***Early NSD Discussion Thread***

ellitor

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I show this tweet only because I thought beforehand he can be the next Fairley for Auburn. I think he ends up being a DT.

I added this from another article:

247 Evaluation:Big-bodied edge defender with a powerful lower half. Operates primarily on the edge in high school both with a hand down and as a stand-up pass rusher. Fast, twitchy athlete that runs well in pursuit and downfield. Plays fast and arrives at the football aggressively. Has some healthy recklessness to his game. Very raw in terms of hand usage and pad level. Plays very upright. An upside prospect that needs to be reigned in and polished up but will develop into an impact Power Five starter that projects as an early round NFL Draft pick.

Not saying he won't get it fixed, but pad level is one of the tougher things to get fixed for some players. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Not saying he won't get it fixed, but pad level is one of the tougher things to get fixed for some players. 

I agree and one of the things I couldn’t get fixed. All depends on tbe hips and flexibility. My coach used to make me fire under the chutes all damn day even to the point where he made me take my helmet off. If I went high, it hurt. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I agree and one of the things I couldn’t get fixed. All depends on tbe hips and flexibility. My coach used to make me fire under the chutes all damn day even to the point where he made me take my helmet off. If I went high, it hurt. 

We had a kid do that a few years ago and gave himself a concussion.  It was really hard not to laugh as it happened.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We had a kid do that a few years ago and gave himself a concussion.  It was really hard not to laugh as it happened.

That’s hilarious. I mostly scraped the top of my noggin. Did you give medical attention:

D2WwZBX.gif

Edited by aujeff11
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

He is?!  Well I feel like a doofus.  I still stand by my original statement.

Put him in the camp of media personalities that feel like they have to go against AU to be respected nationally.  Like the anti-Danny Kanell

In my dream finish, we land Putnam tomorrow to compete the early signing period.

After that, hold onto Pickens. Then, give me MAR, Bell, Olaseni, Moore, Cox, and Brothers. Finish with a GT at OT and call it a monster class.

As for the current team, I'd rather move Moultry back to MLB. I think he has the athleticism for it, and I think Jibunor is the better quick twitch guy off the edge. I'd also like to see Davidson/Coe return. Shift Davidson inside to DT and start Coe/Bryant on the edges.

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

In my dream finish, we land Putnam tomorrow to compete the early signing period.

After that, hold onto Pickens. Then, give me MAR, Bell, Olaseni, Moore, Cox, and Brothers. Finish with a GT at OT and call it a monster class.

As for the current team, I'd rather move Moultry back to MLB. I think he has the athleticism for it, and I think Jibunor is the better quick twitch guy off the edge. I'd also like to see Davidson/Coe return. Shift Davidson inside to DT and start Coe/Bryant on the edges.

I have no idea if we are really in the running for Jones but if we are I would be happy with him or Olaseni or both if we miss on one of the others we have to save a Pick for a GT OT as we will need it badly if Tega doesn't return and even more so if Tega and Ashley are both gone. Everything I have heard lately is Tega is going to try the NFL.

�YESSSSSSSSIRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE KEEP ON ROLLING BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH favorite player in this class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a great day. WAR DAMN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

WR 👀

Just glad we finally told him what position he would play. I am sure it is one of those wink wink kind of things where after a week of practice they will move him to the DB room.

Well, give credit where it’s due . Think Gus and staff did a great job keeping this class together so far with season and negative publicity lately. Had a bad feeling about today , but pleasantly surprised!!

Edited by bmartin3228
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

In case people don’t know, CA is expecting a baby. I’m not sure if that’s why he’s MIA, but def. has that going on. I think she’s due soonish. 

Nothing lights a fire under your rear like having a kid and the reality of providing for it.   hope that motivates him to get alot better soon. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:
8 hours ago, AUDub said:

BABY SHARK DOODOODOODOODOODOO

Buddy, I've got a secret to share. I like that song.

I actually only recently learned the grandparent lyrics and movements and I about fell out of my chair laughing

Y'all like that, look up the Wonky Donky song...

This is a good class even if no one else is added and after the negative recruiting from media and other coaches and the fan base meltdown  , I can’t believe we didn’t lose anyone and gained two very good prospects. Ok Gus next step lead this team to a double digit beat down of Purdue. War Eagle!

• Like 3

I'm not sure how this is going to be a great class, one of the best, according to Gus.  We signed six 3* and one 5*. We signed two OL, one DL, one RB and one LB.  All are positions of need.  Thoughts?

• Like 1