Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

i remember when tubbs was going to bolt and they were going to hire houston nutt  circa 2007?  Then i think he got an extension and low and behold he was gone the next year. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cctiger said:

Shug?! Ralph Shug Jordan was Auburn!  Until his passing day! He was Auburn University to the core! Thank you very much!

my bad I thought he was one of the notre dame fellas

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Damn you're young

Ain’t that the truth. I can’t remember Barfield, but definitely loved AUburn beginning with Patrick Fayne Dye and was in school during Tot’s tenure. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not young so to speak. Born in 1989 but I didnt truly know Auburn until I experienced my first game in 97 which was the tail end of Coach Bowden. My Golden years of Auburn was with Tuberville and that's who I associated with Auburn growing up and Chizik during my college years.

Maybe I'm just getting old or something lol

9 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Someone probably already responded, but in Coach Chizik's SERIOUSLY good book, ALL IN, he described his own interview process and how neutral, totally off-radar meeting spots are the norm due to the need for confidentiality...

I wouldn't call Norman, OK a neutral, off the radar spot if you're interviewing Bob Stoops...

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well AU football did exist before you my friend.

Lol yes indeed, but I am speaking from my perspective. I can't speak for people who watched football During the civil rights movement. 

The fact is that Gus is not wanted after the IB.    besides by one person on here, guessing it's Gus' waffle house waitress/or and he is a good tipper.

Admin has given the green  light to go after their guy, not sure there is more than one agreed upon.

Nobody is denying reports

Needs to be a coach that believes we are a national brand

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Ain’t that the truth. I can’t remember Barfield, but definitely loved AUburn beginning with Patrick Fayne Dye and was in school during Tot’s tenure. 

I took you for one of the young ones.  I was born in 89 as well. 

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I can’t speak for Josh moon, but Tate and Marcelo have absolutely zero incentive to troll auburn fans. It would literally torpedoed their livelihood. Forgive the capitalization issues, I’m doing this With voice to text while driving

I agree and to add to that, if we hired Bob Stoops, I have a gut feeling that our recruiting class would be fine.

Sounds like Jet Gate all over again....anyone know where Bobby Lowder and David Housel are at the moment  ?   That's the key to this whole thing.... 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sounds like Jet Gate all over again....anyone know where Bobby Lowder and David Housel are at the moment  ?   That's the key to this whole thing.... 

It is unfortunate that our administration supported the coach in public but with fingers crossed behind their backs. It's a dirty game!

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All I'm saying is there is probably a reason we haven't heard any news about Chip yet. We may actually have a new coach next year.

I would find it beyond hilarious if we hired Stoops, he kept Chip and actually let Chip run the offense, then we scored a crap ton of points.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I would find it beyond hilarious if we hired Stoops, he kept Chip and actually let Chip run the offense, then we scored a crap ton of points.

Gus would be like "well........dang". You know....in his Gus voice.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Difference is Tubs still had the support of the fanbase. Can you imagine the deflation of Stoops’ name being tossed around just to settle to another year of Gus.

Also, If Stoops takes tbe job, guess which QB will stay!????!!!!?!!!

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is unfortunate that our administration supported the coach in public but with fingers crossed behind their backs. It's a dirty game!

That's before he shat the bed against our rivals. Things change. If you're gonna make big money, you gotta play the game🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think this Moon news is really going to hurt auburn. Anything happening behind the scenes is not supposed to get out. 

I'll guarantee this was an intentional "leak"

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

When Gus decided to not try to win the game but keep the score respectable, that was a another breaking point for people.  It is a loser mentality.

I can not accept the Head Coach at Auburn to have that mentality and remained employed

It was for me.  I was already in favor of parting ways, but would accept a new big name OC. That logic and destroying our kicker on the 4th down play made it to where I didn't want to accept any other option. 

Archived