Doughty

cole256

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

Where was I confronting you? And you're right who said anything about him being the best? I haven't? You said he's looked very good in transition. I was specifically talking this tourney but I see you must be talking about the games at the beginning of the season. I didn't say anything about you saying he was Herron so I don't know why you said that. But nobody was talking about chum ma but you did and I was just going off what you said.

Just because someone may not see what you see is no reason to be angry, just post why you say it and talk about it. No reason to get feelings involved

Isn’t the point to share opinions? I agree with your take on Doughty. He played well early and did not have a good tourney in Maui.  He’s shown he can be a good role player, but I think CBP should look hard at increasing Dunbar’s minutes. I like him off the bench because he brings a spark and toughness, but he needs more minutes. 

Doughty still leaves the team with steals. He got one last night .  He did a little better against "lesser" talent--i agree.  And i also agree Dunbar is playing better ball at this time.   I still think my point and Coles both were right.  I was taking the whole picture in account and he was looking at against Duke and Xavier.  Just throwing up a guess why Bruce starts one over the other---  Doughty seems to fit the scheme Bruce wants to put out there to start the game.  Now is he capable?  We will see in the long run.  But with Doughty you basically have 3 guards on the floor, which gives you more options on pressing and transition

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

I think he should start personally

i kinda' do too, but he is such a bull in the china shop type player.....lol, he can play you in or out of a game real fast.....he is much more consistent this year....i thought doughty played much better against arizona....his defense is pretty good and he made some shots....him and dunbar formed a pretty good combo 3....

The purpose of the non-conference season is always to improve as a team and a player.  I need to see more games before I can evaluate the guys.  Basketball is a streaky game, kinda like baseball.  You can go to a game and a guy goes 4-4 with 2 hrs and he looks a stud, the next 0-4 with 4 ks and you get a completely different evaluation.  Early foul trouble has not helped him at Maui, did not see last nights game.

Archived