Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

No not in particular to u Jeff, u seem more grounded and not on a side. My comment was directed to the “bama as a measuring stick” comment. We’re losing to way more than bama every year lol

I’m not very grounded lol. I wanna cry thinking about the offseason where hope sees no sunshine. 

As far as the Bama as a measuring stick comment, I tweeted last Iron Bowl morning that I felt something special was going to happen. I’m not feeling it this year.  I just think Tua added a dynamic to their wealth of weapons that we aren’t used to seeing. I don’t think a one loss Auburn team with this roster would do very well either. The comment was more of a tip a cap to their team than anything. I really don’t see any team beating them. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Recruiting top 10 nationally on average and we don’t have a “good” team almost 70% of the time. That’s the problem

Top 10 great! 5th in the SEC notsomuch. Reality can be a punch in the gut.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I’m not very grounded lol. I wanna cry thinking about the offseason where hope sees no sunshine. 

As far as the Bama as a measuring stick comment, I tweeted last Iron Bowl morning that I felt something special was going to happen. I’m not feeling it this year.  I just think Tua added a dynamic to their wealth of weapons that we aren’t used to seeing. I don’t think a one loss Auburn team with this roster would do very well either. The comment was more of a tip a cap to their team than anything. I really don’t see any team beating them. 

If tua wasn’t the QB, I’d feel differently too. Still think it’s a closer game, Bc of the D, don’t think O makes enough plays to get done. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

If tua wasn’t the QB, I’d feel differently too. Still think it’s a closer game, Bc of the D, don’t think O makes enough plays to get done. 

I suspect you are correct but faith lives eternal

35 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No undoubtedly you don’t. Any team finishing with a top ten class every year for six years should have more than ample talent. Does hats talent look better at this point ? Yes , because they are coached better. Trade teams with uat and next year Saben would still be on top.

Ridiculous. Just freaking crazy talk. Put down the damn bottle.

35 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We haven’t been the recruiting tbe talent to beat Bama. We aren’t recruiting O linemen and decent RBs very well at all. If you’re talking recruiting classes as whole, our talent level is uneven across the depth chart. We have a top five defensive line, and a top 100 OL.

Say it louder for the people in the back...

Just now, corchjay said:

I suspect you are correct but faith lives eternal

I go into every game, thinking AU will do what needs to be done, to a fault lol. I’ve been negative due to the results this year, but I always think we have a shot going into every game. That’s what makes college football, college football, and it would make me happy to put a damper on Bama’s season

36 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We haven’t been the recruiting tbe talent to beat Bama. We aren’t recruiting O linemen and decent RBs very well at all. If you’re talking recruiting classes as whole, our talent level is uneven across the depth chart. We have a top five defensive line, and a top 100 OL.

boom

Ok let’s come to an agreement at least the talent levels aren’t the same.  Everyone knows that.  Development can be discussed in another thread about what they do to develop and what we do or don’t do.  But for the sake of moving forward the discussion let’s let that be off season stuff and get back to how we can beat them!!!

37 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You act like I said we’d beat Bama, lol, I said I give the guys a chance because of how we have recruited. Question, who do you blame for multiple blown leads vs LSU, 17+ losses to uga 50% of the time, and so far, 40% of the time we’ve lost to bama by 16 or more. Is it all the players fault? I’ve alresdy replied to corch, about guys that I think would play for bama 

Easy answer. Coaches and players.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I go into every game, thinking AU will do what needs to be done, to a fault lol. I’ve been negative due to the results this year, but I always think we have a shot going into every game. That’s what makes college football, college football, and it would make me happy to put a damper on Bama’s season

Agree and I think most will agree with you.  

The failure in O-line recruiting falls in line with JP Grimes time here, fact.  We had always recruited and developed o-lineman until then.

However there have been strange circumstances along the o-line as well.  Horton and Harrell have seemed to regress.  Brahms and Troxall both came to Auburn with significant knee injuries.  Hamm and Manning had cancer.  I feel that we have the talent, just have very little confidence in Grimes being the right guy at the right time.  I think they need a younger guy who has done it before with a Muschamp personality to bring out that mean streak.  

As far as o-line recruiting, I have said it for years and see it happen where they preach it.   Recruit athletic and high football IQ players for your o-line and don't worry about star rankings and you will succeed

38 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Just so we are clear it is was as balanced as it’s ever been when RG was the recruiting coordinator... now he’s been out of that for 2 years and you see how unbalanced already

I’m quoting myself here because I think unbalanced recruiting classes can cause huge problems.  Granted OL has its issues and can clearly be seen by changing coaches essentially 3 times in 5 years.  

And im not knocking on Porter because I think he’s a good recruiter and a solid coach but I don’t like how he has balanced the classes.  Maybe he doesn’t have the pull that RG had but RG had us about as balanced as you can be.  So hoping with the changes we make a change at the recruiting coordinator spot and no I don’t mean getting rid of Porter

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That’s what makes college football, college football, and it would make me happy to put a damper on Bama’s season

We can hope. What’s your recipe for the upset?

For me: 

-Tua gets hurt in the opening minutes 

- Our O and D and ST chips in for 24 points. How we are going to manage 24 points is a 49 million dollar question. 

So let’s face it, even if Tua is hurt, we need an O line to win the game. 

More factors against us:

- revenge game 

- In T town

- Birmingham 

-REC

- Danielson will be calling our plays from the booth.

41 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You’re really making no argument here. Uve made one snarky post after another, to people who have been critical of Gus after a win against liberty, and you use this as your “coming out party” lol

No. I've been an advocate of firing Gus since Clemson, the whirly bird in JH a couple years ago. I just expect fans on a football forum to have a freaking clue. I can go to trailer parks r us for some of this crap. 

The forum as a whole is comedy central. The football forum specifically doesn't disappoint either.  

47 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s fine

Regardless, a lot of good teams are going to lose to Bama for the next 14 or so months. If beating Bama is your measuring stick, you need to readjust. 

Out of likes, but dead on. IIWII

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

We can hope. What’s your recipe for the upset?

For me: 

-Tua gets hurt in the opening minutes 

- Our O and D and ST chips in for 24 points. How we are going to manage 24 points is a 49 million dollar question. 

So let’s face it, even if Tua is hurt, we need an O line to win the game. 

More factors against us:

- revenge game 

- In T town

- Birmingham 

-REC

- Danielson will be calling our plays from the booth.

I think we need a score on D and ST.. Need D or special teams plays to give us a short field as well 

44 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Well most people don’t say it. Nobody is saying, bama doesn’t have better athletes than everyone else, but with how we recruit it shouldn’t be “how bad are we gonna get beat this year” mentality. It should be “it’s gonna be a damn good game this year”

You are free to say it. Go for it! Jesus. :no:

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are free to say it. Go for it! Jesus. :no:

Literally dude, stop quoting me, you’ve been messaging in this thread the entire time, and back and quoting stuff from an hour ago, give it a rest

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think we need a score on D and ST.. Need D or special teams plays to give us a short field as well 

Yep. A special defensive performance is critical for us to compete. In a perfect world both sides would be expected to pull their own weight.

Does the family want to see wide open aggressive onside kicks, fake punts, deep throws, going on 4th downs, etc.. ? 

Or play it close try to limit mistakes try to control the ball, try to win special teams and see what happens at the end if we still have a chance?

not saying either gives us a legit chance but which do you think gives us the best chance?

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Does the family want to see wide open aggressive onside kicks, fake punts, deep throws, going on 4th downs, etc.. ? 

Or play it close try to limit mistakes try to control the ball, try to win special teams and see what happens at the end if we still have a chance?

not saying either gives us a legit chance but which do you think gives us the best chance?

Personally I say, caution to the wind, nothing to lose in this game.

Archived