Three best Auburn players to not win a Heisman

im4aual

Who do you think are the three best Auburn players who did not win the Heisman?

In no particular order mine are : Terry Beasley, Brent Fullwood, and Tracy Rocker.

Honorable mention:  Tucker Frederickson, James Brooks, Ben Tamburello

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Wade Christopher soph, jr, and senior year.

Fullwood, Spikes and Nick Marshall

Good point. Why is there not a Christopher Trophy? 

Brent Fullwood and Terry Beasley. Not sure yet on my third. 

49 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Carnell would be in contention for this if he wouldn't have split time with RonnieB.

....or perhaps Ronnie B. had he not had to share with Caddy...

Tre Mason's latest year was amazing to watch!

I'd say Fullwood but he was only 20th in rushing TD's and 7th or 8th in total rushing yards (with bammer's Bobby Humphrey ahead of him).  Pat Dye "shared the load" or else he may have competed except Vinny Testeverde led in far too many QB categories + Miami was "sexier" than Auburn at that time.

I know this though...there's NOBODY who was more dependable in a big moment,  and that includes Bo.  Bo is Bo...like Cam is Cam, but Fullwood is still probably my favorite all time back besides Bo.

4 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Tre Mason's latest year was amazing to watch!

Vastly underrated nationally.

Yeah I thought Tre Mason too. He had what was at the time the 3rd best rushing yd total in SEC history and topped it off with 500 yds between the SEC and NC games. He was also a touchdown machine scoring in every game except Miss St and finishing with 23! Man that was an exciting season!  

14 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Fullwood is still probably my favorite all time back besides Bo.

To quote Coach Dyes' mumble. " As great as Bo is, ain't a helluva of lota drop-off when Brent's in the game."

22 hours ago, im4aual said:

Who do you think are the three best Auburn players who did not win the Heisman?

In no particular order mine are : Terry Beasley, Brent Fullwood, and Tracy Rocker.

Honorable mention:  Tucker Frederickson, James Brooks, Ben Tamburello

Lawyer Tillman, zeke smith, james brooks

Fullwood 

Mason

Rocker 

I know Tracy wouldn’t have won because of his position but if we are using the word “best” as indicated in the op, no way I could leave him out. Brent and Tre were obviously and rightfully so true contenders. 

25 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Fullwood 

Mason

Rocker 

I know Tracy wouldn’t have won because of his position but if we are using the word “best” as indicated in the op, no way I could leave him out. Brent and Tre were obviously and rightfully so true contenders. 

I would have to agree with this post :cheers:

D.  Craig accounted for something like 80% of the offensive production his senior year and it showed the next season.  

Frank Sanders and maybe even Nix if Auburn can beat UGA and Bama to end the year in 94.  

Tre Mason 2013

3 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Fullwood 

Mason

Rocker 

These would be my 3 as well.  

Tucker Fredrickson and Terry Beasley were before my time.  

14 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Fullwood 

Mason

Rocker 

I've been tempted to use the same argument for some of our kickers. Going at least as far back as Scott Etheridge, we could claim K(icker)U if that was something that anybody would claim. Etheridge, Daniel, Duval, Vaughn (amazing how much that one game- in which the other team's kicker also missed a couple- damaged what should have been a really strong legacy), Byrum, Clark, Parkey, Carlson... Anyway. I won't try to tell anybody that they were next in line after the guys who won it, but I will take the opportunity to sing their praises and be grateful for our good fortune. 

Fun thread, @im4aual. These are always good for challenging our recency bias. 

Archived