Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Then who do you blame for that? You’ve been anti get rid of Gus and focus on facilities this year. Who’s to blame for lacking in OL and RB recruiting?

Back to the Coordinators and position coaches I believe.....there is an entire structure to handle recruiting with coaches assigned regions and such and a coordinator for the process.  and so we were bragging about recruiting a couple pages ago, and now it's reversed.  Hand was the guy to bring in the OL I think and now back to Grimes.....

But that's water under the bridge at this point and on Saturday the guys we have are the ones who are gonna suit up and they will have to take on what many have called the best team in the country in recent years.  Still.....I expect our guys to compete....and far as I know, they have always competed ….

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yea I forgot one is not supposed to analyze and call things like they see them, or experience real human emotion 

Look, I enjoy your opinion. But don't knock it when I call a spade a spade. IIWII.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Your problem is no one is doing that. Pointing out the talent deficiencies is not in any way defending coaches. In fact, it is exactly the opposite. I solely blame them for our lack of talent.

I’m also pretty sure theyd take a good chunk of our roster currently, and turn them into draft picks

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Back to the Coordinators and position coaches I believe.....there is an entire structure to handle recruiting with coaches assigned regions and such and a coordinator for the process.  and so we were bragging about recruiting a couple pages ago, and now it's reversed.  Hand was the guy to bring in the OL I think and now back to Grimes.....

But that's water under the bridge at this point and on Saturday the guys we have are the ones who are gonna suit up and they will have to take on what many have called the best team in the country in recent years.  Still.....I expect our guys to compete....and far as I know, they have always competed ….

You mean the guys appointed by the HC? At some point it has to come back to him lol

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Tega  probably has more raw talent and ability of most I’ve seen. He just needs technique. They’ve had him two years.

Not saying we should or shouldn’t have to but seems history has always been that way for us we have to take the chance on “upside” players.  That’s why the high end “upside” players we get seem to bust more then other teams.  Because they are undersized or project players with high ratings.  That’s what happens when you walk into the recruiting race at 2nd place to start with most of these kids.  Not saying it can’t be all turned around one day but that’s reality at the moment.  

30 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’m not selling the team short at all but if you think we are even remotely close to Alabama in terms of overall talent then not sure how to talk football with you.

Thank you coach. Look, you hate it, I hate it and others do as well. Some however, cannot see the forest for the trees. The reality is I could likely start for our oline. That ain't good!

30 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So you think our talent level went down. I’m pretty sure most of these guys were on a team that beat uat and uga last year. I understand your a coach and want to protect your profession but it’s pretty silly to keep selling these kids short.

Yeah I think we lost a lot on the oline bro. Just saying.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Thank you coach. Look, you hate it, I hate it and others do as well. Some however, cannot see the forest for the trees. The reality is I could likely start for our oline. That ain't good!

Nobody is saying that, but I’m sorry you should compete if you are recruiting well, we have. We shouldn’t be thinking “how bad we’re gonna lose when we play a ranked team” we should be expecting for it to be a game

30 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Which ones that you saw last year that’s not here this year. KJ is about all.

ugh

You mean the guys appointed by the HC? At some point it has to come back to him lol

The HC hasn’t done very well this year.  At this point, I’ve resolved myself to what is going to happen. Are there particular posts that make you think Gus is getting unfairly absolved of the blame? 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Everything ultimately falls to the head coach

If we were losing to say uga and bama it would be one thing, but were losing 5 or more a year almost 70% of the time. With this talent, that’s frustrating

We all know what is coming. It would take a 4 turnover game by them with some miracle plays by us and the replay machine malfunctioning in the sec bham headquarters for us to be even in this game at halftime. 

I love the AU program. Wish things were different. I will be screaming war eagle anyway. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

The HC hasn’t done very well this year.  At this point, I’ve resolved myself to what is going to happen. Are there particular posts that make you think Gus is getting unfairly absolved of the blame? 

No not in particular to u Jeff, u seem more grounded and not on a side. My comment earlier was directed to the “bama as a measuring stick” comment. We’re losing to way more than bama every year lol

30 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Top tier talent is top tier talent, and they should be competing like it, hasn’t it been said, even with one of the worst OL’s in recent memory we probably should been 8-1 going into uga?

I disagree. I think we should be undefeated. Even after Ga.

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m also pretty sure theyd take a good chunk of our roster currently, and turn them into draft picks

We have 2 of their better former coaches in Steele and Brown and they have been here long enough to develop talent.  So we will see where all these high draft players come from the AU defense.  Gus surely hasn’t underdeveloped them...

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

I disagree. I think we should be undefeated. Even after Ga.

That’s the thing, even with OL issues we have had the the talent otherwise. This should of been competing for a sec championship berth come Saturday, but it’s not, and that’s where a lot of frustration comes from

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Quite a few......and Golson, Smith , Holland, Lawson, Tray....to mention a few...

LOL. Oh my goodness. Such an exercise in futility.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

That’s the thing, even with OL issues we have had the the talent otherwise. This should of been competing for a sec championship berth come Saturday, but it’s not, and that’s where a lot of frustration comes from

Just to be honest I never expected to compete for the SEC this year.  I expect 2-3 losses.  Even as goofy as I can be at times I did even call the loss to UT... I jinxed us so that’s my fault.  So that gets to 4 losses if you we did lose the UT game which we did.  So I wasn’t far off.  

31 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Considering  last year and 2013, even as ranked teams, we were supposed to get spanked by bama? That history?

What?

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Well we view it different but against our two main rivals, with the way we recruit, we shouldn’t be losing by 17+ 50% of the time. That’s my opinion

I think our recruiting has been good, but it has not met the needs. Especially from a team balance prospective. Too many whiffs on elite OLINE and RB talent. Kinda reminds of the classes we had a while back that were rated good but had like one or two linebackers. Rated highly but not hitting the needs from a depth perspective. This is one area I hang on Gus and his Recruiting Coordinator...

Just now, corchjay said:

Just to be honest I never expected to compete for the SEC this year.  I expect 2-3 losses.  Even as goofy as I can be at times I did even call the loss to UT... I jinxed us so that’s my fault.  So that gets to 4 losses if you we did lose the UT game which we did.  So I wasn’t far off.  

I will blame you, for all eternity, for giving UT their first SEC win in 2 years. ;)

32 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sorry but you sound like you don't really follow the game in general....teams other than AU....it's not about orange and blue....it's about being objective ...and objectivity seems in short supply on this forum.

Boom

I will blame you, for all eternity, for giving UT their first SEC win in 2 years. ;)

Lol I didn’t directly say it was gonna 100 percent a loss but knew if we got through the early portion of the schedule we would be all proud and they would come in hungry against a good team... so officially I only called for 3 losses but said I could see us losing to UT.  I’ll take 50 percent blame 

Just now, corchjay said:

Lol I didn’t directly say it was gonna 100 percent a loss but knew if we got through the early portion of the schedule we would be all proud and they would come in hungry against a good team... so officially I only called for 3 losses but said I could see us losing to UT.  I’ll take 50 percent blame 

75%?

Archived