Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Not to mention- didn't Stoops have a huge, filthy, obvious problem with the SEC?

He’s not afraid of the SEC gauntlet. He talked the big talk about the SEC and then backed it up

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest apprehension with Dabo is you know he will be the first call from UAT once Saban retires,  which could be this year once he beats Bear's record.  Can you imagine the ultimate troll job by Bama? We fire Malzahn, hire Dabo only for him to take job at Bama in January.  

14 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

htt https://twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/status/1067209891889250304 ps://twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/status/1067209891889250304

Ds99A_pVsAE_jHv.jpg

Standard coach-speak when there's no ACTUAL vacancy. #timingiseverything.  Kolchak beat me to it...Saban said the same thing...with a good bit of dramatic flair, too. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Does Gus really want to come back to place where probably 90 percent of the people don't want him? Money talks I suppose.

Nancy Pelosi doesn't seem to mind... I kid I kid!

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Things I’ve learned in this thread so far:

1) Completely convinced Corch is Kristi Malzahn now (jk Corch, just a little goodhearted dig since we hold differing opinions)

2) I’m very disappointed no entrepreneurial spirit has replaced flightAware or flightTracker as the best way to follow coaching searches.

3) If Leath’s the road block, maybe we can do a two-for-one deal and get rid of them both in the same day! (And no, not just for his athletics malpractice)

Lol I haven’t defended Gus once in this thread.  Stoops would be an upgrade and I would support.  But screwing him over an invalid contract is horse hockey.  That’s my stance 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

He’s not afraid of the SEC gauntlet. He talked the big talk about the SEC and then backed it up

I suspect the point was how much he disrespected the SEC and considered the SEC overrated.

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

My biggest apprehension with Dabo is you know he will be the first call from UAT once Saban retires,  which could be this year once he beats Bear's record.  Can you imagine the ultimate troll job by Bama? We fire Malzahn, hire Dabo only for him to take job at Bama in January.  

Good make Bama pay us huge $$$$$ to steal him. If we don't snag him he's 85% likely to end up at Bama anyways. Might as well get paid by Bama.

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No believe it or not right now it’s a BIG name that would make folks forget about the buyout. I’m ok with that but that’s what it’s really down to.

Let's hear some specifics, boss.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

I posted a great article in the thread "Who Should Succeed...." Speaks right to this. Still hoping. His faith and the REC/win at all costs mentality cannot coexist, from his own lips. Changing the Bama culture would have to be his top priority, and he may want to avoid the muck. But you are right, they WOULD come calling. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Good make Bama pay us huge $$$$$ to steal him. If we don't snag him he's 85% likely to end up at Bama anyways. Might as well get paid by Bama.

Alabama fans made a thread to his comment about not happy with 12-0 and said “maybe he’s not our future coach after all”. 

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I suspect you are right.

But....at least we're having a little bit of fun tonight.  Otherwise, I'd just be reading my kids' homework.

😁

Ha! Priorities, am I right?

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I suspect the point was how much he disrespected the SEC and considered the SEC overrated.

The overrated SEC part will go away. Just a part of the territory. Again, he backed up his talk. He didn’t want his team being goo goo eyed just because of an SEC brand. He wouldn’t get recruits conceding SEC dominance.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Alabama fans made a thread to his comment about not happy with 12-0 and said “maybe he’s not our future coach after all”. 

I pray to God every night that Bama will collapse after Saban leaves and go back to the mediocrity of my youth (during the 6 years we stomped them). Their fanbase oh so deserves 5 straight seasons of .500 or worse. The only other just karma would be for the NCAA to go full ban hammer on them and strike them back into the dark ages.

Archived