Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Never thought I'd see the day that we renegotiate a terrible deal into a better deal with a coach who has all the cards and is willing to give them away to stay at a school where he had to strategically run the clock down to keep our biggest rival from putting up 80 points on us, exactly one year after beating our second straight number 1 team and punching our ticket to the SEC championship. 

Ladies and Gents, we are living in a crazy world. 

Don't forget that those two #1s, our two main rivals and members of our same conference, ended up playing for the national championship. And don't forget that this was the second time this decade that our main rival failed to play for the SEC championship but ended up beating another SEC team- an annual opponent and rival of ours in each case- for the national title. 

War Eagle!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't forget that those two #1s, our two main rivals and members of our same conference, ended up playing for the national championship. And don't forget that this was the second time this decade that our main rival failed to play for the SEC championship but ended up beating another SEC team- an annual opponent and rival of ours in each case- for the national title. 

War Eagle!

College football is dying. The system is broken. The rules have become ridiculous. Recruits hold way too much power. Coaches are the highest paid state employees in the most states. And a few teams have all the power (media,refs,recruits,coaches,etc). It's time for a reformation.

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

My point? You said the national media was already picking the story up. I looked. You lied. I don't have a point. 

How did I lie when you referenced tbe Andy Staples story (national publication) and “picking the story up” denotes the present day.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2018/11/28/auburn-gus-malzahn-contract-buyout-mailbag

There are others though. 

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/11/24/18101728/gus-malzahn-auburn-hot-seat?__twitter_impression=true

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2018/11/28/auburn-football-gus-malzahn-reduced-buyout?__twitter_impression=true

And plenty of national football writers chirping on Twitter. Like I said this is an ongoing thing and an embarrassment and can only get worse if we dont put it down.

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

Georgia Tech taking Gus for us would be one of the nicest things a “rival” has ever done for us.

Please God, I can’t afford another year of Gus. With all the other bs in life I just need Auburn football to be fun again. Last game it was fun was maybe against Washington. 

JABA would be laughing at Ga Tech for taking Gus and then turning around in a month and getting beat by him in the bowl game.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

College football is dying. The system is broken. The rules have become ridiculous. Recruits hold way too much power. Coaches are the highest paid state employees in the most states. And a few teams have all the power (media,refs,recruits,coaches,etc). It's time for a reformation.

It's the 2nd most watched sport in the USA. And is growing. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How did I lie when you referenced tbe Andy Staples story (national publication) and “picking the story up” denotes the present day.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2018/11/28/auburn-gus-malzahn-contract-buyout-mailbag

There are others though. 

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/11/24/18101728/gus-malzahn-auburn-hot-seat?__twitter_impression=true

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2018/11/28/auburn-football-gus-malzahn-reduced-buyout?__twitter_impression=true

And plenty of national football writers chirping on Twitter. Like I said this is an ongoing thing and an embarrassment and can only get worse if we dont put it down.

sbnation and daileycaller? Come on. Dat damn twitter. :rollin:

Folks need to realize this is fluid. None of the parties involved are going to state anything publicly at this point because it could sway the final decision away from what they want, like a coach being asked if some school is hiring him before the other coach is even fired. Football season is over. We will play in some crap bowl. Plenty of time to complete what ever the present discussion is about. I am sure Gus’s bosses are not happy with the outcome of the year. Makes a lot of folks that were involved in the contract last year look embarrassing. It makes Gus look embarrassing after holding AU hostage before the SECCG last year to force a crazy  contract. I would be ashamed of myself pushing for top 5 pay only to return a 7-5 season. Maybe that’s why he is considering accepting the new deal. One thing I can bet you about, in the final version will not revel what actually went on and who offered what and what was negotiated. So don’t be surprised when the news finally comes out.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's the 2nd most watched sport in the USA. And is growing. 

*College football as we know it.

There you go. 

sbnation and daileycaller? Come on. Dat damn twitter. :rollin:

Yes, and SI. So point out the lie. 

Bet you can’t. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yes, and SI. So point out the lie. 

Bet you can’t. 

A mailbag mention on SI? That is the national media picking up the story? Thought that was a fan asking a question? Do you know what picking up a story means? 

15 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I just have to say..

This thread > 2018 Auburn Football Season

:popcorn:

The truth. AUFamily hasn't been this fun in a minute. Just wait for the 2019 starting qb debates

A mailbag mention on SI? That is the national media picking up the story? Thought that was a fan asking a question? Do you know what picking up a story means? 

Are we really going to debate what “picking up a story” means? Im sorry that you’re that miserable. A SI writer dished on the subject which made the story picked up. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

College football has been changing since it's beginning. 

Thank you captain obvious. 

A yahoo piece:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/tommy-tuberville-dont-know-anyone-wants-get-mess-auburn-212735342.html

Please WDE: continue with the mental jumping jacks.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

jeff and his Twitter sources vs our insiders is turning out to be quite entertaining.

I’m just trying to keep it 💯 for my Twitter sources. 

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The truth. AUFamily hasn't been this fun in a minute. Just wait for the 2019 starting qb debates

Especially if Auburn DOES have a new HC!!

4 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Does anybody interested in sports or following sports actually read SI anymore, except when you are in a doctor's waiting room?

Lol only in tbe doctor’s waiting room and when sifting through the swimsuit edition online. 

53 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If AU were to pay the buyout both of these individuals would be pretty much neutered.  Leath would be gone before the end of next year and Harbert's power and influence on the BOT would be pretty much gone. So here we are. Best case scenario would be for Gus to get another job. 

I said yesterday that this wasn't being picked up on by the national outlets. More of internal infighting being picked up on by smaller outlets, regional if you will.

But, regardless of its size, the twitter and message board chatter have been off the charts, and recruits and players read it. Twice now there have been articles out saying Gus has had to reassure recruits and their parents that he'll be here, so...... any idea when the fat cats at the top will come to a decision? It'd be nice to quiet all this down and let everyone get back to the regular b*itching about Gus lol.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Lol only in tbe doctor’s waiting room and when sifting through the swimsuit edition online. 

Swimsuit issue. Cheryl Tiegs and Christine Brinkley

I'm dating myself, but man were they hawt. 

12 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Does anybody interested in sports or following sports actually read SI anymore, except when you are in a doctor's waiting room?

Jeff is the only one I know of. He loves him some Andy Staples. 

Archived