Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Press conference addressing rumors? Back Gus? Fire Gus, I addressed that one with you. No one outside AU is talking much about this. This isn't some huge national news story. 

Not a word of it here in central OH

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s not an ad hominem. That’s an observation. When I was giving facts last page you were fine about about making the discussion about aujeff11, not tbe ideas. What changed?

Certainly not your comprehension or contribution to the ongoing conversation

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No one outside AU is talking much about this. This isn't some huge national news story. 

Classic mistake by Auburn fans, thinking that we're important to anyone but ourselves and the fans of a couple rival schools. That's only true in the rare season that we beat bama/win the West, which of course puts us in play for the national title the last 10 years. 

And right now, even our main rivals don't care about us. They both beat our doors off as expected and now have much more important business to take care of. Thanks, Gus.

Edit: What @Tiger Refuge and @AUDevil said. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People fighting, we've got no direction.....our pets heads are falling off!!!!

Like Matthews said, “we put tbe fun in disfunctional.” Embrace it. 

28 minutes ago, bg5 said:

What happened to "The money for the buyout is in place"? Was it not really in place or when it got serious those people backed out.

It's there. Only Leath can OK it be paid out though as I think most of it comes from his buddy Herbert.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes, this is becoming more and more story. SI and others have already picked up on it and will continue to.

https://www.si.com/college-football

A dear Andy mention? Lol. Nothing on the front page about AU. Little article about what is next for Ga Tech doe. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's there. Only Leath can OK it be paid out though as I think most of it comes from his buddy Herbert.

If AU were to pay the buyout both of these individuals would be pretty much neutered.  Leath would be gone before the end of next year and Harbert's power and influence on the BOT would be pretty much gone. So here we are. Best case scenario would be for Gus to get another job. 

I have to say, this time last year we were in the top 4, playing for a SEC championship, and getting ready to punch our ticket to the playoff. And now look at us. That's impressive. To take a nose dive that drastic, you have to really be trying. No one can take away how good we are at falling apart and then rising from the ashes, over and over again. It's just what we do!  

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I have to say, this time last year we were in the top 4, playing for a SEC championship, and getting ready to punch our ticket to the playoff. And now look at us. That's impressive. To take a nose dive that drastic, you have to really be trying. No one can take away how good we are at falling apart and then rising from the ashes, over and over again. It's just what we do!  

Yeah and Gus was a loss away after lsu last year from being fired. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/

A mention of the front page about LSU getting a top QB over Miami. 

That's really just a great thing for LSU. I'm happy for them. They found them a true winner. They deserve it. Their fans have drunkenly pissed and threw up and gotten kicked out of stadiums enough to get this thing turned around after Les. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

War Phoenix! 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nah man, you gotta listen in to one of those mid-afternoon ESPN shows where 4 bloggers yell at each other for hot takes points. At some point when they're talking about the SEC championship between our main rivals, they'll mention how they both beat the crap out of their common opponents and then there will be a quick aside along the lines of, "Auburn, who might have a new coach next year". It's right there in plain sight, bro. Wake up!

18 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If AU were to pay the buyout both of these individuals would be pretty much neutered.  Leath would be gone before the end of next year and Harbert's power and influence on the BOT would be pretty much gone. So here we are. Best case scenario would be for Gus to get another job. 

How does Harbert get neutered if he steps up and pays it?  He'll have been good on his word.  He gets neutered if someone else steps up and pays it.  There's an opportunity...if we have someone else willing to pony up the buy-out to get this whole mess to go away they could seize control.

Enter Bobby Lowder...

Never thought I'd see the day that we renegotiate a terrible deal into a better deal with a coach who has all the cards and is willing to give them away to stay at a school where he had to strategically run the clock down to keep our biggest rival from putting up 80 points on us, exactly one year after beating our second straight number 1 team and punching our ticket to the SEC championship. 

Ladies and Gents, we are living in a crazy world. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nah man, you gotta listen in to one of those mid-afternoon ESPN shows where 4 bloggers yell at each other for hot takes points. At some point when they're talking about the SEC championship between our main rivals, they'll mention how they both beat the crap out of their common opponents and then there will be a quick aside along the lines of, "Auburn, who might have a new coach next year". It's right there in plain sight, bro. Wake up!

I was on the road all day yesterday and listened to 3 hours of Dan Patrick. Even had Greg Stankey on the show. No mention of Gus and AU. 

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

How does Harbert get neutered if he steps up and pays it?  He'll have been good on his word.  He gets neutered if someone else steps up and pays it.  There's an opportunity...if we have someone else willing to pony up the buy-out to get this whole mess to go away they could seize control.

Harbert isn't going to pay off the whole 30 plus million. On the hook for 12m maybe. When you put you name and reputation behind a deal and the deal is a very bad deal, well that has consequences. IMO, Harbert has already lost a lot of his influence on the BOT after this. 

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This debacle isn’t over yet and it’s conference championship week. Your point? The news are slower. Still, it’s slowly trickling to SDS, Busted Coverage, and others. It doesn’t have to become national news if there was any type of leadership in Auburn. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

This debacle isn’t over yet and it’s conference championship week. Your point? The news are slower. Still, it’s slowly trickling to SDS, Busted Coverage, and others. It doesn’t have to become national news if there was any type of leadership in Auburn. 

My point? You said the national media was already picking the story up. I looked. You lied. I don't have a point. 

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

I will flippin burn down the entire campus before I let Urban Meyer become a coach at Auburn. He is the scum of the Earth. I’d rather let Pat Dye run the damn wing-t and only recruit 2 star players.

I like the rest of your list but I’ll say we don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell at getting Lincoln Riley. 

Hey Zeek, I threw Meyer out there as a winning record not necessarily wanting. I meant getting a coach with a proven record. All is good my friend!

Archived