Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Leath is trying to save face. ADAG wants Gus gone. Period.  Leath will look even more incompetent than he does if he fires a coach he just gave an absurd extention after 1 year.  He is trying to remain hirable after he is let go next year.

ADAG has no power because of the buyout amount. Leath and the BOT have to make that financial decision. If it were as easy as ADAG saying yes or no, Steele would've been the interim after the UTk loss.

Leath and Harbert made this mess. Harbert guaranteed the buyout when they were negotiating last fall.  Both men are trying to preserve their positions.  ADAG has told them what he wants and, because of the contract, and who is responsible for it, they have taken control of the process.

Blaming Greene is ridiculous.  He is the best administrative hire by AU in a long time.  He is getting a lot of support from AU and non-AU people. He is highly respected and will do great things for AU. This isn't his mess and he is doing what he needs to do.

Thanks for the clarification Bird. 

Do we know who made Greene publicly support Gus 3 weeks ago when he backed Gus pretty strongly? 

"He'll be the coach next year, I'm confident that he's going to - he's already proven that we can get through adversity.  Every team has it, and I'm looking forward to working with him for a long time.  He's the coach of the future."   

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I remember that thread. Lache was the one that got away. There was a time when Lattimore, Lache, and Mike Dyer were going to all come to AU. 3 years later we have The Mason doing better than all 3. Ha

Didn't Lattimore help SC to 3 straight 10 win seasons? Pretty darn good for them. Trey did have an outstanding 2013 and SHOULD have put the bow on  an FSU game victory if it wasn't for the crappy defense.

Just now, fredst said:

Because there were just as many people with just as little knowledge posting constantly then as now, just over a longer period of time, lol

And because Lache was so highly rated & passionate about wanting to come to AU. So passionate it actually had a net negative effect on the recruiting trail that class.

Just now, fredst said:

Because there were just as many people with just as little knowledge posting constantly then as now, just over a longer period of time, lol

Makes sense

Just now, ellitor said:

And because Lache was so highly rated & passionate about wanting to come to AU. So passionate it actually had a net negative effect on the recruiting trail that class.

Looked up his career at Baylor... what an interesting kid

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Didn't Lattimore help SC to 3 straight 10 win seasons? Pretty darn good for them. Trey did have an outstanding 2013 and SHOULD have put the nail in the FSU game coffin if it wasn't for the crappy defense.

Yeah Lattimore was pretty good. Dyer and Lache we're streaky as best. 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Do we know who made Greene publicly support Gus 3 weeks ago when he backed Gus pretty strongly? 

As has been said or implied many times the past few days. ADAG is just following Leath's lead right now on Gus as he has to.

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

ah but it remains to be seen how long this drama stretches out!

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Either call a press conference, address some rumors, and forcefully back him, or fire him. Stop the PR circus. Lot of problems could be avoided just by doing this. 

You want Greene to call a press conference, address rumors, or forcefully back Gus - against his boss's wishes mind you - to show he's not MIA?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

You want Greene to call a press conference, address rumors, or forcefully back Gus - against his boss's wishes mind you - to show he's not MIA?

A number of posters have already ridiculed that post FWIW.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

If the boss wants to keep Gus anyway, I don’t see what the problem is in putting the speculation to bed. A typed up Auburn spokesman response isn’t doing any good. 

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Better question for the AE elder statesmen of the board @bigbird & @augolf1716.

AE was pretty cool for an early Internet-era AU football news/message board. I was a paying member for awhile.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm in catch up mode admittedly.

Yea hard to have a real life with all this to keep up with lol

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If the boss wants to keep Gus anyway, I don’t see what the problem is in putting the speculation to bed. A typed up Auburn spokesman response isn’t doing any good. 

Maybe the decision hasn't been made??

6 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

paying member for awhile.

Who swindled you to pay for something that was free?

Biiiird?!?!?! You got some splainin to do.

Everyone seems to want a comment from  Auburn on this situation, but when they said yesterday that Malzahn's "staus has not changed" since both Greene and Leath said he would be back next year and was Auburn's Coach "for the future" nobody wants to believe them.  Maybe there is nothing to this this and Gus is just out recruiting and the president and AD are off doing their respective jobs.  

I would imagine if a rival wanted to hurt our recruiting, they would spread a rumor that Gus is being fired.  If that's the case, then when he gets a statement from the AD that he will be back - maybe you start a rumor that his contract is being redone so it will be easier to fire him next year.

I respect reporters, and know they have a difficult job at times.  My oldest son covered sports in the Nashville area for years.  I also remember the "solid" reports that Vince Dooley had accepted the Auburn job after the 1980 season, the reports that Pat Dye was going to Texas and revive the wishbone in the mid 80's.  More recently we had all the "dirt" on Cam that wasn't and the "reliable" reports of Saban's wife house shopping in Austin.

I don't know what's going on - and odds are you don't either.  I'm just hoping recruits don't read this board.

Relax, Auburn has survived worse rumors than these, and it will survive even if some of these rumors are true.

Take a deep breath and watch a little basketball - it might just make you forget the rumor mill for an hour or two.

3 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Yea hard to have a real life with all this to keep up with lol

Especially when you're a Mod like Titan who has to monitor or deal with crazy stuff in the forums & try to keep it from being to crazy.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That isn't the question I asked.  I think it's fairly obvious that what Leach wants right now is to not say anything more than he feels he has to.  But what you're suggesting, whether you realize it or not, is that Greene go rogue on his boss and hold a presser about it anyway to prove he's not "MIA."  

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

Maybe the decision hasn't been made??

Maybe it hasn’t. Maybe it has. If it has, its high time for the speculation to quiet down. The AD can’t go over his boss, )and I’ve criticized Leath enough already) but a strong response one way or another can settle things down. If a decision hasn’t been made, then I doubt Greene is even involved.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Especially when you're a Mod like Titan who has to monitor or deal with crazy stuff in the forums & try to keep it from being to crazy.

Didn't realize you weren't a mod until the other day E! Never really look at people's "titles" below their names lol.

Archived