Raising funds for Lee County families affected by the tornado

AUPHOTO

We (East Alabama News)  have reports that FEMA has denied claims for persons in Lee County, we will donate proceeds so those funds can be distributed to those who need them for the basics, hotel rentals, clothing, used cars whatever those in affected need to get somewhat of normalcy back in their life. 

We will work with local organizations to identify those in need so the funds go to the ones in need.

We had a very successful work day on 3/16/19 with the mini excavator rented with funds from another gofundme and a generous donation from one of the hosts of the two-time award-winning podcast Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard, Conrad Thompson. (Ric Flair's son-in-law)

I Just had a lady email me with her FEMA denial, these are the folks we are going to help. Families will be vetted before funds are given. 

https://www.gofundme.com/LCFEMA

If you can't donate please share on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) 

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

Too little information about the ones who have been denied. Have they denied all people in Lee county so far? This doesn't sound right to me. Glad there's a vetting process. I've lived through 3 tornadoes so I know that there is damage and then there is devastation. Those who lost everything need the most help and they need it quickly. Praying that they get it. 

I have had calls and emails all day about denials, I spent about 45 min on the phone with a lady in one of the hardest hit areas in Beauregard and she told me most if not all on one of the hardest hit roads have been denied, I've been emailed denial letters. One lady was told all she needed was a new roof but after 3 weeks of rain and moisture black mold has formed, she has a child with a severe lung condition! FEMA told her she would be responsible for any mold clean up but he saw none!

Also the average FEMA assistance after the 2011 Tuscaloosa tornado was only $3,545! The maximum grant available through FEMA’s individual assistance program for homeowners and renters who’ve lost homes and property has risen over time from $25,000 to $33,000, but the average amounts received by homeowners is far lower.

Archived