What it will take to Beat Bama

Win4AU

Bama has to beat themselves.....  Seriously.  Everything is slanted their way this year.  Home field, (  should there be an apostrophe here?)refs, sec, better team, every position (except kicker)   .  Collapse of AU  ,  Even revenge factor from the beating last year....  Nothing says we can win this game.  They will have to start ehcaving in and we can finish it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2018 at 1:44 PM, selias said:

What will it take to beat bama? A sudden outbreak of dysentery in their locker room.

If we had a group like the REC that would surely be a possibility. 😁

Taking a few liberties with the OP.

One of the all time great Auburn quotes.

Q.  "How long will it take to beat Bama? "

A.  Sixty Minutes"

Patrick F Dye  1981

Fear of a lifetime ban from Waffle House? (i.e. GENUINE "coaching for his job") 

xons4.jpg

An epic fail by Alabama and somehow Auburn playing better than they have all year.   Just read an article that said AU is converting 23% of 3rd downs in the month of November.   That spells out no chance of winning.    It’s going to have to be like 75% conversion to win

24 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

AU is converting 23% of 3rd downs in the month of November.   That spells out no chance of winning.    It’s going to have to be like 75% conversion to win

True. And I don't see that happening with that play calling guru Gus on the sidelines.

....a wide open offensive game plan. Hunh. Stidham playing above any ability he has previously performed. Receivers that don’t drop balls. Somehow try to generate some running attack. A defense that can get a couple turnovers, and just hang tough.  Kicking game has to be perfect.

All of this is unlikely, but hope is eternal. War eagle. 

First down. If we can minimize three and outs and keep our team feeling that they are in the game (and our defense somewhat rested), we can hang with them. If we string together a series of three and outs on offense, the team will probably not recover from that.

Well me run some numbers.

60C070D8-3D49-43D7-8C2E-1749488D0181.gif

Do some calculating.

46ED3E0F-2087-4692-B232-9ABD5CDAFC51.gif

Oh, this is interesting.

9A0721AB-44E2-48D5-892A-1FB8A4828547.gif

My initial response to the data!

8E3F8311-1FB8-4FEA-85B2-7613ECB4A081.gif

So what do my peers think?

E5247027-5B9C-4636-9245-81F3256D4EC9.gif

So my solution for beating Bama.......

932383DD-62A4-4861-B0AE-DC64DE1A8B98.gif

Intermediate passes. Big plays won’t win this game for us because we can’t keep up with Bama’s big plays. This is going to be a shootout if it’s an Auburn win, and the only way we’re gonna do that is by utilizing the intermediate passing game and mixing Boobee in every once in a while. Gus CANNOT stick to the run game in this one. He MUST utilize Davis, Schwartz, Williams and Slayton in 5-20 yard routes and we gotta hope they turn those into some big gains. 

I suspect we will see the same as we have most of the year: a stubborn Gus absolutely married to the idea of establishing the run even when he can’t do it. 

I actually believe this could be done if we would do these things because I don’t think Bama’s secondary and linebacker play is as good as it has been in recent years. I don’t think we will capitalize on this fact, however, and we will run ourselves into trouble a lot, then not be able to keep up with UAT’s high powered O

Archived