so the camps are like country clubs huh?

aubiefifty

On 7/1/2019 at 9:58 PM, aubiefifty said:

no she is not. she was not alone. you will find out. funny how you love the biggest liar in america but everyone else is fake news. you just absolutely lost my respect as does sixty. you are  some piece of work...........

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/democrat-congresswoman-contradicts-aoc-says-witnessed-border

Seems that there was an error made by some. The delegation heard stories about the toilet thing and obviously didnt do any real checking it out. Out of the 40 or so in the delegation, only three supported AOC and they empahatically said they did not see it, that it was told them about a brand new detainee that did not understand how the fountain worked. 

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/6/26/house_progressives_vote_against_dhs_funding

One way to cure it. Increase funding...

BTW, the sign says drinkable water in spanish and english, but there are some detainees that sadly cannot read.

Migrant facility toilets

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have some repubs on here and a lot of repukes and for the record they do not care a damn thing about the truth. there are some on here so bad if i was in business or an employer i would not do business with nor hire any of them because they are not trust worthy. i guess trump has made lies the new tide pod challenge. see who can tell the biggest lie and hope to win a sucker at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/democrat-congresswoman-contradicts-aoc-says-witnessed-border

Seems that there was an error made by some. The delegation heard stories about the toilet thing and obviously didnt do any real checking it out. Out of the 40 or som in the delegation, only three supported AOC and theyu empahatically said they did not see it, that it was told them about a brand new detainee that did not understand how the fountain worked. 

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/6/26/house_progressives_vote_against_dhs_funding

One way to cure it. Increase funding...

BTW, the sign says drinkable water in spanish and english, but there are some detainees that sadly cannot read.

Migrant facility toilets

i am always for the truth.

Apparently folks would rather they live in filth and get the political benefits than actually help them.

my honest opinion is a big part of this problem is too many on the right are racist in here. why else would they continue supporting policies and treatment that hurt people of color. i would love for someone to prove me wrong but i do not have high hopes.......

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

my honest opinion is a big part of this problem is too many on the right are racist in here. why else would they continue supporting policies and treatment that hurt people of color. i would love for someone to prove me wrong but i do not have high hopes.......

I for one do not support this. BUT...ICE and CBP are tasked to enforce the laws and regulate our borders for health, DEA, and other reasons. They are tasked with a job in which all they get is hate etc. they are doing their jobs as best they can with the funding allowed.

Why did congress vote to not extend funding?

Better question: What is your answer? Open borders? More funding? Then why did  AOC et al vote against funding? 

Personally, i would have voted for the funding for housing, for medical, for courts, for food, and for hygiene. 

I for one do not support this. BUT...ICE and CBP are tasked to enforce the laws and regulate our borders for health, DEA, and other reasons. They are tasked with a job in which all they get is hate etc. they are doing their jobs as best they can with the funding allowed.

Why did congress vote to not extend funding?

Better question: What is your answer? Open borders? More funding? Then why did  AOC et al vote against funding? 

Personally, i would have voted for the funding for housing, for medical, for courts, for food, and for hygiene. 

i have no answers. i know the facts are the numbers were at a thirty year low when trump took office. and i am not sure if i am for open borders. i think we need to make sure the people coming in love america and bring something to the table. i think we need to try and help these people when we can. what is too much and what is too little? i cannot honestly answer that but if we are going to claim to be a christian nation we need to treat these people better than we are in a lot of circumstances. we are supposed to be the good guys and i wish we would act like it. i am pretty sure there is a decent solution to the situation if we would just seek it out.

30 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

we have some repubs on here and a lot of repukes and for the record they do not care a damn thing about the truth. there are some on here so bad if i was in business or an employer i would not do business with nor hire any of them because they are not trust worthy. i guess trump has made lies the new tide pod challenge. see who can tell the biggest lie and hope to win a sucker at the end of the day.

Fifty, we all look for the truth in here.  We are told half truths from both sides and we try to figure out what is correct.  We will never have the full truth about any issue.  No matter what side of the aisle you’re on you just have to watch what they do, not what they say.

There are liars and hypocrites a plenty on both sides of the immigration debate. One side denying there was a crisis and that the numbers coming across has expanded exponentially the other side saying yes the facilities are overcrowded but they are safe and sanitary. When somebody on the left is caught bending the truth Fox news hits them up when somebody on the right bends the truth MSNBC and CNN hit them up.  It would be nice when somebody on the left is caught bending the truth that Fox,  MSNBC and CNN called them out on it as did other people on both right and left and the same thing happens when somebody on the right bends the truth.

It is time to quit blaming the other side except the fact that both sides are complicit in this debacle and sit down like adults instead of little kids on the playground and work together to resolve it. Every country has a right to limit who enters and who does not. We need clear, concise Asylum laws, we need to deal with those who are here illegally in a humane way while determining if they should remain or be shipped home.  We basically need to redefine the entire immigration system.  As much as I am a small government bigot we will have to increase spending in the short term to provide more courts to process the current amnesty backlog we will need more money to upgrade the current facilities and to build more facilities to handle the current overload including hiring people to run those facilities. We need to address the dreamers and that is something that can be done quickly and with limited cost. It is an easy solution that should be dealt with, without trying to tie any other immigration issues with it. 

Congress can create a new Category for the Dreamers (lets call it a grey card, or yellow card or brown card , name doesn't matter). This category would allow the Dreamers to get a legitimate social security card and work and get certain protections like Drivers licenses, college Tuition as in State if they have lived in the state for required amount of time and a path to citizenship.  Most people on both the left and the right would support this. Those that don't have no compassion and I am not worrying about them. The Dreamers are a special category kids who came here very young grew up here went to school here some who don't even speak the language of the country they came from or speak it so poorly they wouldn't fit if sent back to country they were born in.  These kids and young Adults deserve a solution.  It is time Congress did its job and help these kids. This should be a standalone Bill no border wall money, no trying to get rid of Ice just deal with this one issue. Who knows maybe if Congress could sit down and deal with a very simple issue like this and work together it might start a trend.  

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Fifty, we all look for the truth in here.  We are told half truths from both sides and we try to figure out what is correct.  We will never have the full truth about any issue.  No matter what side of the aisle you’re on you just have to watch what they do, not what they say.

man that sure sounds good but when proof is presented no one admits it. i do. and i am sure that the truth is probably some immigrants are probably treated fine in some camps and very badly in others. i young girl that was almost my stepdaughter moved to tejas and hse has a close friend that works for the border patrol and he gets upset because they spend their own money buying diapers and that sort of thing. so yes there are some gret border patrol agents. but why are agents even having to buy diapers? and why are we not coming down on the people making a sham out of our justice system? Camelot is not something i think we can call ourselves any longer. i believe we can do better. much better.

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Wow Captain Queeg, that's some geometric logic you're working there ... so let me see if I have this right; because someone believes people shouldn't be able to come into the country illegally, and get the benefits of citizens; and that they should be deported back to where they came from if they have no legit reason to be here; they are racist...is that it?  And someone has to prove to you they are not racist if they believe that we should enforce the laws we  have and that Congress should un**** the mess it has created (which has been the same mess for the last 20 years)?   Look, and I mean this with all due respect, I think you're retarded.  Prove me wrong.

46 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Are you certain that a bill has been presented that guarantees the funds will actually go to these things? And that doesn't have BS riders attached? Because, as I understand it, that has not yet happened. 

12 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Wow Captain Queeg, that's some geometric logic you're working there ... so let me see if I have this right; because someone believes people shouldn't be able to come into the country illegally, and get the benefits of citizens; and that they should be deported back to where they came from if they have no legit reason to be here; they are racist...is that it?  And someone has to prove to you they are not racist if they believe that we should enforce the laws we  have and that Congress should un**** the mess it has created (which has been the same mess for the last 20 years)?   Look, and I mean this with all due respect, I think you're retarded.  Prove me wrong.

i have no obligation  to prove anything to you. and you can take what i said out of context all you want but it does not mean you are right. i do not take you serious at all because you lie too much and half your arguments are nothing more than name calling. why should i respect you when you do not even respect yourself enough to even attempt to tell the truth on here most days? lol do not hold your breath waiting on me to prove things to you because you would die pretty quick. but thanx for trying to pull my chain....

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And that doesn't have BS riders attached? Because, as I understand it, that has not yet happened. 

You are probably correct, that is usually the problem with most bills that seem like a no no brainer, it comes from both parties. 

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have no obligation  to prove anything to you. and you can take what i said out of context all you want but it does not mean you are right. i do not take you serious at all because you lie too much and half your arguments are nothing more than name calling. why should i respect you when you do not even respect yourself enough to even attempt to tell the truth on here most days? lol do not hold your breath waiting on me to prove things to you because you would die pretty quick. but thanx for trying to pull my chain....

Did you even read your own post that I responded to?

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Cuban refugees would blend in Miami. Are we capturing them and sending them to Clint Texas or are they taking the southern border route now?

Not sure if this was the thread, but re: "Never Again" being anti-Semitic:

“Jews know what happens when ordinary people don’t intervene when they see the signs of mass atrocities,” Rubin said. “Ordinary people, on an everyday basis, are allowing ICE to operate in their cities. We’re trying to make it impossible to ignore that ICE is everywhere, all the time.”

The protesters started off with a rally of about 200 people on Sunday at an ICE detention center in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Thirty-six people were arrested for blocking the entrance to the facility.

Then, during rush hour in Boston on Tuesday evening, about 1,000 activists shut down traffic while marching from the New England Holocaust Memorial to the Suffolk County House of Correction, which houses ICE detainees. Eighteen people were arrested during that protest, according to the Boston Globe. 

Protesters participate in a "Never Again Action" march in Central Falls, Rhode Island, on Tuesday.
Protesters participate in a “Never Again Action” march in Central Falls, Rhode Island, on Tuesday.

On the same day, more than 200 people gathered at a detention facility in Central Falls, Rhode Island. One of the 18 protesters arrested was J. Aaron Regunberg, a former state representative, Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor and the grandson of a Holocaust survivor, the Providence Journal reported.

Regunberg told the Journal that, for him, the phrase “Never again” isn’t just about remembering how the Holocaust ended.

“It’s also about how it started, with a gradual process of legal exclusion and state-sponsored dehumanization that led eventually to the deaths of my grandpa’s family and so many millions of others,” Regunberg said. “It’s about understanding the path from beginning to end, and then throwing ourselves in the way of that path however we possibly can.”

A fourth protest is taking place in Los Angeles on Wednesday, followed by rallies in Philadelphia on Thursday and San Francisco on Friday.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/never-again-action-ice-protests_n_5d1cc0abe4b0f312567d7267

On 7/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, aubiefifty said:

man that sure sounds good but when proof is presented no one admits it. i do. and i am sure that the truth is probably some immigrants are probably treated fine in some camps and very badly in others. i young girl that was almost my stepdaughter moved to tejas and hse has a close friend that works for the border patrol and he gets upset because they spend their own money buying diapers and that sort of thing. so yes there are some gret border patrol agents. but why are agents even having to buy diapers? and why are we not coming down on the people making a sham out of our justice system? Camelot is not something i think we can call ourselves any longer. i believe we can do better. much better.

You are correct. I know people who work as border agents and they are good people who do the best they can with limited resources. I know some have spent their own money to help. That said in any organization there are bad apples and I am sure some of the stories of abuse are correct and should be dealt with. There is no doubt the situation on the borders are dire not enough money and the correct type of facilities to house the huge number.  Most facilities were built when the preponderance of illegals were men. We were and are not ready for influx of families. If we just let them go they mix in and are lost. They either don't come to immigration hearing or if they do and they lose and are to be deported they disappear.  As I have said multiple times. We need better clearer laws, we need to address the dreamers as a separate category we need to increase number of Judges and courts to resolve the backlog of cases. We need better and more facilities. We need facilities for families so we don't have to separate kids from parents. 

I am for a better border presence including the wall or wall and other security measures but it is not just a border issues. People coming in legally and overstaying visa's and never leaving all of this needs to be addressed and that falls directly in the lap of Congress. We have had multiple Presidents from Bush through Trump who would sign real immigration reform legislation. The problem there are two many on the Far Left and Far Right who won't compromise at all.  In our current system every country has a set number of people who can be approved per year. To do it legally there is often an 8-10 year waiting list while illegals are coming in and getting  jobs and then later amnesty of some sort while legals wait. I know I have sponsored people in the past.  It is not based on the need that year and it is not based on the skills that we need in this country.  The fact that so many illegals have been able to come here and find work means we should have been allowing more people to come legally. 

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You are correct. I know people who work as border agents and they are good people who do the best they can with limited resources. I know some have spent their own money to help. That said in any organization there are bad apples and I am sure some of the stories of abuse are correct and should be dealt with. There is no doubt the situation on the borders are dire not enough money and the correct type of facilities to house the huge number.  Most facilities were built when the preponderance of illegals were men. We were and are not ready for influx of families. If we just let them go they mix in and are lost. They either don't come to immigration hearing or if they do and they lose and are to be deported they disappear.  As I have said multiple times. We need better clearer laws, we need to address the dreamers as a separate category we need to increase number of Judges and courts to resolve the backlog of cases. We need better and more facilities. We need facilities for families so we don't have to separate kids from parents. 

I am for a better border presence including the wall or wall and other security measures but it is not just a border issues. People coming in legally and overstaying visa's and never leaving all of this needs to be addressed and that falls directly in the lap of Congress. We have had multiple Presidents from Bush through Trump who would sign real immigration reform legislation. The problem there are two many on the Far Left and Far Right who won't compromise at all.  In our current system every country has a set number of people who can be approved per year. To do it legally there is often an 8-10 year waiting list while illegals are coming in and getting  jobs and then later amnesty of some sort while legals wait. I know I have sponsored people in the past.  It is not based on the need that year and it is not based on the skills that we need in this country.  The fact that so many illegals have been able to come here and find work means we should have been allowing more people to come legally. 

nice post. in anniston we shut down a whole base with some brand new barracks,etc, which would take little to get prepped and ready. but to be honest i am not sure if the feds still own any part of it anymore. on the left side of the floor i read all the time about a civil war in the dems camp. it hurts us. the "war between parties" hurts us as well. i just know the greatest country in the world can do better and our leaders on both sides need to quit playing politics and do something about it.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

nice post. in anniston we shut down a whole base with some brand new barracks,etc, which would take little to get prepped and ready. but to be honest i am not sure if the feds still own any part of it anymore. on the left side of the floor i read all the time about a civil war in the dems camp. it hurts us. the "war between parties" hurts us as well. i just know the greatest country in the world can do better and our leaders on both sides need to quit playing politics and do something about it.

Are you talking Fort McClellan? Spent much of my career in government/military construction. Got my start building some of the last barracks built at Fort McClellan.

That was in the mid to late 70s. Closed in 1999 and doubt that many if any new barracks built.  Would need a demo crew today See link below for a drone tour.

Also, nothing takes little time or prep with the government and construction. There is a reason we are using private detention centers to house migrants.  

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Are you talking Fort McClellan? Spent much of my career in government/military construction. Got my start building some of the last barracks built at Fort McClellan.

That was in the mid to late 70s. Closed in 1999 and doubt that many if any new barracks built.  Would need a demo crew today See link below for a drone tour.

Also, nothing takes little time or prep with the government and construction. There is a reason we are using private detention centers to house migrants.  

We completed our SWAT training at McClellan. It was like being in the movie “I am Legend”. Deserted buildings with plant life growing through and around the buildings. 

Archived