

Idiot.   One year  Auburn started five Freshmen lineman.  Teams in the SEC start freshmen year after year.  Again moron is wrong.   He has coached them since the Spring, two have regressed.  His failure to recruit any upper classmen while here is why these guys are playing, idiot.   JB has not been a good coach for years and is a crappy recruiter but your butt buddy Gus likes him so you will go all out #UNHINGED for him.    This idiot has some screenshots he could send out to some high school administrations and athletic directors and club teams.    #unproffessional  #unhinged   #crappycoach    #bully

most of us have all coached too, it just doesn't define us.

Last years offensive line.  1 yr removed from Grimes.  Not a single lineman that he developed started or played.  Great job coach

59 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Exactly who was recruiting them in moron.  Tega was a defensive end recruit as well

Mods please ban this guy. He is repeatedly name calling which shows he has absolutely nothing positive to contribute. 

41 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Idiot.   One year  Auburn started five Freshmen lineman.  Teams in the SEC start freshmen year after year.  Again moron is wrong.   He has coached them since the Spring, two have regressed.  His failure to recruit any upper classmen while here is why these guys are playing, idiot.   JB has not been a good coach for years and is a crappy recruiter but your butt buddy Gus likes him so you will go all out #UNHINGED for him.    This idiot has some screenshots he could send out to some high school administrations and athletic directors and club teams.    #unproffessional  #unhinged   #crappycoach    #bully

most of us have all coached too, it just doesn't define us.

Last years offensive line.  1 yr removed from Grimes.  Not a single lineman that he developed started or played.  Great job coach

Y u do dis 2 coach 

The Tubs year we started 3 Freshman OL similar to now the inexperience we finished with 4 losses and that was 2007 pre-Saban and a down alabama.  JB was gone 2 years not 1.  3 of this years current starters have been injured.  It's hard to get better on the rehab table.  

But speaking of that class of OL they went on to become a National Championship OL so I would say they weren't just ordinary players.  Another interesting fact and not saying he's the answer for AU but Ryan Pugh is a college offensive line coach at BYU.  And that line was recruited by Tubs... not known as a great recruiter and developed under the other Grimes and not known as a great developer... So experience as I've been preaching goes a long way.  

Part of the reason for the high expectations to start the season was the defensive front 4, Stidham, and a good technical coach in JB Grimes for a green offensive line.  

17 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The Tubs year we started 3 Freshman OL similar to now the inexperience we finished with 4 losses and that was 2007 pre-Saban and a down alabama.  JB was gone 2 years not 1.  3 of this years current starters have been injured.  It's hard to get better on the rehab table.  

But speaking of that class of OL they went on to become a National Championship OL so I would say they weren't just ordinary players.  Another interesting fact and not saying he's the answer for AU but Ryan Pugh is a college offensive line coach at BYU.  And that line was recruited by Tubs... not known as a great recruiter and developed under the other Grimes and not known as a great developer... So experience as I've been preaching goes a long way.  

Part of the reason for the high expectations to start the season was the defensive front 4, Stidham, and a good technical coach in JB Grimes for a green offensive line.  

Really? Me and others I know were saying the opposite and that the OL was going to be awful and that Grimes was a terrible hire and was a huge reason the OL was going to be so bad. Especially after spring ball. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Really? Me and others I know were saying the opposite and that the OL was going to be awful and that Grimes was a terrible hire and was a huge reason the OL was going to be so bad. Especially after spring ball. 

You did call it.  Gotta give you that.   But JB is very well thought of in coaching circles.  I agree if he developed the guys quickly would have been a great hire but sometimes it takes time and then not getting it done quickly plus his lack of recruiting prowess puts us in a tough spot now.  The reason why I think Chip, Horton, and Grimes are who gets pink slips at the end of the year.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

You did call it.  Gotta give you that.   But JB is very well thought of in coaching circles.  I agree if he developed the guys quickly would have been a great hire but sometimes it takes time and then not getting it done quickly plus his lack of recruiting prowess puts us in a tough spot now.  The reason why I think Chip, Horton, and Grimes are who gets pink slips at the end of the year.  

Agree that everyone likes JB. Not saying that. As far as his coaching? He's rep is just OK. He's not the tech guy many here make him out to be. 

What are we even arguing about? As a fan, I would think you would always keep hope alive even after knowing the inevitable is about to come. I think most of us realize a complete overhaul of the offensive staff is to come. I think Horton will move on along with Lindsey. Hopefully, JB will just “retire.”

Imo Grimes was a great short time hire, but not long term. He was part of some of the best SEC rushing attack’s Auburn produced, so he can coach. Now I recall someone saying Chip opted for a zone blocking scheme vs what was in place before.....is this true? How has that affected how Grimes teaches/coaches? 

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Imo Grimes was a great short time hire, but not long term. He was part of some of the best SEC rushing attack’s Auburn produced, so he can coach. Now I recall someone saying Chip opted for a zone blocking scheme vs what was in place before.....is this true? How has that affected how Grimes teaches/coaches? 

Hand liked more zone blocking scheme but doesn't work with what we try to do inside with the guards so it's remained the same.  Not sure what blocking scheme Chip prefers.  

Us AU fans all have seen the cheatin' criminal tahd dominate  every opponent they have played this season. We have listened to the media's endless love for little saint nick and his bought and paid for "team". We have been subject to the smirks and smart alec comments from the great unwashed toothless bammer fans that we share our State with. All of this sickens us until we realize that we are members of the Auburn Family. As Bo Jackson said, Auburn fans don't just love sports, we love AUBURN. My dad started taking me to AU games as a young child and I almost instantly realized how special Auburn is. Our young men who have worked so hard for Auburn will go to $abanville this Saturday to represnt our great university. Will they win? I don't know. Will they give it everything they've got? You betcha. That is all we can ask for. Win or lose, I will be proud of every one of them.

:AUBig:

2 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Us AU fans all have seen the cheatin' criminal tahd dominate  every opponent they have played this season. We have listened to the media's endless love for little saint nick and his bought and paid for "team". We have been subject to the smirks and smart alec comments from the great unwashed toothless bammer fans that we share our State with. All of this sickens us until we realize that we are members of the Auburn Family. As Bo Jackson said, Auburn fans don't just love sports, we love AUBURN. My dad started taking me to AU games as a young child and I almost instantly realized how special Auburn is. Our young men who have worked so hard for Auburn will go to $abanville this Saturday to represnt our great university. Will they win? I don't know. Will they give it everythin they've got? You betcha. That is all we can ask for. Win or lose, I will be proud of every one of them.

:AUBig:

Amen.  And with the ones with tickets don't sell to bammers and represent!!

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

500 yards passing? AU? The bama DL is going to dominate AU's OL and could kill Stidham. No way. 

Marshall absolutely had a better line that season - and bama had a better D-line that season IMO. Our game-plan was basically to launch the ball to Sammy and cross our fingers. The question is whether AS, SW, or DS can play the Sammy role. I bet we see a lot of max protect with 2 - maybe 3 routes. No way I would bet on a 500yard game but we sure as heck are not going to run the ball....successfully at least. If we see the largest upset in IB history it will come via the air.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to be a 38-3ish bloodbath.

This is where I see it. We might scrape a couple more points, but likely to be in the first quarter like we saw against Georgia. 

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO, Saban is as savvy as they come. He wants AU to keep Gus and the score will reflect this. But it's going to be a buttwhipping. IMO anyways. 

Soo much this unfortunately. Surprised the question needed asking.

3 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

This game is going to go a lot like the 2014 matchup. I see us abandoning everything that got us to this point and going air raid. 500 yrds passing?

I've watched all season and I haven't seen AU with the horses on offense to get in a shootout the likes of '14 when we had Nick Marshall behind the wheel.  

Have we got guys on the line that will all of a sudden choose to man up to future NFL caliber players like Q.Williams/I.Buggs/R.Davis?  

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Grimes is an old timer, there should be nothing he can't do from a scheming stand point with an offensive line.  Any body coaching a line at a P5 level in a big time conference like this should be interchangeable enough to coach zone/man blocking schemes. 

Gus has known JB & CL forever.  Gus would know what Chip needs from the line and Gus would know what Grimes needs to do to give the OC what he needs to be productive on offense. 

Sorry for the rant Poet, and it wasn't directed at you specifically.  But this crew of coaches have had plenty of time to get the blocking schemes worked out.  The CL/JG had all off season to get on the same page relative to blocking schemes with CGM overseeing the entire operation.

We are going to need a complete game from our entire team to even keep in punching distance in this game. 

This isn’t a shot at our team/players, but Alabama is far to explosive on offense and we are far to susceptible to allowing plays of 15yds or more, especially through the air. The defense has had to bring pressure more often which puts additional stress on our young secondary. We need to make stands before the redzone. Can’t give up yardage/scores from penalties or blown assignments. 

The offense has had far more work cut out for it. We know we can’t run the ball straight up when we want to. We have to find ways to get our play makers the ball though. Will need a big game from Ryan Davis as we will likely use the tunnel screens multiple times. The times we dial up our 1-2 time a game shots, we have to land them. Can’t have drops or over throws. We aren’t good enough to overcome any set backs.

As for special teams, a score from special teams or plays that create short fields for the offense would be great. I vote no FG attempts over 50. Unless it’s desperation time, I hope we punt and pin them back. We’re gonna need every facet of the team at its peak. Just hope if we go down, we go down swinging. If it’s tight and ends up coming undone in the late 4th, so be it. 

What I fear is Alabama carving us through the air early, and then finishing us off late with power run. 

Defensively in my opinion the most important thing is pressure on the QB.  The bucks have to step it up.  The linebackers have to be able to tackle the WRs on short throws and attack the screen game they will try to counter our rush with.  Get off the field in 3rd and long situations.  Will Coach Steele attack their offense or sit back and let them drive the field and try to keep them out of the endzone.  

Locksley (bama OC) has had trouble adjusting to pressure from the rush.  Either blitz or from a 4 man rush so an interesting dynamic if Coach Steele can out scheme them or does he just go base and man to man in a nickel package.  I hope we dial up different coverages and blitz schemes it may burn us some but I don't want them driving the field every possession.  

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

Grimes is an old timer, there should be nothing he can't do from a scheming stand point with an offensive line.  Any body coaching a line at a P5 level in a big time conference like this should be interchangeable enough to coach zone/man blocking schemes. 

Gus has known JB & CL forever.  Gus would know what Chip needs from the line and Gus would know what Grimes needs to do to give the OC what he needs to be productive on offense. 

Sorry for the rant Poet, and it wasn't directed at you specifically.  But this crew of coaches have had plenty of time to get the blocking schemes worked out.  The CL/JG had all off season to get on the same page relative to blocking schemes with CGM overseeing the entire operation.

No problem ....it was a question, because as far as I know this has been the only season where the offensive line (under Gus) has shown the issues we see on Saturdays.  I think Grimes was here when the line led the league in rushing and even last season Auburn could run the ball pretty good under Hand. And unless I’m mistaken I don’t think there have been too many 5 star linemen come aboard (prior to Ashley) but I could be wrong. So is it talent or coaching or a combo of both. Because I have never seen a Gus led offensive line look like this....just wanna see how some feel about it... 

Glass half-empty board-folk turn away.

Okay? Ya'll turned?

Saban has lost 7 games over the last 5 seasons and 2 of them were to Malzahn, including of course the most recent IB.

It's Iron Bowl week, we can do no wrong! :largeAU: :wedance:

Archived