Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well apparently it’s not just someone but a person very successful . That makes a difference and also will break the myth track record that Auburn can’t get quality coaches 

Its not a myth lol

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, corchjay said:

There is no such thing anymore as journalistic integrity.  It's all about subscriptions and clicks.  

I agree but that's pretty egregious, even by today's standard.

15 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Pat Dye would go back to measuring asses with ax handles...

Absolutely hilarious man 

Hell he may have to use telephone poles vs axe handles

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

Its not a myth lol

It is a myth. The problem is previous Auburn Brass always went after the Auburn Guy. The same mindset some of our fans have. You offer enough money and be willing to follow through, you would be amazed at what can be had.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is a myth. The problem is previous Auburn Brass always went after the Auburn Guy. The same mindset some of our fans have. You offer enough money and be willing to follow through, you would be amazed at what can be had.

Shug, Dye, Tuberville, Bowden none are Auburn folks so not sure where that comes from that Auburn only goes after Auburn people.  Barfield was 1, Chizik was another, then Gus.  

52 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Why Norman?  Stoops moved to Florida. 

Someone probably already responded, but in Coach Chizik's SERIOUSLY good book, ALL IN, he described his own interview process and how neutral, totally off-radar meeting spots are the norm due to the need for confidentiality...

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Shug, Dye, Tuberville, Bowden none are Auburn folks so not sure where that comes from that Auburn only goes after Auburn people.  Barfield was 1, Chizik was another, then Gus.  

Shug, Pat Dye, Bowden, etc is  before my time. Since I have been an Auburn fan 2 out of the 3 coaches were associated with Auburn. Good try though.

When the final price tag comes out just remember Nick has raised just the football revenue by close to $70 million a year not even counting the added revenue to uat as a whole. Sona half year add on could pay for Gus leaving and the other half and one more would pay for the next coach. I know it sounds like a lot of money but look at it as an investment. That also doesn’t count what AU would lose if Gus stayed another year.

18 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

With early signing period right around the corner I am thinking this is a troll job to torpedo our recruiting. Tin foil hat is on tight.

I can’t speak for Josh moon, but Tate and Marcelo have absolutely zero incentive to troll auburn fans. It would literally torpedoed their livelihood. Forgive the capitalization issues, I’m doing this With voice to text while driving

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Shug, Pat Dye, Bowden, etc is  before my time. Since I have been an Auburn fan 2 out of the 3 coaches were associated with Auburn. Good try though.

Damn you're young

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Someone probably already responded, but in Coach Chizik's SERIOUSLY good book, ALL IN, he described his own interview process and how neutral, totally off-radar meeting spots are the norm due to the need for confidentiality...

Pretty sure Bob has more than one home.

Bob Stoops is just a smokescreen. Auburn is gonna snatch Condoleezza Rice right out from under the Browns! History in the making!

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well AU football did exist before you my friend.

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Chiz and Gus bare.....what ….2 years here before getting hired as HC.... 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I can’t speak for Josh moon, but Tate and Marcelo have absolutely zero incentive to troll auburn fans. It would literally torpedoed their livelihood. Forgive the capitalization issues, I’m doing this With voice to text while driving

They haven't given enough specific information themselves to torpedo themselves and just like all coaching searches the insider reporters all they have to say is someone backed out at the last moment.  Some one with money pulled the plug and so forth.  It's happened many times before

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Shug?! Ralph Shug Jordan was Auburn!  Until his passing day! He was Auburn University to the core! Thank you very much!

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

They haven't given enough specific information themselves to torpedo themselves and just like all coaching searches the insider reporters all they have to say is someone backed out at the last moment.  Some one with money pulled the plug and so forth.  It's happened many times before

it does happen often.  

Just now, corchjay said:

Damn you're young

Not young so to speak. Born in 1989 but I didnt truly know Auburn until I experienced my first game in 97 which was the tail end of Coach Bowden. My Golden years of Auburn was with Tuberville and that's who I associated with Auburn growing up and Chizik during my college years.

But folks are right the last two HCs were recent coordinators at AU and that Didn’t work well. Both were better as Coordinaters than HC mainly because they couldn’t give up control of their side of the ball.

Archived