Would you feel different if we had beaten FSU in 2013?

gr82b4au

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Sure by one score at halftime. lololol 

You got me!!!! Hoooray

Nope

So leading...but we lost...so we didn't maintain our performance...so we choked. Yeah Jeffy, I'd say I got you.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You asked for the more apt description. I gave it.

Miss the kick, jeffy

Somehow you used a position of being unprepared prior to the game to justify your position of why we choked. 

You need a map or something? 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Somehow you used a position of being unprepared prior to the game to justify your position of why we choked. 

You need a map or something? 

You have heard of adjustments,right? You do know that they regularly occur in-game, right?  We didn't adjust causing us not to be able to maintain our performance...we choked.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

So leading...but we lost...so we didn't maintain our performance...so we choked. Yeah Jeffy, I'd say I got you.

In English for the whole post. Not just the last sentence please. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You have heard of adjustments,right? You do know that they regularly occur in-game, right?  We didn't adjust causing us not to be able to maintain our performance...we choked.

We never even got our performance up to where it should be maintained. 

Ahout that map.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

In English for the whole post. Not just the last sentence please. 

"...It's called reading-top to bottom-left to right-group words together into sentences-take tylenol for any headaches-midol for any cramps."

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We never even got our performance up to where it should be maintained. 

Ahout that map.

Were we leading?

About that comprehension.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, gr82b4au said:

There are sooo many posts on every Auburn board just bashing our head coach, especially now that the baseball and basketball team are enjoying so much success. Even though he engineered the most remarkable comeback season in NCAA history and coached us to the title game in 2013, I feel like that one game changed everything for Gus. If he wins that one game (where we were ahead by 2tds+), I feel like nobody is giving him the amount of grief that he gets these days. He would be recognized as a national championship head coach. 

** Granted, we fired Chiz in 2012 for utter misery 2 years after a national title, but our program was in the gutter at that point. We did not win an SEC game and were beaten by 45 points in just about every game. **

If your child is an A student in the 7th Grade as a 13YO are you ok with your child being a high D low C student as an 18 YO Senior?  Keep in mind, even though you are 100% against it, your wife still gives little Johnny a ridiculous $100 per every passing grade.  All the other kids are getting $100 for every A they make.  Their parents dang sure ain't paying their kids $100 for every C.

What happened in his first year in 2013 does not change what has taken place.  It did not matter that Tatter Tot set the world on fire right out of the gate.  It did not matter when Chizik won the Natty in 2010.  

You can go through life being mediocre with splashes of greatness and people will not have a problem with it.  You can't however be highly compensated with an Introvert personality and have the same results.  Saban does not have to be nice or welcoming to the public.  His results allow that.  He came to kick your arse and chew gum.  He is out of gum.  Gus has plenty of gum.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Were we leading?

About that comprehension.

We scored 7 points all game. 

Turrible 

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We scored 7 points all game. 

Turrible 

You're right, it was turrible. It wasn't as turrible as the inability to adjust and giving the game away.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're right, it was turrible. It wasn't as turrible as the inability to adjust and giving the game away.

giphy.gif

Haha, clown

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

giphy.gif

Haha, clown

Image result for hard headed meme

Jeff if you ain't nothing else you are a hard headed fella for sure.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Missing a 2ft putt to win is just as much of a choke as losing a 6 stroke lead with 8 to play.

No its not losing a 6 stroke lead is a massive choke job. Missing a 2 ft putt can just happen. Happen to me twice but I have made more 2 ft putts to win or tie then I can count. Now if you have missed a number of 2 ft putts to win then you are one big mess of a choke job.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

No its not losing a 6 stroke lead is a massive choke job. Missing a 2 ft putt can just happen. Happen to me twice but I have made more 2 ft putts to win or tie then I can count. Now if you have missed a number of 2 ft putts to win then you are one big mess of a choke job.

Yeah, although I could see both scenarios being labeled as "chokes". Mistakes happen, but in my opinion a choke is when you let one mistake spiral out of control. See Rory McIlroy at Augusta in 2011. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, although I could see both scenarios being labeled as "chokes". Mistakes happen, but in my opinion a choke is when you let one mistake spiral out of control. See Rory McIlroy at Augusta in 2011. 

Also Greg Norman at Augusta in 96 which actually was a 6 stroke lead choke. it was awful to watch 

10 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Image result for hard headed meme

Jeff if you ain't nothing else you are a hard headed fella for sure.

It doesn’t matter if I’m hard headed I tried to tell him there was more of an apt description available. I gave the definition and he gave irrelevant points about being prepared and in game adjustments ( like we could’ve adjusted in game for not having a QB or a running game worth a damn.)

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Also Greg Norman at Augusta in 96 which actually was a 6 stroke lead...................

Forgot about that. Norman's was worse. 

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I used to always miss 2' putts.  Was that me choking or did I just suck?  :rimshot:

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Now if you have missed a number of 2 ft putts to win then you are one big mess of a choke job.

What if you miss a number of 2 ft putts in one round of golf? Because, without thinking about it too much, that might be a great analogy for Gus. 

If you blow a lead that should be comfortable enough for you to seal the deal that is choking IMO.

Same for if you play an inferior opponent and lose. Like Tubs vs Arkansas. Or Tubs vs UGA in Brandon Cox's sophomore season, etc.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What if you miss a number of 2 ft putts in one round of golf? 

Then you need to get your ass on a putting green :poke:

golf fail GIF

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

What if you miss a number of 2 ft putts in one round of golf? Because, without thinking about it too much, that might be a great analogy for Gus. 

The football version of the yips? Reminds me of Les' Miles clock management when he was at LSU

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

The football version of the yips? Reminds me of Les' Miles clock management when he was at LSU

I don't know if Gus merely has the yips, or if he's been Munsoned. 

Archived