2020 3*Juco OT Kilian Zierer Commits to AU!

ellitor

6 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Change our name to The University of Alabama or Clemson or University of Georgia. I'm convinced most ranking boosts come purely off the backs of who a kid is committed to.

The other solution is rehire the BagMan and let him do his thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

You don't think the results on the field justify the recruiting rankings of the players they have signed?

Do you think our results on the field suggest that the recruiting rankings of our players should have been higher?

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Are you SURE you are American and not Canadian?! All this love lately for other countries makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

canada.gif

ty.gif

43yty.gif

llouiouio.gif

Eh? ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well done. Maybe 2020 wont be such a disaster on the OL after all.

It is looking better but even though the JUCO players look good on paper there is a big jump from JUCO to SEC. I am tickled with these players but I have seen JUCO players not workout in the past so trying to stay level headed until we see these players work out.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2020 Oline should look something like this

Tackles : Troxel, Zierer

Guards, Hamm, Stutts, or Manning

Center:  Brahms

Auburn needs some more tackles as far as back ups but the guards should be solid, Brahms May push for playing time again this year, and Troxel will need to stay healthy.  May not be all doom and gloom in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn needs some more tackles as far as back ups but the guards should be solid, Brahms May push for playing time again this year, and Troxel will need to stay healthy.  May not be all doom and gloom in 2020.

You’re skipping over Cohen and Buskey as tackles

Just now, Sizzle said:

Yeah.  I completely missed the OL thread.  I’m not big into recruiting but things look good.  I have full faith in Ole Grimey to shape these young men into a good unit.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is looking better but even though the JUCO players look good on paper there is a big jump from JUCO to SEC. I am tickled with these players but I have seen JUCO players not workout in the past so trying to stay level headed until we see these players work out.

Especially when the entire OL are jucos and other first time starters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

With Troxell health issues I would look more towards Buskey at OT then Troxell.  Which means only Brahms would have any SEC starts under his belt. It also takes time to build cohesiveness in an O-Line.  Brahms, Hamms, Stutts, Manning, Osborne will have practiced together in spring or previously  before fall practice of the 2020  season but Buskey and Zierer would be new and it takes time to meld an O-line into a unit. Prior to this class I was scared to death of our 2020 Line but with this class I am still scared but have some room for a little optimism. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Keiondre Jones, Justin Osborne, Kamaar Bell, Avery Jernigan, Jalil Irvin.... lots of options for backup OLs...

• Like 2

One of my past complaints ... we need to obliterate some of our lesser opponents and let our backups run the full offense for extended game time.  We need to have some of those guys better repped for 2020.  We’ll have the skill guys that could benefit from good play by guys in this thread.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

One of my past complaints ... we need to obliterate some of our lesser opponents and let our backups run the full offense for extended game time.  We need to have some of those guys better repped for 2020.  We’ll have the skill guys that could benefit from good play by guys in this thread.

Only issue is that we need QB1 to be better repped for the 2nd half of this year. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I agree even though you want a lot of reps for starting players this year especially with O-Line starting 5 Seniors who have played together they don't need as many reps, getting some blowouts against weaker teams and getting  backup O-Line reps is crucial for 2020. Probably the 2020 Interior line will come from players we already have on campus so the more time we can spend finding the two guards and Center (Probably Brahms) and they can work together it will be a smaller but still tough transition in 2010 to 4 new starters (I am counting Brahms as a starter as he has started some games)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Keiondre Jones, Justin Osborne, Kamaar Bell, Avery Jernigan, Jalil Irvin.... lots of options for backup OLs...

All those guys are interior guys except maybe Osborne.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With Troxell health issues I would look more towards Buskey at OT then Troxell.  Which means only Brahms would have any SEC starts under his belt. It also takes time to build cohesiveness in an O-Line.  Brahms, Hamms, Stutts, Manning, Osborne will have practiced together in spring or previously  before fall practice of the 2020  season but Buskey and Zierer would be new and it takes time to meld an O-line into a unit. Prior to this class I was scared to death of our 2020 Line but with this class I am still scared but have some room for a little optimism. 

Good news is next year we have Alcorn game 1 which should allow for some errors

UNC I’m sure will be top 10 under Mack in year 2 with Auburn’s luck

Then maybe LSU, Arkansas, Kentucky, Texas A&M at home or Miss State on the road.

Worst case would be LSU game 3 because you know they’ll have studs up front.  

Other than Moo State the harder road environments won’t be till the end of the season.

• Like 1

Talent is shaping up for 2020 oline. Maybe! Cohesion and experience will take time. Maybe we are turning the corner in Oline recruiting/ management. 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Yes, was referring to OL depth, not just tackles. 

Oh. The post you quoted was talking tackles.

Really Good read here...

Why 2020 commit Kilian Zierer picked Auburn instead of ‘dream school’

Kilian Zierer has only one year of experience on the offensive line, but could be an impact player for Auburn in 2020.

Kilian Zierer has only one year of experience on the offensive line, but could be an impact player for Auburn in 2020.

There was a deal between 2020 JUCO recruit Kilian Zierer and Auburn offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham. The 29-year-old coach had told Zierer on a recruiting visit that he could do “The worm” — a funny looking, but difficult dance move.

But, he said, Zierer would only get to see if it he committed to play for the Tigers. To sweeten the pot, he could even share the video of Dillingham doing the worm on Twitter.

“So I told him on the phone, ‘Yeah coach, you can send me the worm now,’” Zierer told AL.com on Monday night. “... That was the deal.”

At the time, though, it didn’t look as though Zierer would be going to Auburn. The German-born-and-raised football player said UCLA was his dream school. Playing JUCO at the College of the Canyons in California, at the time it seemed like a good fit.

“I said that UCLA was my dream school, which was true," Zierer said. "And I’ve been there on two visits. I was there last year watching two games. I loved it. But Auburn felt better. It’s that simple. ... I felt 100 percent comfortable going to Auburn and I did not with UCLA or TCU.”

Zierer only has one full year of experience on the offensive line, and will have one more year at JUCO to hone in those skills. He readily admits he’s a work in progress, but clearly Auburn felt strongly about getting him. He’s rated as the best offensive tackle in the 2020 JUCO ranks, even though he only started playing football at age 16 in Germany.

One of the big reasons why Auburn went after the 6-7, 290-pound Zierer so strongly was the need for players on the offensive line. He marks the No. 5 OL commit in the 2020 class — and head coach Gus Malzahn said on the last signing day that they’d hope to sign around seven in the 2020 class. Zierer said he’s already become close with fellow commits Avery Jernigan and Tate Johnson.

“The thing is I’m only a three-for-two guy,” Zierer said, referring to his eligibility. “So if they want to recruit me and redshirt and maybe sit out a year, I would not go there. They need tackles right now. ... Right now, I’m coming there to play for two years. ... They talked about how they are in a huge need for linemen.”

Zierer said he was expecting before his visit for there to be more of a culture shock coming to a small town in the deep south. But when he was there, he said, “it did not feel like that, like at all.” The main difference, he said, was the humidity, and the “south-eastern accents.”

So, he decided pretty much on the spot that Auburn would be his destination. Now, he’s going to spend his final season trying to improve. He feels like his fundamentals and mentality is strong. He feels good at pass protecting, and wants to improve at one-on-one run blocks.

“I’ve played one year of offensive line here,” Zierer said. “You’re not perfect after one year.”

Auburn is betting on that improvement, and if Dillingham’s video is any indication, they’re excited to have him.

• Like 3

Any time you take a kid away from his dream school is a great day!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

@ellitorI was just adding onto this one is all! Should've been more clear

Edited by tigerbrotha12

Dilly has done a lot of work on the trail this year. He was a really good pick up.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Really Good read here...

Is he basically saying UCLA was thinking of redshirting him?