so the camps are like country clubs huh?

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

seeing as you are in or have been in the military you should know how it works. inspection comes from outsiders and they find things and the brass will have folks on it dang near immediately cleaning or painting or fixing up stuff. i saw it in the military. i saw it even in the civil service as well. but the fact you believe absolutely nothing ANY lib says unless it is a very obvious lie means i am wasting my time with you. this is why i called some on here on the right liars. the truth is most of you do not care if trump lies. it is just like now trump has had what, 18 women come forward claiming assault but to your side they are all just money hungry even thought trump bragged about grabbing women by the lala.  moving on the like a bitch. or the fact he busted in on teenage girls undressing for the pageant when i believe they were all teens which makes them underage. do you people care? nope. so to me i honestly believe some of you are just not very good people. same way a whole bunch of the evangelicals have hijacked the true meaning of the teachings of jesus and are being a very seriously bad role model for young kids growing up. and then you guys accuse trump bashers of being a cult. just like you guys say it is not trumps fault with the immigrants even tho the numbers had been going way down until trump got elected.

Seek help. God bless.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not anti-Semitic to all Jewish people.  Concentration camp is not the same thing as a death camp necessarily.

There are literal groups of Jews protesting at various locations right now using "Never Again" as their slogan for it.  

I don't think we know yet.  And I don't think you can just make the assumption that "she's lying" by default.  We're talking about a group of people who had a secret Facebook page where they created photoshopped images of her performing oral sex on Trump and on immigrants.  They really isn't anyone less trustworthy right now than that bunch.

However, it is possible that she didn't see this toilet/sink combo thing in person and just repeated what the migrants told her.  And they may be confused as well.  I've never seen anything like that contraption before in my life before today.  It's unclear whether the camp she went to is outfitted with these things or not.  

However, let's blame Fox News. Orange man bad.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Or an "ism."  Racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, etc.

I was more saying it as a general debate tactic.  Getting pedantic over terms being used, and then tossing in an accusation of some sort of "ism" is a deflection from the main issue.  The main issue is, conditions in many of these camps is deplorable and inhumane.

Who doesn't want to fix this? Why?

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Shhh.  Grown ups are talking.

I wish. As admin you should as well. 

Samuel Rodriquez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different."

The president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the world's largest Hispanic Christian organization, and senior pastor of New Seasons Christian Worship Center in Sacramento shared his firsthand experience touring a migrant detention center during a press briefing Monday.

“I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez, who has advised President Trump and both Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush on immigration reform, noted. “To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border."

“We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions and no lack of basic necessities,” Rodriguez remarked, adding he specifically asked border agents if they staged the facility in response to the negative press. “They unequivocally denied it — we were witnessing the identical conditions the attorneys saw when they toured the facility days earlier."

In fact, some told him the sources from whom the negative coverage originated “never toured the areas of the facility that we toured” and speculated they might have had political motivations.

Yeah, I read that.  I think it's reasonable to believe one or both of these things are true:

1.  Because the Trump admin is not allowing Congress or anyone else to show up and see the facilities unannounced, they are getting things in order before any outsiders come.

2. Some facilities are orderly and well-managed and others are a disaster.

It's the height of fantasy to believe all the negative stuff is just made up to make Trump look bad or some other ulterior motive.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I read that.  I think it's reasonable to believe one or both of these things are true:

1.  Because the Trump admin is not allowing Congress or anyone else to show up and see the facilities unannounced, they are getting things in order before any outsiders come.

It's the height of fantasy to believe all the negative stuff is just made up to make Trump look bad or some other ulterior motive.

Imagine placing 200,000 inside Jordan Hare for a day. Can you see problems? I don't think some can, nor do they care to address the real issue much less fund it. 

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Dear leader is infallible. Repent your blasphemy.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Dear leader is infallible. Repent your blasphemy.

Like I said, not only adults reside here. But let admins dream. ;)

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Why are decent facilities and personnel not in place this sort of crisis? 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why are decent facilities and personnel not in place this sort of crisis? 

Overwhelmed? IDK

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Imagine placing 200,000 inside Jordan Hare for a day. Can you see problems? I don't think some can, nor do they care to address the real issue much less fund it. 

Same thoughts crossed my mind 78. President Trump started yelling border crisis months ago. Not even enough time then to prepare. His answer was "manufactured".

13 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Overwhelmed? IDK

Apparently this administration should be able to engineer, build, find and train people to care for thousands with a snap of the finger.

The drinking toilet water business water is BS. Have seen first hand how people react to others needs since the hurricane. Have to look long and hard to find people that cold and I doubt the Trump administration recruits them.  

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Same thoughts crossed my mind 78. President Trump started yelling border crisis months ago. Not even enough time then to prepare. His answer was "manufactured".

And consider we love the the pre-game flyover at JH. Everyone in attendance is elated right? Of course. But let President Trump suggest such a thing and it's an outrage. 

Yeah, we don't have adults only in the room. Hate it is so, but facts matter. 

TDS is real. The echo chamber lives. Some things are obvious. Pathetic. 

#seekrealresolution

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Apparently this administration should be able to engineer, build, find and train people to care for thousands with a snap of the finger.

The drinking toilet water business water is BS. Have seen first hand how people react to others needs since the hurricane. Have to look long and hard to find people that cold and I doubt the Trump administration recruits them.  

Worked many disasters and spent a year at Katrina. Lots of bad conditions. Takes time and $$$.

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Overwhelmed? IDK

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

We are behind the power curve on this.  The admin saw it coming and tried to stay ahead of this, but no one else did and funds were slow in coming.  I know you two know this, but it seems the majority don’t. 

It’s also interesting to see who were the Congress Persons that voted against the bill and called for a walkout of Wayfarer workers to delay the deliver beds to the detention centers.  

#humanitycrises.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We are behind the power curve on this.  The admin saw it coming and tried to stay ahead of this, but no one else did and funds were slow in coming.  I know you two know this, but it seems the majority don’t. 

It’s also interesting to see who were the Congress Persons that voted against the bill and called for a walkout of Wayfarer workers to delay the deliver beds to the detention centers.  

#humanitycrises.

Sorry M4; this explanation requires way to much rational thought for this group to comprehend.  

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

#humanitycrises.

Except the bill didn't state where the money was actually going. 

I mean, it will eventually go to for-profit prison companies, but the bill didn't guarantee in any way how they would allocate that money. 

And nobody called for anything to delay bed delivery. The workers voted through action against their employer profiting off of what they consider dirty money. 

Trump is trying to use these refugees' lives to extort the Democrats, and of course he's campaigning on it at the same time. Obviously a lot of you are all in with him on that. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I mean, it will eventually go to for-profit prison companies, but the bill didn't guarantee in any way how they would allocate that money. 

And nobody called for anything to delay bed delivery. The workers voted through action against their employer profiting off of what they consider dirty money. 

Trump is trying to use these refugees' lives to extort the Democrats, and of course he's campaigning on it at the same time. Obviously a lot of you are all in with him on that. 

It would be nice if the whole Congress put their differences aside and fix what’s wrong at the boarder.  Someone has to lead and right now it’s Trump.  If the Congress keeps fighting and *resisting* these poor people are the ones caught in the middle.  There will be plenty of time before the 2020 election to rail on Trump.

#getrdone

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It would be nice if the whole Congress put their differences aside and fix what’s wrong at the boarder.  Someone has to lead and right now it’s Trump.  If the Congress keeps fighting and *resisting* these poor people are the ones caught in the middle.  There will be plenty of time before the 2020 election to rail on Trump.

#getrdone

Okay. Then maybe "we" should focus "our" efforts on good legislation instead of those who voted against bad legislation. 

And every day is a good day to rail on trump. He's POTUS, for God's sake. Not to mention, he can't stand the idea of a day going by without the American people being reminded of who he is and what he is. He's a low rent internet troll. Now, you'd be right to say that Americans shouldn't be wasting their time on such a pathetic human being- those lucky few business partners whom he actually paid, such as Stormy Daniels, notwithstanding- but a distressingly large number of us actually chose him to be the leader of the free world. Not quite half of us, but close. So, strictly because he's POTUS, he gets attention. And he'll get the attention he's earned. 

If anyone voted for trump, and if anyone plans on voting for him again, then you really need to suck it up and take your medicine. You voted against dignity and decency. That's on you. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

This lavatory is push button operated. "Open a faucet" tends to mean turning a valve handle/lever. Also, there would be no water in the bowl of this toilet to drink. 

Detention fixture design attempts to be suicide proof and potential weapon proof. Water in a toilet bowl presents a drowning opportunity.

Spec below

https://www.acorneng.com/uploads/fileLibrary/1418.pdf

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Okay. Then maybe "we" should focus "our" efforts on good legislation instead of those who voted against bad legislation. 

And every day is a good day to rail on trump. He's POTUS, for God's sake. Not to mention, he can't stand the idea of a day going by without the American people being reminded of who he is and what he is. He's a low rent internet troll. Now, you'd be right to say that Americans shouldn't be wasting their time on such a pathetic human being- those lucky few business partners whom he actually paid, such as Stormy Daniels, notwithstanding- but a distressingly large number of us actually chose him to be the leader of the free world. Not quite half of us, but close. So, strictly because he's POTUS, he gets attention. And he'll get the attention he's earned. 

If anyone voted for trump, and if anyone plans on voting for him again, then you really need to suck it up and take your medicine. You voted against dignity and decency. That's on you. 

This is why we can't have nice things ... TDS, the struggle is real...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Archived