so the camps are like country clubs huh?

aubiefifty

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s interesting the MSM counts Trump lies and ignores AOC’s. She is trying to bolster her claim that these camps are actually concentration camps (an outright lie and anti Semitic at the same time).  She refused to tour the camp and comes out with statements like women are drinking out of toilets.

: a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard used especially in reference to camps created by the Nazis in World War II for the internment and persecution of Jews and other prisoners

It is neither incorrect nor anti Semitic to say that large numbers of refugees are being detained or confined under armed guard. And how do you know the toilet thing isn't true? 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
: a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard used especially in reference to camps created by the Nazis in World War II for the internment and persecution of Jews and other prisoners

It is neither incorrect nor anti Semitic to say that large numbers of refugees are being detained or confined under armed guard. And how do you know the toilet thing isn't true? 

Fox News said so and they are the Oracle of God.

This is the "toilet" she alleges people were drinking out of...she is not just a liar; she is obviously breathtakingly stupid.  This is the same lady that didn't know what a garbage disposal was....

D-eudOnX4AAYDUU.jpg:large

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

This is the "toilet" she alleges people were drinking out of...she is not just a liar; she is obviously breathtakingly stupid.  This is the same lady that didn't know what a garbage disposal was....

D-eudOnX4AAYDUU.jpg:large

That's actually a photo from a different facility.  It's unclear whether this setup is the same at the camp she visited:

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

She's a liar....

Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different."

The president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento shared his firsthand experience touring a migrant detention center during a press briefing Monday.

“I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez, who has advised President Trump and both Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush on immigration reform, noted. “To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border."

“We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions and no lack of basic necessities,” Rodriguez remarked, adding he specifically asked border agents if they staged the facility in response to the negative press. “They unequivocally denied it — we were witnessing the identical conditions the attorneys saw when they toured the facility days earlier."

In fact, some told him the sources from whom the negative coverage originated “never toured the areas of the facility that we toured” and speculated they might have had political motivations.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/immigration-border-facility-aoc-hispanic

first you are not serious in your reply. how many different camps are there? sorry but do not all have the same facilities. also if you read the article they took a cell designed for what thirteen or twenty people right? they were told there were fifty six folks when in fact there was seventy something. here is the thing. you do not care about those folks and it shows. all you are interested in is trying to find a way to take up for your boy trump. if you are a christian or even a decent caring person you would drop the partisan crap thinking we all have orange man syndrome and try to find the truth. would you like me to print the article of all the disgusting things in the secret facebook group laughing and making fun of the father and sons corpses after they drowned trying to swim across the river? how much longer are you people going to turn a blind eye to the crap trump does or allows and quit saying fake news. sorry but all news is not fake. they also get a ton of stuff wrong on fox but you boys swear by them. hell do not take my word for it just google it or whatever your favorite search engine is. go look up testimonials of the border guards spending their own money because they cannot keep diapers for the infants. that sort of thing. instead you give a pass and make yourself and most of the right look really bad. and i will bet you right now if trump lives when he gets out of office he will end up in jail unless someone commutes his sentence. if interested we can agree to send money for a six pack or a steak dinner or whatever to someone we can trust on the fam like a mod maybe.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

first you are not serious in your reply. how many different camps are there? sorry but do not all have the same facilities. also if you read the article they took a cell designed for what thirteen or twenty people right? they were told there were fifty six folks when in fact there was seventy something. here is the thing. you do not care about those folks and it shows. all you are interested in is trying to find a way to take up for your boy trump. if you are a christian or even a decent caring person you would drop the partisan crap thinking we all have orange man syndrome and try to find the truth. would you like me to print the article of all the disgusting things in the secret facebook group laughing and making fun of the father and sons corpses after they drowned trying to swim across the river? how much longer are you people going to turn a blind eye to the crap trump does or allows and quit saying fake news. sorry but all news is not fake. they also get a ton of stuff wrong on fox but you boys swear by them. hell do not take my word for it just google it or whatever your favorite search engine is. go look up testimonials of the border guards spending their own money because they cannot keep diapers for the infants. that sort of thing. instead you give a pass and make yourself and most of the right look really bad. and i will bet you right now if trump lives when he gets out of office he will end up in jail unless someone commutes his sentence. if interested we can agree to send money for a six pack or a steak dinner or whatever to someone we can trust on the fam like a mod maybe.

seeing as you are in or have been in the military you should know how it works. inspection comes from outsiders and they find things and the brass will have folks on it dang near immediately cleaning or painting or fixing up stuff. i saw it in the military. i saw it even in the civil service as well. but the fact you believe absolutely nothing ANY lib says unless it is a very obvious lie means i am wasting my time with you. this is why i called some on here on the right liars. the truth is most of you do not care if trump lies. it is just like now trump has had what, 18 women come forward claiming assault but to your side they are all just money hungry even thought trump bragged about grabbing women by the lala.  moving on the like a bitch. or the fact he busted in on teenage girls undressing for the pageant when i believe they were all teens which makes them underage. do you people care? nope. so to me i honestly believe some of you are just not very good people. same way a whole bunch of the evangelicals have hijacked the true meaning of the teachings of jesus and are being a very seriously bad role model for young kids growing up. and then you guys accuse trump bashers of being a cult. just like you guys say it is not trumps fault with the immigrants even tho the numbers had been going way down until trump got elected.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

When attending my annual zero tolerance seminars before retirement, they always impressed upon the attendees that it isn’t how you mean your statements, it’s how the person perceives your statement.  If that statement is anti Semitic to a Jewish person, it is in fact, anti Semitic.  Have things changed in the last 5 years?

There are plenty of people of the Jewish faith that have come out and said she trivialized the holocaust and the reference of the phrase “Never Again” is seen as comparing the situation at the Southern Border to Nazi Germany.   It’s interesting that people vilify Trump for his lies and yet will not call out others that manipulate the truth.

As to the toilet thing; do you believe her?  I will have to have more evidence (witness) to be able to believe her.  When she speaks, it’s a lie, until proven otherwise.  She has earned that.  Same as Trump.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

When attending my annual zero tolerance seminars before retirement, they always impressed upon the attendees that it isn’t how you mean your statements, it’s how the person perceives your statement.  If that statement is anti Semitic to a Jewish person, it is in fact, anti Semitic.  Have things changed in the last 5 years?

It's not anti-Semitic to all Jewish people.  Concentration camp is not the same thing as a death camp necessarily.

There are plenty of people of the Jewish faith that have come out and said she trivialized the holocaust and the reference of the phrase “Never Again” is seen as comparing the situation at the Southern Border to Nazi Germany.   It’s interesting that people vilify Trump for his lies and yet will not call out others that manipulate the truth.

There are literal groups of Jews protesting at various locations right now using "Never Again" as their slogan for it.  

As to the toilet thing; do you believe her?  I will have to have more evidence (witness) to be able to believe her.  When she speaks, it’s a lie, until proven otherwise.  She has earned that.  Same as Trump.

I don't think we know yet.  And I don't think you can just make the assumption that "she's lying" by default.  We're talking about a group of people who had a secret Facebook page where they created photoshopped images of her performing oral sex on Trump and on immigrants.  They really isn't anyone less trustworthy right now than that bunch.

However, it is possible that she didn't see this toilet/sink combo thing in person and just repeated what the migrants told her.  And they may be confused as well.  I've never seen anything like that contraption before in my life before today.  It's unclear whether the camp she went to is outfitted with these things or not.  

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

There are just as many Jews who have come out in support of the use of the term. And "Never Again" is something that you want said *before* things turn into what you don't want them to be, yes? The point of these comments is to ensure that we don't let things get too far. What we are seeing with Trump and his hyper-populist, divisive, nationalist rhetoric is similar to how many very bad eras in some countries' histories began. It's a tried and true tactic. Hopefully the checks and balances built into our government remain in place and a psycho like Trump is never allowed to realize his vision as other dictators have and still do- much like the one who he just made a great effort to pay a social call to, or the journalist murderer that he was rubbing elbows with the other day, or the Russian bear he's so in love with- but he is following a pattern. 

I don't know about the toilet thing. I do believe she repeated what she heard. I don't see this pattern of lying that you claim. She is nothing like Trump. 

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s interesting the MSM counts Trump lies and ignores AOC’s. She is trying to bolster her claim that these camps are actually concentration camps (an outright lie and anti Semitic at the same time).  She refused to tour the camp and comes out with statements like women are drinking out of toilets.

come on man. she was on film talking to these people and it was on at least thre different news sources. did she try to fudge before then? maybe. but if you want to discuss aoc start another thread. this is about trump and all you are doing is deflecting or titans fav word whataboutism. trump showed you people how much he cares for other people that are not on his side or even some that are. he disses pow's and gold star families while he paid a doctor to get out of serving. and playing sports at the same time in college. he made fun of a handicapped journalist on national television. that gold star families son? he saved his whole platoon or squad at the risk of his on life. and yes he gave his life for his troops so lets try not to act like trump is jesus jr. y'all calime he is innocent of this and innocent of that but he has seventeen associates either on campaign staff or white house staff convicted of various crimes while others have yet to come to trial. where the hell does it end? serious? i just do not get it. i have already said obama lied about stuff. and i have no problem saying it because it is the truth........try it. you seem like a good person. dare to be different. and if you guys are honest y'all dislike obama because he mentioned the southerners and good ol boys as loving their guns, the bible, and whatever else it was. y'all believed obama was a kenyan for a fact. well until trump said he was not. so is trump lying about that? we have destroyed so much of the middle east over crap reasons........other than terroristss....we aremaking the middle east hate us. and y'all said obama was too easy on the muslims when in fact he was trying to defuse the situation as best he could. and in doing this he probably saved a few troops lives. and this was after bush and company screwed up so bad in iraq isis was created. i mean it goes on and on.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not anti-Semitic to all Jewish people.  Concentration camp is not the same thing as a death camp necessarily.

Is the statement/s have to be anti-Semitic to all Jewish people to be truly anti-Semitic?  I do know the difference between the two camps, but the camps at the Southern Border are not operated like the Nazi Concentration camps and the occupants of the Southern Border camps came in voluntarily.  

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

There are literal groups of Jews protesting at various locations right now using "Never Again" as their slogan for it.

Again, do all Jewish people have to agree?  All Americans do not agree with what is going on at the border?

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

However, it is possible that she didn't see this toilet/sink combo thing in person and just repeated what the migrants told her.  And they may be confused as well.  I've never seen anything like that contraption before in my life before today.  It's unclear whether the camp she went to is outfitted with these things or not.

This is the most plausible explanation, some kind of language barrier issue. However, a sitting Congress Woman should have a little more restraint with her emotions than to tell the press anything like what she did until something is confirmed.  JMO

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is the most plausible explanation, some kind of language barrier issue. However, a sitting Congress Woman should have a little more restraint with her emotions than to tell the press anything like what she did until something is confirmed.  JMO

Agree it is the most plausible and more than likely probable. I can understand how it could be termed "drinking from the toilet". 

While understanding the reasoning and design of a unit like that in a detention facility, most of us would still be hesitant to drink from it I suppose.

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There are just as many Jews who have come out in support of the use of the term.

As I mentioned to Titan, do all Jewish people have to agree that the statement was anti-Semitic?  That isn’t how other groups are treated.  Even Saban used the phrase after the 2010 Iron Bowl, but not in connection to anything Nazi.

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hopefully the checks and balances built into our government remain in place

I don’t have the same opinion of Trump that you do, however, I have always relied on the checks and balances built into the government to save our country.  Especially if the free everything, open border, utopia crowd is elected in 2020.

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know about the toilet thing. I do believe she repeated what she heard. I don't see this pattern of lying that you claim

She probably did repeat something that she heard and there was something lost in the translation.  Why would a Congress Woman repeat unfounded rumors?  She is exactly like Trump.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

you know that if that really happened it was not this past visit right? hell i read that over a week ago but just have not fact checked it. but again we re talking trump. why do you not understand that? start a thread on aoc if you like and we will discuss her ok?

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is the statement/s have to be anti-Semitic to all Jewish people to be truly anti-Semitic?  I do know the difference between the two camps, but the camps at the Southern Border are not operated like the Nazi Concentration camps and the occupants of the Southern Border camps came in voluntarily.  

Again, do all Jewish people have to agree?  All Americans do not agree with what is going on at the border?

No.  But disagree with it on the merits of a good argument - evidence, not by trying to shut down debate with accusations of anti-Semitism. 

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree.  If it turns out that this weird combo thing is what's happened, she needs to be more careful about just repeating things she's told without any investigation.  It undermines her arguments even if she's right about everything else.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No.  But disagree with it on the merits of a good argument - evidence, not by trying to shut down debate with accusations of anti-Semitism. 

I agree.  If it turns out that this weird combo thing is what's happened, she needs to be more careful about just repeating things she's told without any investigation.  It undermines her arguments even if she's right about everything else.

i agree. i learned a hard lesson with obama. he faced so much hate i blew it all off until i checked a couple of things.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you know that if that really happened it was not this past visit right? hell i read that over a week ago but just have not fact checked it. but again we re talking trump. why do you not understand that? start a thread on aoc if you like and we will discuss her ok?

You started the discussion about AOC just 23 hours ago in this thread. I was just posting on your article.

You started the discussion about AOC just 23 hours ago in this thread. I was just posting on your article.

ok my bad. i apologize. i am trying to focus on trump and she just happened to be in some of the articles i printed.

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

not by trying to shut down debate with accusations of anti-Semitism. 

I hope you don’t think I was trying to shut down debate by the use of anti-Semitism. If I was trying, I failed miserably.  Shutting down debate requires someone accusing another of some kind of ist.

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I hope you don’t think I was trying to shut down debate by the use of anti-Semitism. If I was trying, I failed miserably.  Shutting down debate requires someone accusing another of some kind of ist.

Or an "ism."  Racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, etc.

I was more saying it as a general debate tactic.  Getting pedantic over terms being used, and then tossing in an accusation of some sort of "ism" is a deflection from the main issue.  The main issue is, conditions in many of these camps is deplorable and inhumane.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Or an "ism."  Racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, etc.

I was more saying it as a general debate tactic.  Getting pedantic over terms being used, and then tossing in an accusation of some sort of "ism" is a deflection from the main issue.  The main issue is, conditions in many of these camps is deplorable and inhumane.

i know i am blunt and plain spoken but we seem to feel the same on this issue but i get called unhinged and you get a pass. is it my delivery? or do they fear the no nonsense thing you mostly have?

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i know i am blunt and plain spoken but we seem to feel the same on this issue but i get called unhinged and you get a pass. is it my delivery? or do they fear the no nonsense thing you mostly have?

I removed that exchange as it was irrelevant to the subject and destined to lead to an off topic argument.  That said, it's a frequent thing for someone attempting to defend or deflect from the indefensible to just resort to snark and insults without addressing any of the actual points being made.  

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I removed that exchange as it was irrelevant to the subject and destined to lead to an off topic argument.  That said, it's a frequent thing for someone attempting to defend or deflect from the indefensible to just resort to snark and insults without addressing any of the actual points being made.  

for the record i am not mad at jap. i love our vets. i wish we were spending the money we are going to spend on the fourth and get some of our homeless vets off the streets. have a great fourth...............

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Seek help. God bless.

Archived