***Early NSD Discussion Thread***

ellitor

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I'm not sure how this is going to be a great class, one of the best, according to Gus.  We signed six 3* and one 5*. We signed two OL, one DL, one RB and one LB.  All are positions of need.  Thoughts?

I feel like we signed more than one DL. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I'm not sure how this is going to be a great class, one of the best, according to Gus.  We signed six 3* and one 5*. We signed two OL, one DL, one RB and one LB.  All are positions of need.  Thoughts?

he has 7 spots to work with, you could add two more OLs, two DLmen (I feel like we have more than one), and two more LBs if you so chose. 

So we kept everyone and gained one non-committed player. The few we “lost out on” weren’t really within reach today anyways.

pretty damn good day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

THE MAN

I would say that's my girl, but she calls herself the Man. Geez I may be as confused as she is lol

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Plus Bo. 

Also, given the negatives swirling around, I'm thinking we kicked butt. 

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So we kept everyone and gained one non-committed player. The few we “lost out on” weren’t really within reach today anyways.

pretty damn good day

My thoughts as well. It went as scripted really. 

• Like 2

We have 16 signees right now and Gus says we might use all 25 spots this year.  Who do we want to make this class “special?”

-Pickens

-Putnam

-Bamidele

-Kamar Bell

-MAR

-Maurice Hampton (huge want)

-Charles Moore

-Octavious Brothers

- GT or Fuller or other

This is obviously best case scenario, so who do we really need if we can only land a handful?

maybe some jucos and grad transfers we don't know about yet....I'd be happy to get a bit more maturity on the OL

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zeek said:

pretty damn good day

I believe we gained two, Hall and Edwards.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We have 16 signees right now and Gus says we might use all 25 spots this year.

Actually, it's 17 signees. One spot was already used for a transfer DB from the B1G. Kid originally from SW Alabama, name escapes me at the moment. So we have 8 slots left available. That's still plenty of wiggle room. I hope we can make the best of it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

ON IT

Since you like the Shark Song, you might enjoy this.  BTW, I recommend this guy's YT channel.  He does amazing metal covers of pretty much.... everything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Actually, it's 17 signees. One spot was already used for a transfer DB from the B1G. Kid originally from SW Alabama, name escapes me at the moment. So we have 8 slots left available. That's still plenty of wiggle room. I hope we can make the best of it.

Holly-Handy I think his last name is?  E said in another thread he is no longer on the roster so I have no idea what that means.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

We only have 15 signed and 1 committed leaving us with 7-9 spots to fill.  Our player avg. is currently 4th.   We have a good chance to have an outstanding class. 

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Wooden, Hall, and Handy were D-Line with good possibility of Moore and Cox.

Got 1 key RB and looking good for MAR

killed it in DB's

Got 1 WR and expect Pickens

Got two TE's

Got the QB we really wanted

1 very good LB but still need at least 1 more and could use 2 

As everybody has said so far not enough O-Line but two we got are good.

We signed 16 today all good players we have 1 commitment. What will make or break this class is what we pick up on the 2nd go round. I am happy with what we have but if we don't do well in 2nd round it will be an ok class at best. From the way insiders have talked I feel good about Moore, Cox, and MAR and keeping Pickens  we would make this a solid class but with some holes to be filled.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

killed it in DB's

Got two TE's

We signed 16 today all good players we have 1 commitment. What will make or break this class is what we pick up on the 2nd go round. I am happy with what we have but if we don't do well in 2nd round it will be an ok class at best. From the way insiders have talked I feel good about Moore, Cox, and MAR and keeping Pickens  we would make this a solid class but with some holes to be filled.

Nice summary! Very, very good start, but we need to hit a few more pieces, especially OLine by NSD to wrap up this class and make it special as Gustav says. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

One spot was already used for a transfer DB from the B1G. Kid originally from SW Alabama, name escapes me at the moment.

Kendarian Hand-Holly never signed anything. He was a potential walk on who wasn't going to go on scholly til some time in 2019. That's when he would have counted against our 25 limit but like a poster said above he is not on the roster. Counting George as a commit for the time being we have the said 8 spots left.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

killed it in DB's

Got two TE's

2 TEs?  Do we know what to do with them?  

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Holly-Handy I think his last name is?  E said in another thread he is no longer on the roster so I have no idea what that means.  

Well that would be a waste of a scholarship lol. 

14 minutes ago, around4ever said:

2 TEs?  Do we know what to do with them?  

Last time we made good use out of good TEs (Lutz & Uzoma(sic)) Gus was openly & unapologetically running the offense, yes? 

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Last time we made good use out of good TEs (Lutz & Uzoma(sic)) was the last time Gus was openly & unapologetically running the offense, yes?

better use not good use they were still under utilized.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well that would be a waste of a scholarship lol. 

Agreed but I don’t think it happened.

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Kendarian Hand-Holly never signed anything. He was a potential walk on who wasn't going to go on scholly til some time in 2019. That's when he would have counted against our 25 limit but like a poster said above he is not on the roster. Counting George as a commit for the time being we have the said 8 spots left.

Very good then. I wasn't particularly thrilled when he came into focus as an Auburn player anyway. I think we'll make better use of the available slot.

I heard the kid gave up football for health reasons. No confirmation from any website though so I brushed it off. If he’s no longer with the team, that might explain it. 

I agree though Mikey. I’d prefer to use it chasing OL help or a transfer. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's when he would have counted against our 25 limit but like a poster said above he is not on the roster.

Don't even remember my user name eh?  I see how it is...

xHK7s9e.jpg

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We have 16 signees right now and Gus says we might use all 25 spots this year.  Who do we want to make this class “special?”

-Pickens

-Putnam

-Bamidele

-Kamar Bell

-MAR

-Maurice Hampton (huge want)

-Charles Moore

-Octavious Brothers

- GT or Fuller or other

This is obviously best case scenario, so who do we really need if we can only land a handful?

one of those is a preferred walk on.  im guessing  he means 25 scholarship players so 26 total?