Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I hope your not a uat fan cause you sound like them, ifvwe both offer but they go to us instead of uat or uga then that means uga and uat really didn’t want them ? Ok I got you . Personally I think your thought process is pretty crappy. 

Not a mod but did create the thread.  Let’s go @Eagle Eye 7 and @AU64 let’s keep it about the game.  Y’all both are right in certain aspects but taking it to each other ain’t the time for that.  It’s about beating Bama!!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Considering we last year and 2013, even as ranked teams, we were supposed to get spanked by bama? That history?

History says our good teams can beat Bama. We don’t have a good team. Bama has one of the best teams of all time. They average 49 ppg and only give up 12 ppg.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes I do. Did most of our O line and starting QBs play last year? Did Tua play? Didn’t Bama have multiple linebackers out? There is a huge gap between us and Bama.

People who believe that are just not looking . There are a lot of guys starting and playing for Bama that were not exactly Stars when they got there and if you look a lot of the 5 star talent especially at QB didn’t even pan out and they left.

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I hope your not a uat fan cause you sound like them, ifvwe both offer but they go to us instead of uat or uga then that means uga and uat really didn’t want them ? Ok I got you . Personally I think your thought process is pretty crappy. 

Sorry but you sound like you don't really follow the game in general....teams other than AU....it's not about orange and blue....it's about being objective ...and objectivity seems in short supply on this forum. JMO. 

OK  sorry Coarch….that's it.....still thinking AU will give 'em a battle...

Just now, aujeff11 said:

History says our good teams can beat Bama. We don’t have a good team. Bama has one of the best teams of all time. They average 49 ppg and only give up 12 ppg.

Recruiting top 10 nationally on average and we don’t have a “good” team almost 70% of the time. That’s the problem

24 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Funny how “some” of the sunshine people are selling the team short going into IB week, about how the players aren’t good enough. I’m never ceased to be amazed. I for one am like many,  have sold the staff short, but never a good chunk of the players. Seem like some would rather throw the players under the bus and that we are “not as talented” instead of putting the highly paid coaches in the spotlight.

That's cool bro, but who on our team you think is starting for bama? Let's go ahead and put this little diddy to bed right now. 

25 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Davidson and coe would play a good bit for bama, DD would be in the rotation. 

3 of 22. LOL. Speaks volumes.

Just now, AU64 said:

Sorry but you sound like you don't really follow the game in general....teams other than AU....it's not about orange and blue....it's about being objective ...and objectivity seems in short supply on this forum. JMO. 

No undoubtedly you don’t. Any team finishing with a top ten class every year for six years should have more than ample talent. Does hats talent look better at this point ? Yes , because they are coached better. Trade teams with uat and next year Saben would still be on top.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

That's cool bro, but who on our team you think is starting for bama? Let's go ahead and put this little diddy to bed right now. 

A bunch of them if Bick had got them because he would have coached them.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

with the talent AU recruits fans shouldn’t be saying “I’m not even going to watch the game

We haven’t been the recruiting tbe talent to beat Bama. We aren’t recruiting O linemen and decent RBs very well at all. If you’re talking recruiting classes as whole, our talent level is uneven across the depth chart. We have a top five defensive line, and a top 100 OL.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

You act like I said we’d beat Bama, lol, I said I give the guys a chance because of how we have recruited. Question, who do you blame for multiple blown leads vs LSU, 17+ losses to uga 50% of the time, and so far, 40% of the time we’ve lost to bama by 16 or more. Is it all the players fault? I’ve alresdy replied to corch, about guys that I think would play for bama 

25 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So you don’t think Seth, RD, Davidson, Flash oils not be wanted by uat or uga?i think they would. I also think quite a few others would probably be starters for others beside uat and uga. Let’s at lest keep it honest.

LOL

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

3 of 22. LOL. Speaks volumes.

You’re really making no argument here. Uve made one snarky post after another, to people who have been critical of Gus after a win against liberty, and you use this as your “coming out party” lol

24 minutes ago, selias said:

That's what I mean. Better? Sorry, I got too quick on the keyboard.

All good bro. Just having a laugh. Actually a lot of laughs on this thread. WDE!

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We haven’t been the recruiting tbe talent to beat Bama. We aren’t recruiting O linemen and decent RBs very well at all. If you’re talking recruiting classes as whole, our talent level is uneven across the depth chart. We have a top five defensive line, and a top 100 OL.

Then who do you blame for that? You’ve been anti get rid of Gus and focus on facilities this year. Who’s to blame for lacking in OL and RB recruiting?

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Recruiting top 10 nationally on average and we don’t have a “good” team almost 70% of the time. That’s the problem

That’s fine

Regardless, a lot of good teams are going to lose to Bama for the next 14 or so months. If beating Bama is your measuring stick, you need to readjust. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Just so we are clear it is was as balanced as it’s ever been when RG was the recruiting coordinator... now he’s been out of that for 2 years and you see how unbalanced already

Just now, aujeff11 said:

That’s fine

Regardless, a lot of good teams are going to lose to Bama for the next 14 or so months. If beating Bama is your measuring stick, you need to readjust. 

5 losses or more in 4 out of 6 years is more than bama

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Then who do you blame for that? You’ve been anti get rid of Gus and focus on facilities this year. Who’s to blame for lacking in OL and RB recruiting?

I’m fine with putting it on Gus. Doesn’t mean I agree with buying out a ridiculous contract. I thought I made myself clear?

26 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Let’s defend the coaches about “talent issues” but let’s say the players aren’t good enough to beat or start for certain teams and that it’s all on them, got it.

Your problem is no one is doing that. Pointing out the talent deficiencies is not in any way defending coaches. In fact, it is exactly the opposite. I solely blame them for our lack of talent.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Your problem is no one is doing that. Pointing out the talent deficiencies is not in any way defending coaches. In fact, it is exactly the opposite. I solely blame them for our lack of talent.

Well most people don’t say it. Nobody is saying, bama doesn’t have better athletes than everyone else, but with how we recruit it shouldn’t be “how bad are we gonna get beat this year” mentality. It should be “it’s gonna be a damn good game this year”

Archived