Scandal involving Nike

aujeff11

15 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I doubt anyone believes anything he has to say at this point.

I believe it, but the funniest thing is that he's naive enough to think this will move the needle. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

I believe it, but the funniest thing is that he's naive enough to think this will move the needle. 

Bingo

Nobody gives a damn about this anymore. We just want to see high level basketball.

I don’t know why Nike would be the company to pay HS players when they have all the basketball shoes clout in the world. They have so much clout that they lowballed Steph Curry after the draft and didn’t even get his name right. 

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know why Nike would be the company to pay HS players when they have all the basketball shoes clout in the world. They have so much clout that they lowballed Steph Curry after the draft and didn’t even get his name right. 

To be fair, no one knew Steven Curtain would be as good as he is with the Warriors.

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

To be fair, no one knew Steven Curtain would be as good as he is with the Warriors.

Yeah but nobody knows the star level of HS players like Bol Bol either. When they’re tbe king of basketball, they shouldn’t have to take such risks. 

This is what is had been like:

“In 2007, before he played in his first NBA game, Durant wanted to sign with Nike badly enough that the $60 million contract he signed with the Swoosh was more than $20 million less than what Adidas had offered.”

In another article...

“Under Armour's offer was intended to widen its share of the basketball market, which now stands at less than 1%. By comparison, Nike is estimated to control 96% of that market.”

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah but nobody knows the star level of HS players like Bol Bol either. When they’re tbe king of basketball, they shouldn’t have to take such risks. 

This is what is had been like:

“In 2007, before he played in his first NBA game, Durant wanted to sign with Nike badly enough that the $60 million contract he signed with the Swoosh was more than $20 million less than what Adidas had offered.”

In another article...

“Under Armour's offer was intended to widen its share of the basketball market, which now stands at less than 1%. By comparison, Nike is estimated to control 96% of that market.”

You completely missed my joke...

33 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You completely missed my joke...

Thought it was a typo. If that’s the joke, I indeed missed it. 

16 hours ago, Tiger said:

Bingo

Nobody gives a damn about this anymore. We just want to see high level basketball.

That could be true but how does this s*** improve the quality of basketball that we get to see?.

Bol Bol was just a "product".....a talent to marketed to the highest bidder by some people from the time he was a teenager.....4 HS in four years I read...plus AAU....and adults making money off him all along the way you can bet. 

Avenetti is a sleaze and for a sleaze to be successful he or she usually has to get in the mud with other sleazes.      I expect he knows what he is talking about....and not like Nike is virgin either.  

I hope he and Nike go down.

57 minutes ago, NickFairleyFan90 said:

Thankfully we have UA

:dunno:  keeping my fingers crossed......I doubt any of them are 100% clean...

avenatti is no doubt a sleazebag,con man and criminal, but i just finished reading a big article from yahoo ( i do need a shower now) and this might just be gaining some traction and some interest from the SDNY....stay tuned because,as the article states, "addidas wasn't bidding against themselves"

On 3/27/2019 at 9:05 AM, NickFairleyFan90 said:

Thankfully we have UA

Mark  this quote.

Was just a few years ago we were blaming UA contract for not being able to recruit top prospects.  Shoes were poor quality, didn't fit, didn't provide the proper image, etc.

NFF90 I have thought that for awhile.  Nike is the bammer brand-hate it.  Loved seeing Zion's shoe blow up!  

Like seeing the swimmers in Arena-That's bammer!  We are traditionally a Speedo team.  Turns my stomach.

Archived