Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

38 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That’s the thing, even with OL issues we have had the the talent otherwise. This should of been competing for a sec championship berth come Saturday, but it’s not, and that’s where a lot of frustration comes from

I saw the oline deficiency preseason and predicted 8-4. This is the SEC. Games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage. That some not so skilled at analysis missed the deficiency is laughable.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yep. A special defensive performance is critical for us to compete. In a perfect world both sides would be expected to pull their own weight.

Totally agree at this point we know we aren’t gonna roll up 40 on them with our O.  

Everyone is gonna bitch and complain about pass coverage and pass yardage but for me the one thing you can’t do is let them run.  Hold them to 3.5 yards per carry or less and make them have to pass.  

21 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The failure in O-line recruiting falls in line with JP Grimes time here, fact.  We had always recruited and developed o-lineman until then.

However there have been strange circumstances along the o-line as well.  Horton and Harrell have seemed to regress.  Brahms and Troxall both came to Auburn with significant knee injuries.  Hamm and Manning had cancer.  I feel that we have the talent, just have very little confidence in Grimes being the right guy at the right time.  I think they need a younger guy who has done it before with a Muschamp personality to bring out that mean streak.  

As far as o-line recruiting, I have said it for years and see it happen where they preach it.   Recruit athletic and high football IQ players for your o-line and don't worry about star rankings and you will succeed

JB wasn’t even here the past 2 years.  We are now trying Hands guys out.  Not sure how you put this on JB because his guys were fine even under mister give up a billion sacks a season Hand.  

23 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The failure in O-line recruiting falls in line with JP Grimes time here, fact.  We had always recruited and developed o-lineman until then.

However there have been strange circumstances along the o-line as well.  Horton and Harrell have seemed to regress.  Brahms and Troxall both came to Auburn with significant knee injuries.  Hamm and Manning had cancer.  I feel that we have the talent, just have very little confidence in Grimes being the right guy at the right time.  I think they need a younger guy who has done it before with a Muschamp personality to bring out that mean streak.  

As far as o-line recruiting, I have said it for years and see it happen where they preach it.   Recruit athletic and high football IQ players for your o-line and don't worry about star rankings and you will succeed

Agree

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I saw the oline deficiency preseason and predicted 8-4. This is the SEC. Games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage. That some not so skilled at analysis missed the deficiency is laughable.

Agree with you many were singing the same tune but hoped JB could come in and whip them in proper form and Stidham could lead us to some victories early.  Didn’t work out.  Those are the breaks

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Does the family want to see wide open aggressive onside kicks, fake punts, deep throws, going on 4th downs, etc.. ? 

Or play it close try to limit mistakes try to control the ball, try to win special teams and see what happens at the end if we still have a chance?

not saying either gives us a legit chance but which do you think gives us the best chance?

If you don’t think either gives us a chance then why in the heck are you even asking the question? I’m sorry but I sure don’t see why you waste your time on an Auburn board. 

14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Literally dude, stop quoting me, you’ve been messaging in this thread the entire time, and back and quoting stuff from an hour ago, give it a rest

So a quote would be parenthetical. Didn't happen. So what you talkin bout Willis?

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:

not saying either gives us a legit chance but which do you think gives us the best chance?

Rain, rain, more rain and tornado's. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If you don’t think either gives us a chance then why in the heck are you even asking the question? I’m sorry but I sure don’t see why you waste your time on an Auburn board. 

Huh?  I see those as the 2 options for overall game planning.  I’m not sure if either will work that’s just being honest.  But was asking the rest which they would like to see...  the fans said Air Raid against UGA and we tried that to an extent but it didn’t work out

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Agree with you many were singing the same tune but hoped JB could come in and whip them in proper form and Stidham could lead us to some victories early.  Didn’t work out.  Those are the breaks

Thanks for the sanity coach. Sad in here at times. Reminds me why i often avoid.

Hold the fort. I am out................wife is calling me to bed. 

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

:no:

6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Literally dude, stop quoting me, you’ve been messaging in this thread the entire time, and back and quoting stuff from an hour ago, give it a rest

Annoying right? Anyway, I expect us to play damn good in the first half. Wouldn’t be surprised if it is a tie or one score game going into the half. However, the inability to stay on the field and depth will do us in, come the second half. That will be all she wrote.

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

JB wasn’t even here the past 2 years.  We are now trying Hands guys out.  Not sure how you put this on JB because his guys were fine even under mister give up a billion sacks a season Hand.  

Get a fricken clue man, seriously.  All the Red Shirt Sophomore, Junior, Red Shirt Junior,  Senior and Red Shirt Senior Lineman are His.  Yep he did a great job, you must be the dumbest coach ever  DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.  Stick to baseball, the sport you coach, yet oddly never post in the forum.  #TROLL   #unhinged 

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are being generous.  Let's be honest.

Bamas defense was the walking wounded on defense last year, and a one dimensional offense with Jalen. This is a different team.

21 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Get a fricken clue man, seriously.  All the Red Shirt Sophomore, Junior, Red Shirt Junior,  Senior and Red Shirt Senior Lineman are His.  Yep he did a great job, you must be the dumbest coach ever  DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.  Stick to baseball, the sport you coach, yet oddly never post in the forum.  #TROLL   #unhinged 

Who are all these redshirt juniors and seniors you speak of?  Tega?  So in 6 months he has had the time to develop them like he'd never left.  Yes I am a baseball coach but I prefer not to watch college baseball.  I used to love it but now it's like the MLB strikeouts and homeruns.  I mean half the players don't even know how to bunt barely even run bases.  

And since you think I'm so unhinged why not just ignore me.  Stop acting childish with the name calling.  

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Who are all these redshirt juniors and seniors you speak of?  Tega?  So in 6 months he has had the time to develop them like he'd never left.  Yes I am a baseball coach but I prefer not to watch college baseball.  I used to love it but now it's like the MLB strikeouts and homeruns.  I mean half the players don't even know how to bunt barely even run bases.  

And since you think I'm so unhinged why not just ignore me.  Stop acting childish with the name calling.  

Exactly who was recruiting them in moron.  Tega was a defensive end recruit as well

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Exactly who was recruiting them in moron.

ok idiot this will be my last response to you just because I think idiots like you need to understand something about coaching....  high school OL aren't ready to walk in and start in the SEC...  JB hasn't coach any of these players until this year you fool.  No one is saying that Tega, Harrell and Horton don't have talent, or that Kim was a 4 star center, and Driscoll was a GT pick up to fill in for the young tackles that haden't been developed in Ashley and Troxell.  So learn something about football, coaching, and development if you wanted to challenge me

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Better odds of winning powerball than AU beating bama this weekend. Going to be a 38-3ish bloodbath. Nick won't run the score up but it's going to feel like did and could have. 

not saying you're wrong but why wouldn't saban run up the score it's never stopped him before and against anyone other then directional school U

This game is going to go a lot like the 2014 matchup. I see us abandoning everything that got us to this point and going air raid. 500 yrds passing?

21 hours ago, corchjay said:

Frick the turds!  Shock the world.  Go Tigers

We need the ball to bounce our way, get some breaks, a couple miracles and then we at least have a chance.  

I haven't given up yet and won't until the clock reads 00:00

WDE to the OP.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

not saying you're wrong but why wouldn't saban run up the score it's never stopped him before and against anyone other then directional school U

IMO, Saban is as savvy as they come. He wants AU to keep Gus and the score will reflect this. But it's going to be a buttwhipping. IMO anyways. 

Archived