Fall Camp: Day 7 - First Scrimmage (8/8)

Auburn Kev

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

He did very well as long as he had Kerryon healthy. That offense doesn’t even come close to touching the ceilings of the offenses  directed by dynamic QBs that can throw deep though. Gus has said over and over he wants to run down hill and throw the ball deep. Joey brings an extra dimension with the running game in that aspect. 

We can always agree on one thing Jeff, if nothing else, that JG gives us the best opportunity for greatness at QB

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

We can always agree on one thing Jeff, if nothing else, that JG gives us the best opportunity for greatness at QB

Yes!! I just want all the actors in play to realize the potential we see. That includes Gus and JG himself. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yes!! I just want all the actors in play to realize the potential we see. That includes Gus and JG himself. 

For real - I think you underestimate what the coaches see in Gatewood. I know you are his biggest fan, but I think the coaches see it too. 

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

For real - I think you underestimate what the coaches see in Gatewood. I know you are his biggest fan, but I think the coaches see it too. 

Can’t ever tell with Gus. He tried to get another QB in Kelly Bryant (DT- not as high of ceiling imo) and he keeps recruiting pro style QBs. I don’t know what he wants 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Can’t ever tell with Gus. He tried to get another QB in Kelly Bryant (DT- not as high of ceiling imo) and he keeps recruiting pro style QBs. I don’t know what he wants 

That's a fair point. Kelly is more of a known quantity at this point, but I would take Gatewood every day of the week. 

So it looks like we got another faction of QB fans. How about support what is best for Auburn? 

41 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think Joey gives us more live but never know. Unfortunately, I just didn’t think interior line played well at all. Maybe they will improve. 

How did the line look compared to last year? About the same?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So it looks like we got another faction of QB fans. How about support what is best for Auburn? 

All in all, whatever qb starts for auburn, I’m fine with, but these OL struggles are getting old. We need to get; the old school term, some big nasties on the OL

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Defense is supposed to dominate the first scrimmage, especially ours. So why is a big deal being made of it? Let's see what happens the 2nd scrimmage, then we can really talk.

Plus the QBs didn't have the element of running that will be instrumental in our offense this year. Zone read changes things. 

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think it's more, everyone is okay with either whomever wins...and then there's Jeff.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think it's more, everyone is okay with either whomever wins...and then there's Jeff.

I have a preference but I’ll support Nix if he wins it. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I have a preference but I’ll support Nix if he wins it. Simple as that.

I know. It was just a little good natured ribbing.

After listening to that Marcello podcast I almost wonder if this scrimmage was meant to put the QBs and the offense under duress to see how they would react?  If Gus opens up the offense a little more Wednesday and the offense performs better I guess we’ll know.  

Just now, Win4AU said:

After listening to that Marcello podcast I almost wonder if this scrimmage was meant to put the QBs and the offense under duress to see how they would react?  If Gus opens up the offense a little more Wednesday and the offense performs better I guess we’ll know.  

I’m listening to it now. Apparently Javaris Davis has a case of dropsies at PR. They’re speculating Gus won’t put up with that. Could be Tutt then Matthew Hill.

One thing I would be curious about is if this year Gus has the defense really go after the offense, and last year they didn’t due to what we knew (or thought we knew) what we had on offense.  So that it’s not as bad as it appeared 

It's possible I am in the "blind hope" stage of the offseason, but I don't take today's offensive failures as a negative.

This offense needs to be pushed by the top-level defense we have. Forge them in the fire. If our O can survive without their confidence totally shattered, playing other defenses will feel like a cakewalk in comparison to what they see in practice. 

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Like you do me????????????????????? Really????????????????

Not at all. In fact, just so you don't misunderstand me, I'll have someone you can relate to explain it...

tenor.gif

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

FYI: Stidham threw a TD pass. He also avoided d-line pressure. Go Stids Go. 

Nice slant route in the RZ.

Archived