Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Jeff is the only one I know of. He loves him some Andy Staples. 

Yikes 

Thoughts and prayers bud. Didn’t mean to. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Just so you don't have to look it up....Use of personal attacks to distract from the fact that one has run out of valid points pertaining to the debate.

Thanks @bigbird. I was about to look that up, lol.

21 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

College football has been changing since it's beginning. 

I understand we have the all-time longest thread going here but is this really on-point?

I think we will never know 100% of what really happened in this saga. How do we know there are really ongoing negotiations and everything that has going to happen has already happened? Too many rumors flying around. Only 2 options should be on the table (they may not be but should be).  Fire Gus asap or throw 100% support behind the football program and give it everything needed to succeed and compete with those teams that are and have already done this such as bammer, and the muts.

28 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

College football has been changing since it's beginning. 

Jesus Christ man! You must be an absolute joy to be around in person. 

15 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Swimsuit issue. Cheryl Tiegs and Christine Brinkley

I'm dating myself, but man were they hawt. 

Kathy Ireland and Kim Alexis.....good times

78AA216D-059C-4679-8351-21D047D04C79.jpeg

9396AFD4-F556-43A5-B099-D03EA460609B.jpeg

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jesus Christ man! You must be an absolute joy to be around in person. 

Wat? You said college football is dying. I'm the killjoy? You are wrong and that was a dumb statement. The sport has never been more popular and it growing. Sure it's changing but has been for over 100 years. 

15 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I understand we have the all-time longest thread going here but is this really on-point?

Not yet

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He likely did, but he was also getting considerable pressure from money people that he better keep Pearl Leath was the only one talking about firing Pearl.  Everyone else was pulling the same direction.  That's not the case here and seeing as Leath negotiated this terrible contract, I'm betting he wants to save face.  To me, this boils down to Learn doing what's best for his image and not Auburn.

Also, it's been noted in another thread by a mod that Greene is no fan of Gus.  Better for him to lay back here and let Leath take the hit.  Gives Greene more power next year when we're doing a full blown coaching search.

^^this^^

5 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Apparently some on here want to see the AD lose his job and go around his boss and make Leath look bad in the process. Yes that's how an AD needs to act... Just think how long you'd stay employed if you did that to your superiors

They don't seem to understand the situation and are confusing one situation for another.

It works the same way in high school athletics most of the time. An AD can recommend hirings and firings as they see fit. Most principals don't tell them yes or no either way because they trust the employee they have put in that position. Unfortunately that's not currently happening at Auburn.

Let's end this stupid part of the conversation of comparing the Gus and Bruce situation.

Bruce - Leath wanted him gone but Greene fought to keep Bruce and ultimately Leath still had to agree with Greene's decision/opinion; otherwise he could have vetoed the decision and gotten rid of Bruce. There also weren't two massive boosters on warring fronts in this scenario pulling all of the strings they had access to at the time.

Gus - Leath wants Gus to stay because he's directly tied to that God awful buyout and is protecting his own a**. Greene is against keeping Gus but again Leath has the final say on this and is trying to put himself in a better position. Plus we have two massive PTB warring over how to handle this and how to proceed. Leath probably wouldn't have minded Gus leaving on his own accord but seems terrified of just paying the buyout and admitting defeat.

Should an AD have the final say in all of this? Yes. Do some people have s***** management styles where they don't listen to the person they put in the position to make such decisions. There's obviously more money involved and Leath's job wasn't on the line like it could potentially be now.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wat? You said college football is dying. I'm the killjoy? You are wrong and that was a dumb statement. The sport has never been more popular and it growing. Sure it's changing but has been for over 100 years. 

You're overthinking my comment. Really really bad. Take a look at the college football landscape. There is one program that is literally on a completely different level than anyone else ever hopes to be on. Players are getting flagged and ejected for hits that are questionable (See MSU vs LSU), refs are either getting dumber or more corrupt (jury is still out on that), etc, etc. I didn't mean the revenue or rating have gotten worse. And you probably know that. You're just a know it all who sits on your computer and craps on everyone's comments, because you don't have anything better to do. Lets just drop it. I'm not wasting my time on explaining myself to you anymore. Your presence is depressing.

19 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

we have the all-time longest thread going here

Not even close if we can factor in the old AE site. The Seastrunk thread was over 900 pages at 10 posts per page. This thread would have to get to 360 pages minimum to even be in the same stratosphere.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not even close if we can factor in the old AE site. The Seastrunk thread was over 900 pages at 10 posts per page. This thread would have to get to 360 pages minimum to even be in the same stratosphere.

The name sounds familiar (Seastrunk). I amaze my wife with my AU football trivia(?) knowledge but what pray tell was that thread all about?

as stated above, many times - this is all about Leath and his terrible judgment.

If he approves to fire Gus, he just put himself on a short leash, plain and simple.   He doesn't give a rip about stripping away resources that will help Gus be successful b/c he is from freaking Iowa State and doesn't  get it.   This is the man that wanted to dump Bruce Pearl to make a PR move!

Nothing will happen unless Gus finds another gig and he likes it.

34 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Swimsuit issue. Cheryl Tiegs and Christine Brinkley

I'm dating myself, but man were they hawt. 

I was always a fan of Rachel Hunter back in the day.

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He likely did, but he was also getting considerable pressure from money people that he better keep Pearl.  Leath was the only one talking about firing Pearl.  Everyone else was pulling the same direction.  That's not the case here and seeing as Leath negotiated this terrible contract, I'm betting he wants to save face.  To me, this boils down to Learn doing what's best for his image and not Auburn.

Also, it's been noted in another thread by a mod that Greene is no fan of Gus.  Better for him to lay back here and let Leath take the hit.  Gives Greene more power next year when we're doing a full blown coaching search.

All this plus ADAG had to strongly urge Leath not to fire CBP before the end of last season. Had ADAG not done that CBP would not be here today.

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You're overthinking my comment. Really really bad. Take a look at the college football landscape. There is one program that is literally on a completely different level than anyone else ever hopes to be on. Players are getting flagged and ejected for hits that are questionable (See MSU vs LSU), refs are either getting dumber or more corrupt (jury is still out on that), etc, etc. I didn't mean the revenue or rating have gotten worse. And you probably know that. You're just a know it all who sits on your computer and craps on everyone's comments, because you don't have anything better to do. Lets just drop it. I'm not wasting my time on explaining myself to you anymore. Your presence is depressing.

I agree Bammer is taking the joy out of college football for MANY other teams fans. 

3 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

The name sounds familiar (Seastrunk). I amaze my wife with my AU football trivia(?) knowledge but what pray tell was that thread all about?

Lache Seastrunk. The greatest football recruit of all time to never play at AU. He was most famous for calling out Saban at a Toomer's Roll after an AU win.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As someone who wasn't here for that...

Dear God WHY was it so dang long???

2 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

So just checking in the morning... any updates or are we still in a holding pattern? 

holdingpattern.jpg

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lache Seastrunk. The greatest football recruit of all time to never play at AU. He was most famous for calling out Saban at a Toomer's Roll after an AU win.

I remember that thread. That was during my lurking but not being a commenter days. Lache was the one that got away. There was a time when Lattimore, Lache, and Mike Dyer were going to all come to AU. 3 years later we have Tre Mason doing better than all 3. Ha

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

As someone who wasn't here for that...

Dear God WHY was it so dang long???

Because there were just as many people with just as little knowledge posting constantly then as now, just over a longer period of time, lol

Archived