Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Standard coach-speak when there's no ACTUAL vacancy. #timingiseverything.  Kolchak beat me to it...Saban said the same thing...with a good bit of dramatic flair, too. 

So, when he says I'm not going to be the coach at the University of Auburn it's a done deal?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I posted a great article in the thread "Who Should Succeed...." Speaks right to this. Still hoping. His faith and the REC/win at all costs mentality cannot coexist, from his own lips. Changing the Bama culture would have to be his top priority, and he may want to avoid the muck. But you are right, they WOULD come calling. 

Other than being a Bama nut, if he would put that aside to be All In with Auburn,  I would be all for it. I love the way he handles the media, and the kids on the team.  He loves his players, and they love him.  

21 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Coaches deny things all the time. Doesn’t mean a hill of beans. Last I checked, tubs didn’t have to pop out of a pinewood box leaving oxford

^^^^ This, and Saban flat out said he would not be the next coach at bammur, and look what happened...

1 minute ago, tigerrules said:

All we need now is for Arkansas to be inserted into this fiasco. 

Stoops has a 2 hour layover at Little Rock airport on his way to Auburn.

9 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Coaches deny things all the time. Doesn’t mean a hill of beans. Last I checked, tubs didn’t have to pop out of a pinewood box leaving oxford

Agreed! Coach Nick Saban did the exact thing about the Alabama Job. They are all playing the cards....now....it very well could be true..what bob says....but i dont put  a lot of stock into it

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Let's hear some specifics, boss.

Put simple if AU is going to buy out Gus at $32 million then AU is going to have to have a really big name coach already signed sealed and delivered to stare down the critics with. At least for the guys that okedthis ridiculous buyout. Speaking of which who here believes Gus would have survived a 7-5 this year without the buyout. Folks keep thinking that AU won’t spend the money. It’s not about anyone believing in Gus and Gus knows that. They can make things bad for him if they want.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/status/1067209891889250304?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-2275774973259037615.ampproject.net%2F1811202351440%2Fframe.html

Bob Stoops emphatically denies to

reports Auburn representatives have reached out (or will): “I haven’t talked to anybody from Auburn. I haven’t met with anybody...nor am I set to talk to anybody. It’s just foolish speculation...that has no basis to it."

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

^^^^ This, and Saban flat out said he would not be the next coach at bammur, and look what happened...

Yep. However we still need to put this to bed until more news come about. We don’t want to turn into Tennessee chasing Gruden...

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

With the USA Today Sports comments from Stoops out is Moon still tweeting about his "inside info"?

I would bet money Bob has talked to someone about AU already. Not sure what he will do but he has spoken on the subject. As a past coach he won’t go public till Gus is formally fired. I don’t think you can name a coach that went public before the past coachwas fired.

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Another manifestation of the dysfunction at so many levels, in my opinion. There has been plenty of time to deliberate and evaluate options. This process should go quickly, and very much needs to. 

I agree Walt 🙂

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Put simple if AU is going to buy out Gus at $32 million then AU is going to have to have a really big name coach already signed sealed and delivered to stare down the critics with. At least for the guys that okedthis ridiculous buyout. Speaking of which who hear Gus would have survived a 7-5 this year without the buyout. Folks keep thinking that AU won’t spend the money. It’s not about anyone believing in Gus and Gus knows that. They can make things bad for him if they want.

Your previous post sounded like you knew who we were after.

I’m not saying I know what is happening, but we wouldn’t be talking directly to Stoops. We’d be talking to his agent or other representative. That gives all sides plausible deniability and if it falls through no one has egg on their face because it never happened. 

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

No coach is worth $100 million... none not 1...  When families can't afford to go to games the game has gotten to big.  When athletic departments budgets are over $100 million and get subed by the academic side and not the other way around something is wrong.  I'm all for running with the big dogs but when is enough enough... When tuition is sky rocketing no thanks on supporting that kind of money.  That's a different subject from this thread but that's just my opinion.  Once the evil elf went over $4m I was like enough is enough and now you have coaches like Muschamp making 8 frickin million a year... lol  

It's called reality. Are you still pissed you can't go to the movies for a nickel?

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Brandon I know you creep on here for info but the only people that matter to the public have supported the coach.  The AD and the President.  So bring some real information or stop the innuendos 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The overrated SEC part will go away. Just a part of the territory. Again, he backed up his talk. He didn’t want his team being goo goo eyed just because of an SEC brand. He wouldn’t get recruits conceding SEC dominance.

I actually agreed with Stoops.  And I'm agreeing with you.

You remove the Bama equation the last several years and IMO the SEC is not really better than the Big12.  I think it has just been overblown by ESPN for $$$.

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I would bet money Bob has talked to someone about AU already. Not sure what he will do but he has spoken on the subject. As a past coach he won’t go public till Gus is formally fired. I don’t think you can name a coach that went public before the past coachwas fired.

Great point.

58 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think this Moon news is really going to hurt auburn. Anything happening behind the scenes is not supposed to get out. 

I get nervous,. Looking back at how the TN coaching search went LY....   Yikes,. We need to avoid that circus atmosphere.  

Archived