Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'm sure Leath still had to approve Pearl's new contract this summer, did he not? He may not have been the one that negotiated the contract extension like he did for Gus but I'll be surprised if he still didn't have to sign off on it, correct?

This is no time to turn on Greene.  Let's blow off one foot at a time.

And he's probably having second thoughts about the job anyway.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That isn't the question I asked.  I think it's fairly obvious that what Leach wants right now is to not say anything more than he feels he has to.  But what you're suggesting, whether you realize it or not, is that Greene go rogue on his boss and hold a presser about it anyway to prove he's not "MIA."  

I answered your question. Given that the AD would only be echoing the president’s response, I don’t see that as going rogue....

and it’s Leath*

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Especially when you're a Mod like Titan who has to monitor or deal with crazy stuff in the forums & try to keep it from being to crazy.

Well I never see anybody threaten anybody else anytime ever on here so that's a good thing!

Just now, McLoofus said:

"Look at the gams on that dame!"

Isn't it sentences like this that got Verne Lundquist a much needed retirement?

Just now, Zeek said:

Didn't realize you weren't a mod until the other day E! Never really look at people's "titles" below their names lol.

Yeah. I had to make a by line below my avi because I kept getting site related PMs that were better suited for Titan & RIR.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Who swindled you to pay for something that was free?

Biiiird?!?!?! You got some splainin to do.

You think Golf's early retirement was on the up and up?

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lache Seastrunk. The greatest football recruit of all time to never play at AU. He was most famous for calling out Saban at a Toomer's Roll after an AU win.

"What's up, Nick Saban? Wait 'til we get here."

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Isn't it sentences like this that got Verne Lundquist a much needed retirement?

Well, it certainly wasn't being terrible at his job besides golf and giving bama reach-arounds. People loved him for that. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You think Golf's early retirement was on the up and up?

Fair point. He probably spent what he had all on beer.

And is it early retirement when one is over a milenia old?

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I answered your question. Given that the AD would only be echoing the president’s response, I don’t see that as going rogue....

and it’s Leath*

It is if the president doesn't want you holding a presser.  Doesn't matter how you see it, it's how he sees it.  If he wanted a presser on the situation he'd either hold one or allow his subordinate to do so.  

And it should be *Leech.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Well, it certainly wasn't being terrible at his job besides golf and giving bama reach-arounds. People loved him for that. 

CBS is always a miserable experience for college football. Gary Danielson isn't much better.

Just now, McLoofus said:

I always liked the fact he never knew the players names... truly a great professional!!

Just now, Zeek said:

CBS is always a miserable experience for college football. Gary Danielson isn't much better.

But he is better... Man the bar is really low for CBS

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

It is if the president doesn't want you holding a presser.  Doesn't matter how you see it, it's how he sees it.  If he wanted a presser on the situation he'd either hold one or allow his subordinate to do so.  

And it should be *Leech.

It's okay Titan. Jeff is in a mood. He's just going to keep trying to "rustle jimmies".

Jay Tate's Thursday morning update:

...This wasn't supposed to happen. Leath was expected to confront Malzahn with a list of impossible-to-accept limitations that would make a return for 2019 simply untenable. The goal was to coax Malzahn into a voluntary negotiation to extricate himself from this mess. Or perhaps to avoid the massive train wreck everyone could see coming.

Yet Leath misunderstood Malzahn's raison de vivre. Surely the coach who seized upon a small window of opportunity last fall to snag a contract worth $49 million would be all about the money, right? Wrong. Malzahn isn't about the money at all. He didn't grow up with money and never developed a taste for expensive things. His financial outlook is binary: Enough or not enough.

Malzahn already has earned more than $25 million as Auburn's head coach. He has enough money.

No, Malzahn wants this job...

Story continues here...

So what we are hearing, from all the local media guys, and several on this board, is for the most part, the school president and maybe one booster wants to keep Gus, everyone else, wants him fired!

We are also hearing Leath gave Gus a new contract expecting him to reject it, so Leath could get rid of him, then Gus called his bluff and was willing to sign.

I mean does that sound like something the president would do if he’s in support of Gus staying? Do you see how this whole thing just doesn’t make sense?

Just now, Grimnir said:

But he is better... Man the bar is really low for CBS

I'll take literally anyone over that woman with the gravel voice and no common sense or football sense. Don't know her name and I really don't care to know.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It is. But the politics to this don't make that decision as easy as it sounds.  The 2 biggest powers at AU are in jeopardy of losing each's power. Neither want this to happen. So here we are. No final decisions have been made yet. 

Meanwhile other schools are all over our top recruits Nero fiddles while Rome burns. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

raison de vivre

"the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior"

For those who didn't know... like me

Archived