Fall Camp: Day 7 - First Scrimmage (8/8)

Auburn Kev

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Not good today, friends. OLine was pitiful. Gatewood performed better than Nix but both struggled. Both inaccurate. (To be fair both running for their lives.) To say defense won the day is an understatement. 

RBs has to get any yards they could. Momma Worm should be proud! That guy hustles! 

So what you are actually saying is we have a defense that rivals, nay, even better than our 2004 defense?!

Got it.

Welcome to the spin zone.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Not good today, friends. OLine was pitiful. Gatewood performed better than Nix but both struggled. Both inaccurate. (To be fair both running for their lives.) To say defense won the day is an understatement. 

RBs has to get any yards they could. Momma Worm should be proud! That guy hustles! 

Do you think either QB would’ve benefited from a live scrimmage? Is the defense really that good this year or has the o-line just not made any improvements since last season? Thanks for the info as always! 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Well I don't know who that guy is, but yeah it's not the QB's only job to pass. Can we move on now? 

Go for it.

10 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Well if you look at it from a defensive standpoint, it was a great day. I would expect nothing less when we have missing WRs, QBs that are not live, a base offense, and a kick $&* DL! hahaha 

Seriously though that stinks about the OL. Not concerned about freshmen QBs struggling as much as I am about 5 seniors on the OL that struggle. It's not like we can replace them at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Grab the popcorn 🍿 and enjoy the show. 😂

I got bored with  The same ole, same ole a long time ago and left the movie.

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

On another positive note - Smoke Monday sounds like he is going to be an outstanding player for us. 

Number 21 looks good on him. 

43 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Anyone who expected otherwise was fooling themselves.  We've got SunBelt talent at most positions on the line.

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Welcome to the spin zone.

Where taking away Nix’s secondary asset and Gatewood’s primary asset is equally felt by both in a contested battle. And doubling down the mental gymnastics into thinking that it can be a net benefit for Gatewood (which hasn’t even secured the job yet) until E can say his “same ole same ole” stuff. 

Where do I sign up? 

Just now, cole256 said:

I would love if Joey was the better thrower and nix was the stronger runner

Wouldn’t be very equal then. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Where taking away Nix’s secondary asset and Gatewood’s primary asset is equally felt by both in a contested battle. And doubling down the mental gymnastics into thinking that it can be a net benefit for Gatewood (which hasn’t even secured the job yet) until E can say his “same ole same ole” stuff.

qakZa0.gif

52 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Well I don't know who that guy is, but yeah it's not the QB's only job to pass. Can we move on now? 

@aujeff11

If we actually look back and you dont put words in my mouth, I said a qbs main job is to pass, running is a tertiary skill that shouldn't be relied upon as a main weapon barring extenuating circumstances. 

QBs throw the ball. It is the most important aspect of playing the position. 

Let's just tun wildcat every play and Jeff can live happily. 

8 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

@aujeff11

If we actually look back and you dont put words in my mouth, I said a qbs main job is to pass, running is a tertiary skill that shouldn't be relied upon as a main weapon barring extenuating circumstances. 

QBs throw the ball. It is the most important aspect of playing the position. 

Let's just tun wildcat every play and Jeff can live happily. 

Here is what you said: 

“His primary asset should be his arm. Otherwise change positions. His job isn't to run. 

You also said “we cannot sustain success off of Nick Marshall’s”

Nick Marshall is the only reason why we have had great success under Gus. 

That gunsmith dude has been hating on Joey for years.....he pretty much has something bad to say about any QB that has an ounce of athleticism. 

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Do you think either QB would’ve benefited from a live scrimmage? Is the defense really that good this year or has the o-line just not made any improvements since last season? Thanks for the info as always! 

I think Joey gives us more live but never know. Unfortunately, I just didn’t think interior line played well at all. Maybe they will improve. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Here is what you said: 

“His primary asset should be his arm. Otherwise change positions. His job isn't to run. 

You also said “we cannot sustain success off of Nick Marshall’s”

Nick Marshall is the only reason why we have had success under Gus. 

To be fair, Gus did pretty well with Jared Stidham and he was what... a fourth or fifth round draft pick?

I don’t know how much we can take out of scrimmage number one, but if we don’t have a SEC O-line, it’s not gonna matter who we have as quarterback.

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think Joey gives us more live but never know. Unfortunately, I just didn’t think interior line played well at all. Maybe they will improve. 

Thanks, as always for your insight ptb!

interior line, with guards that have multiple years experience is a little worrying. Then again I wasn’t high on the guards last year 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That gunsmith dude has been hating on Joey for years.....he pretty much has something bad to say about any QB that has an ounce of athleticism. 

When I asked him to name one QB on our roster more talented? His response:

You mean literally every QB ahead of him on the depth chart. Lol what a joke. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Biggest thing going forward, we need to recruit a nasty center, like dismukes. Get that style back 

Why stop at center? Let's get a whole line full of nasty. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Why stop at center? Let's get a whole line full of nasty. 

I 100% agree, I just want a bunch of PO’d guys that want to don’t care about the destruction, only the result 

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

To be fair, Gus did pretty well with Jared Stidham and he was what... a fourth or fifth round draft pick?

I don’t know how much we can take out of scrimmage number one, but if we don’t have a SEC O-line, it’s not gonna matter who we have as quarterback.

He did very well as long as he had Kerryon healthy. That offense doesn’t even come close to touching the ceilings of the offenses  directed by dynamic QBs that can throw deep though. Gus has said over and over he wants to run down hill and throw the ball deep. Joey brings an extra dimension with the running game in that aspect. 

Archived