Would you feel different if we had beaten FSU in 2013?

gr82b4au

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

There are really two games I would consider a choke job.FSU 2013 and LSU 2017. Both games very winnable . But it happens. 

We were very close to having our foot on their necks. Have to give credit to Jimbo though. He called a fake punt which maneuvered his team out of our lethal grasp. 

2017 LSU was something else to behold. We went from making big plays to completely bogging down like a poulan pro in the wet Amazon. The points differential was not as great as FSU’s but it was doubly apparent we played and coached like we were wanting to stand in our way the rest of the game. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We were very close to having our foot on their necks. Have to give credit to Jimbo though. He called a fake punt which maneuvered his team out of our lethal grasp. 

2017 LSU was something else to behold. We went from making big plays to completely bogging down like a poulan pro in the wet Amazon. The points differential was not as great as FSU’s but it was doubly apparent we played and coached like we were wanting to stand in our way the rest of the game. 

I was at that game and I screamed at my gf “watch a fake is coming.” Sure enough there it came. To me defining moment in shift for momentum. Reminds me of OU scribbing that kick against UGA and allowing them to get a FG right before half. 

But again, FSU also had the best player in the nation and a championship pedigree. It just sucks to be so close to a win. Special teams were also horrid in that game , but a whole different convo. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

How is a one score game at the half a choke job? 

To me, it depends on how we lost it, not just the point differential.

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We lost miserably but that doesnt qualify as a chokejob which is what was said. 

And I basically said as much regarding 2017 LSU 😂

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

"Hey Brent, you hear that?"
"Sure did, Dabo. What about you, Ed?"
"Garble rubble grrrrr"
*laughter*

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We lost miserably but that doesnt qualify as a chokejob which is what was said. 

And I basically said as much regarding 2017 LSU 😂

Despite the score, UGA 2016 was a complete choke job. So was Clemson 2017. 

Missing a 2ft putt to win is just as much of a choke as losing a 6 stroke lead with 8 to play.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I was at that game and I screamed at my gf “watch a fake is coming.” Sure enough there it came. 

So.... You blamed HER did you?

.... just kidding...just kidding....

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Missing a 2ft putt to win is just as much of a choke as losing a 6 stroke lead with 8 to play.

Agreed. Every game counts. If you lose a game you shouldn't have, you choked. 

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Apples to oranges comparison to what actually happened. lol at you again. 

We had no quarterback and a gimpy Pettway and both teams were miserably sloppy all game. 

If that loss is a “choke job,” the neutered down meaning renders the distinction irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. Every game counts. If you lose a game you shouldn't have, you choked. 

Such strong language from the bleeding heart of the board. Did we choke against Virginia?

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I think everyone watching the game except for the Auburn coaching staff was expecting a fake punt. Perhaps because it was FSU, and many of us recall the days of Bobby Bowden who often pulled trick plays.

My complaint is we did not defensively anticipate FSU's halftime adjustments. They went to short drop, quick passing game mainly over the middle.

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Agree with you here. We had one play that was lucky. But even that play was only necessary because of some bad luck on the other end when Aaron Murray did not actually scored that touchdown.

The thing about the "Miracle in Jordan Hare" 2013 UGA game was earlier Ricardo Louis ran into somebody in the backfield, causing us to have to punt.

There was plenty of bad luck in the game on Auburn's side to go with the good luck, and plenty of good luck on the UGA side to go with their bad luck.

In sports, a choke is the failure of a sportsperson or team in a game in a situation where maintaining their performance is highly important. This can occur in a game or tournament that they are strongly favored to win, or in an instance where they have a large lead that they squander in the late stages of the event.

....This actually crosses out Tennessee and Georgia. 

40 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Apples to oranges comparison to what actually happened. lol at you again. 

Can you honestly not extrapolate the similarities?  

Being contrary for contrary sake leads to you looking foolish. There's no wonder you and Mikey's opinion are so similar. Time to take your meds again, jeffy

If you're in a position to win and can't get out of your own way and give the game away, it's a choke job. No matter the score.  

117 yards, 5QBs, 17 straight dives, almost zero passes after the starting QB goes down...those are all examples of us choking the game away. Period.

Word gymnastics and semantics don't bolster an argument.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Being contrary for contrary sake leads to you looking foolish.

I mean it’s my genuine opinion. Do you think you have a monopoly on those or something? And it’s backed up by the actual definition but you think I’m the one looking foolish? And on that note:

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There's no wonder you and Mikey's opinion are so similar. Time to take your meds again, jeffy

Just terrible 

FSU had come back on several teams that year so that wasn’t as surprising as the LSU game.  

2017 LSU, 2014 TaMu May be two of the hardest games I’ve watched under Gus.  

Miracle in Jordan Hare should have never required a miracle so it was almost a choke job.  That was not a good UGA team in 2013.

117 yards, 5QBs, 17 straight dives, almost zero passes after the starting QB goes down...those are all examples of us choking the game away. Period.

What it boils down to is you’re too lazy to find the more apt description to describe these otherwise miserable losses. Our starting QB was beyond hurt and no replacement.  No Pettway. It makes sense if you ask me. It’s not like we were playing exceptionally well when we had the lead against Georgia l. 

Let me ask this, jeffy

If Guy sinks the 1st two free throws and misses the 3rd, did he choke?

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It makes sense if you ask me. 

Well, that's the problem then. You think being unprepared and pissing away golden opportunities makes sense. Glad to know.

Just now, bigbird said:

If Guy sinks the 1st two free throws and misses the 3rd, did he choke?

Judging by Brown’s antics, he would think so.

Yes. That’s where “maintenance of performance” comes in . 

How does playing miserable all game to the tune of our hurt QB passing for like 27 yards compare to missing victory clinching putts and FTs?

Being in that position usually means you played well up to that point.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well, that's the problem then. You think being unprepared and pissing away golden opportunities makes sense. Glad to know.

Move them goal posts big boy

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Judging by Brown’s antics, he would think so.

Yes. That’s where “maintenance of performance” comes in . 

How does playing miserable all game to the tune of our hurt QB passing for like 27 yards compare to missing victory clinching putts and FTs?

Being in that position usually means you played well up to that point.

Were we leading? Were we out playing them to that point? To me, that would fulfil your definition of “maintenance of performance”.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Move them goal posts big boy

You asked for the more apt description. I gave it.

Miss the kick, jeffy

Were we leading?

Sure by one score at halftime. lololol 

You got me!!!! Hoooray

Were we out playing them to that point?

Nope

Archived