Now Trump Wants To Eliminate the ACA - All of It

homersapien

On 3/27/2019 at 10:28 PM, jj3jordan said:

From what I saw it looked like premiums were much higher, deductibles also greatly increased.  The only difference was if you couldn't afford it you got fined. A lot of people lost their plans and were forced into higher cost plans by obamacare.

Those premiums and deductibles were going up regardless. Your costs of insurance go up and BCBS management gets 6 and 7 figure bonuses lol. I posted those on here before. There is also articles in the past on here that show that the costs actually increased at a reduced rate vs what it did with Obama.

Truthfully, long as we keep dumping money into R&D, rely on drugs vs lifestyle changes to treat issues, and have a reactive vs proactive medical system then costs will continue to rise.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:34 PM, jj3jordan said:

Don't know what you did before. Right now no one is talking about restricting pre-existing conditions. What did you have previous to your five year time without insurance? Did you have it before?  Lots of companies covered hbp before the ACA and also depression. I have family members who had both of those. That issue could be remedied by allowing nationwide competition instead of state only access.

Ted Cruz is all about eliminating the pre-existing clause and isn't afraid to admit it. He ran on it against Beto.

Sen. Ted Cruz, who ran for president in 2016 on a platform of repealing “every word” of Obamacare, has signaled his support for the lawsuit. Filed in February, it claims that Congress’ decision to eliminate tax penalties for skirting the federal mandate to carry health insurance should render the entire health care law invalid - pre-existing conditions and all.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Texas-senators-Cornyn-and-Cruz-split-on-rolling-12998324.php

I also had depression when my dad died. Right before I came off my parents and had to find my own. Denial denial and the only places that would insure it was cheaper for me to just pay out of pocket than get insurance.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:18 PM, TitanTiger said:

...with nothing to replace it with that's better.  Lovely.

Lol, yup. Right back where we were for the 2016 election far as health care coverage goes.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, DKW 86 said:

Image result for not gonna say it meme

Sorry, but I missed your point.  Was there one?

(And this is the wrong forum to make such a post at any rate.)

11 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I also had depression when my dad died. Right before I came off my parents and had to find my own. Denial denial and the only places that would insure it was cheaper for me to just pay out of pocket than get insurance.

That post might earn you a mysterious cartoon from David. ;)

Apparently, he thinks such true personal testimonies are worth his ridicule.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:02 PM, homersapien said:

And these conditions were very common - I took an anti-depressant and had borderline high blood pressure which was under control with medication.  The simple fact I took these meds ruled me out.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:48 PM, DKW 86 said:

Image result for not gonna say it meme

I was about to make a very very poisonous remark and deeply hurtful fun of you being on "Anti-depressants." I decided to take the high road and not say a word. That was the point of the cartoon. Obviously just another of the 1,000,001 things that fly over you head.

15 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I was about to make a very very poisonous remark and deeply hurtful fun of you being on "Anti-depressants." I decided to take the high road and not say a word. That was the point of the cartoon. Obviously just another of the 1,000,001 things that fly over you head.

You've said far worse about me.  Go ahead. 

In fact, I welcome your self-revelations.  They say a lot more about you than they do me.

I sincerely hope that the folks on here promoting "Medicare-for-all"  and/or "free" health insurance plans are joking. Do you really want our Federal government, which is already over twenty trillion dollars in debt and hasn't balanced a budget in forever, controlling your health care ? Do you really believe that healthcare, or any other service,  is going to be free ?

2 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

I sincerely hope that the folks on here promoting "Medicare-for-all"  and/or "free" health insurance plans are joking. Do you really want our Federal government, which is already over twenty trillion dollars in debt and hasn't balanced a budget in forever, controlling your health care ? Do you really believe that healthcare, or any other service,  is going to be free ?

Unfortunately they are serious. Scary isn't it.

13 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

No one here has ever advocated that healthcare would be free.  We all understand that it would require a raise in taxes to pay for it.  However, I can tell you from first hand experience that Medicare can't be any worse than what my ex-employer's private insurance offered.  It was some horrendous stuff and has delayed my wife's recovery by literal years due to denials, appeals, etc, all in the hope of them making a buck.  And on top of that, it was still ridiculously expensive.  When I have Dr offices telling me that "oh, this insurance company is notorious for delaying and denying everything", that's a massive problem.

What those of us who do support universal healthcare believe is that it is possible to do well.  There are numerous other developed, democratic countries out there who do it right now.  I believe that we can take the lessons learned and create something useful, even if it's a hybrid option where Medicare is available for everyone, but you aren't required to use it.

14 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

Universal coverage is the issue, not "free" healthcare.  Other countries can do it, even our neighbor to the north.  If they can do it, I think "the greatest country on earth" can do it.

Oh, and Clinton balanced the budget:

He had budget surpluses for fiscal years 1998-2001, the only such years from 1970-2016. Clinton's final four budgets were balanced budgets with surpluses, beginning with the 1997 budget. The ratio of debt held by the public to GDP, a primary measure of U.S. federal debt, fell from 47.8% in 1993 to 33.6% by 2000.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Universal coverage is the issue, not "free" healthcare.  Other countries can do it, even our neighbor to the north.  If they can do it, I think "the greatest country on earth" can do it.

Oh, and Clinton Gingrich balanced the budget:

He had budget surpluses for fiscal years 1998-2001, the only such years from 1970-2016. Clinton's Gingrich's final four budgets were balanced budgets with surpluses, beginning with the 1997 budget. The ratio of debt held by the public to GDP, a primary measure of U.S. federal debt, fell from 47.8% in 1993 to 33.6% by 2000.

FTFY Gingrich ran the HOR back then. WJC has no real input into it and in fact ran his entire 1996 Campaign telling America that a balanced budget was not possible and that the Republicans were liars for even promising that.

Archived