Men vs. North Carolina game thread

WarTiger

I hope Chuma will be ok and will be something he can bounce back from soon. Prayers for the young man.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they said the 97 points Auburn scored is the most ever scored in a tournament game.  I think I heard that right. 

Just now, WarTiger said:

I believe they said the 97 points Auburn scored is the most ever scored in a tournament game.  I think I heard that right. 

if we had hit FT's and layups, it would have been kinda' absurd

Just now, WarTiger said:

Maybe in regulation. Purdue scored 99 last night.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Probably in regulation. Purdue hit 99 last night in OT.

Next stops on the way to the Championship: Kentucky (probably), then Gonzaga (probably).

Talk about a meat grinder 😵

I really didn't think Auburn had a chance to beat North Carolina and never thought we would win much less than winning by double digits. I think Coach Pearl is one hell of a coach and wears his feelings on his sleeve. Our players must really love him as he loves them in return. Great game, now let's win the rest of our games and give bama something to stew about. 

WDE!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Most Auburn has scored in a tournament game. 

8 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I've never seen a NCAAM team that was less about 1 guy than this one. 

Okeke working the mid post was our best answer against zone defense. Was bigger than you think. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

That's the way Jared and JVon looked in the press conference. Sad that they can't enjoy this like they should be. Prayers for Chuma. The brotherhood on this team is special. 

I'm no doctor, but ice on the knee seems like a good thing????  Hopefully just a sprain.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

How far are you behind? Lol

Yeah I obviously forgot I was an hour or so behind real time on my DVR.  But to me it was real time lol.   Great win for AU but Chuma's injury takes all the air out of it for me.  Just sick about it.  I so hope he can get back soon, if not Sunday maybe for the final four after we win.  WDE!

WTF is wrong with this sick @#$%  

What a range of emotions.

I am absolutely stunned, elated, thrilled, by this latest chapter in the journey that has been the 2018-19 season.  We have seen some amazing things from this team, and the highs-and-lows have been extreme. This game, itself, illustrated all of that.  How awful is it that, arguably the biggest victory in AU basketball in the last 20 years has to be tarnished by what happened with Chuma.  

But I also saw things that make me believe that if any team could get over this and be just as dangerous, it's this group of Tigers.

1. These kids are mentally tough. They did not let the emotion of that play deflate them...kept their focus and extended the lead.

2. The way CBP runs the bench 9-10 deep we have the bodies that have the big-game experience.

3. Emotion can take you a long way.  You feed off of it and some crazy things can happen in a short span of games.  And last time I checked it's a 3-game sprint to the end now.

Finally, we have Bruce Pearl.  He's fiery.  He's emotional.  He's animated.  And he's our coach.  And I'm convinced these kids would jump off of a bridge for him.  He just needs to get them to jump over three really, really BIG hurdles. 

They throttled Tennessee twice in 10 days.  They blitzed Kansas, and nearly put 100 on UNC. Call me crazy, but I think he can get them to do just that.

WOW!!!!!!   That was unbelievable!!!!!

War Eagle!!!!  Best team in team history!!!

Bruce is the best college coach in any sport!!!  Deal with it little nicky!

Prayers for Chuma!🙏🙏🙏

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ja morant still trying to be the goat! Rooting for that guy

I love him lol. Murray State only got him because they noticed him while recruiting one of his teammates. 

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You have to think that with Chuma walking on his left leg and only having ice on it, he must be OK?

I would think he's "okay" as in not needing any surgery.  But my guess would be he's not playing the rest of the tournament.

Archived