2020 3*Juco OT Kilian Zierer Commits to AU!

ellitor

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So we think he's going to be good because he's skinny?

He's not that skinny. Keith says he's around 290 FWIW. Also he was supposedly arguably the best OT in juco before his injury.

He and Coffee are both heavier then what you see on a lot of the sites.  Assuming he is recovered enough we could have 4 possible starting OT's next year. Zierer, Hamm, Coffee, and Troxell.  With Troxell and Zierer coming off major injuries depth at OT could be a big issue so I am hoping for great news in February and we pick up Broderick also.  Plus we a have an outside chance with Buskey if he can get his grades right.

I am tickled with how we have recruited O-Line so far this year but this will be third straight year we will go into season saying O will be bad, ok or great depending on how O-Line develops.  I want us to get to the point that every year we have at least 3 guys who were impact starters the year before.

• Like 1

Add in Brahms' experience and leadership and we just might have us an OL next year and maybe two years since they will all be Juniors I believe.  We just need a little better coaching.

13 hours ago, autan said:

Add in Brahms' experience and leadership and we just might have us an OL next year and maybe two years since they will all be Juniors I believe.  We just need a little better coaching.

Also word is Keiondre Jones & Bro-Hamm are expected to be road graders on the right side as RG & RT respectively. I've seen more than a number of respected AU folk say they were surprised Bro-Hamm in particular didn't get to play more than he did last season.

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Also word is Keiondre Jones & Bro-Hamm are expected to be road graders on the right side as RG & RT respectively. I've seen more than a number of respected AU folk say they were surprised Bro-Hamm in particular didn't get to play more than he did last season.

I know I sure did. Easily should've been ahead of Horton.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I know I sure did. Easily should've been ahead of Horton.

Encouraging.