***Early NSD Discussion Thread***

ellitor

https://247sports.com/Coach/Marcus-Woodson-2219/  https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeCoachRankings/

Woodson up to 25 in the top recruiters rankings for this class. Garner is at 7. No other Tiger coach is in the top 100. Both of them did the major heavy lifting for this class. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN to the OG and the New Kid on the block. Killing it.

Edited by GwillMac6

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

HUUUUUUGE news about Calvin Ashley. Auburn NEEDS offensive linemen right now. Need to "recruit" him again if we can...... 

You never know. Dude might go spend a month in the mountains at Sensei Mud's Monastery for Badasses and come back down reborn in the ways of Zen Fu. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

HUUUUUUGE news about Calvin Ashley. Auburn NEEDS offensive linemen right now. Need to "recruit" him again if we can...... 

SO TRUE! Marcello has been saying for awhile he did not expect him back.

If Hall or Jubinor move to LB, I feel much better about only having to get 1 more LB. Feel like we get Cox and Moore. So with those 2 DL and 1 LB (Brothers/Russel), we’d have 4 spots left? 3 OTs/OGs total (Putnam, Bell, GT OT???), 1 RB (MAR/Griffin), and 1 receiver (only because Gus just said he wanted another receiver)(also wonder if they’d just move Sheffield over there and try to get the DB Hampton)? 

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

In case people don’t know, CA is expecting a baby. I’m not sure if that’s why he’s MIA, but def. has that going on. I think she’s due soonish. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

If Hall or Jubinor move to LB, I feel much better about only having to get 1 more LB. 

I'd move Jibunor.

• Like 1

a chucky doll?!?!? where have we seen this before?! Expect this dude to transfer to maryland in a few years....... lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I'd move Jibunor.

I felt when we recruited him that that’s where he’d end up. Heck, he may could play anywhere on the defensive side and be solid. He was my favorite player from last years class. I remember there being talk of him being at DL, LB, and S. 

Just now, AidiAU said:

In case people don’t know, CA is expecting a baby. I’m not sure if that’s why he’s MIA, but def. has that going on. I think she’s due soonish. 

Excellent intel. I saw your brother in a pic with Taulia at some rewards thing. I’m glad to see your brother get some fame and recognition because he is a cool dude. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I felt when we recruited him that that’s where he’d end up. Heck, he may could play anywhere on the defensive side and be solid. He was my favorite player from last years class. I remember there being talk of him being at DL, LB, and S. 

One of the more athletic ones we've signed 

Counting Sheffield we have 16 signed commits.

Late Signing: 

Picken's is committed need to hold him.

Players I think are on the board - There could be players I have not heard mentioned

Moore - DL - I think we will sign him

Maurice Hampton  - DB 

Cox - DL 

Octavius Brothers - LB

Chris Russell - LB

Putnam - OL- I am hoping bad day FSU had will help us here

Bell - OL - I think we will sign him

Olaseni - OL OT

Jones  - OL OT

MAR - RB - I think we will sign him

Griffin - RB Assuming we sign MAR he won't be a take.

We need at least one of the LB's preferably both or some other equally good LB

Even if we get Olaseni or Jones or both we probably need a GT OT  for immediate help next year. 

D-Line and DB have been great classes

RB if we get MAR or Griffin will be a great class

QB great class we got Nix

WR - Hold Pickens and with Johnson great class - with a ton of very good experienced players already on the roster

TE -  Fromm and Deal would be great class but with Deal ACL is a good class as we need both next year. 

LB one great LB depends on who else we get before we can rate this class

O-Line depends on who else we get before we can rate this class. 

31 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

DL class has the potential to turn monster. Now have Derrick Hall, Jaren Handy, and Colby Wooden all committed. Pull in Charles Moore, and you're looking at a huge class for CRG

If we sign Moore do we still take Cox.

I show this tweet only because I thought beforehand he can be the next Fairley for Auburn. I think he ends up being a DT.

I added this from another article:

247 Evaluation:Big-bodied edge defender with a powerful lower half. Operates primarily on the edge in high school both with a hand down and as a stand-up pass rusher. Fast, twitchy athlete that runs well in pursuit and downfield. Plays fast and arrives at the football aggressively. Has some healthy recklessness to his game. Very raw in terms of hand usage and pad level. Plays very upright. An upside prospect that needs to be reigned in and polished up but will develop into an impact Power Five starter that projects as an early round NFL Draft pick.

• Like 1