Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

The same point you made about kyler. There is no exact science to how a player will perform, with or without live practices . I don’t know why we keep rehashing this. 

Nah you didn't but ok

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hey Hey!!!!! HBD to the Master Copy & Paster!!

i have been called much worse!  cheers.........

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Actually the NFL does have their QBs go live for about an entire half two weeks before the first game.  It's called the pre-season.  Maybe they have something figured out?

Yeah let’s add preseason games to College football 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah you didn't but ok

What exactly was your point in bringing up kyler Murray to the conversation ? Lol. 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah let’s add preseason games to College football 

Let's do!  It's arguable that one preseason game as fall camp ends could help a ton of teams, especially young guys who need experience, before they take the field for real.  I'd be all for doing one at the end of camp about two weeks before the season and right before game 1 prep starts in earnest.

Would help eliminate the crappy FCS opponent from the schedule too while still allowing those schools to get some cash and not hurting their final record either.

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

What exactly was your point in bringing up kyler Murray to the conversation ? Lol. 

When you start getting your head cracked its different,literally a different game....I don't know what your point was but the difference between alot of you and me is I'm not trying to prove a point. I'm talking about what I know and experienced. I'm not trying to convince anybody anything I'm just saying facts and you can listen or not. I don't know if you played or not but I'm thinking no because of the logic you're using

It's like in basketball when people talk LeBron Jordan and Kobe and the one analytical guy talks and says true stuff. I know it makes sense but it's just a little more to it. Im not arguing live or not anymore I stopped that a while ago but what can't be debated is you don't know what you have until they are in the fire period. And as far as qb's go it's the speed of the game that's the adjustment as far as every jump. That's it

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Let's do!  It's arguable that one preseason game as fall camp ends could help a ton of teams, especially young guys who need experience, before they take the field for real.  I'd be all for doing one at the end of camp about two weeks before the season and right before game 1 prep starts in earnest.

Would help eliminate the crappy FCS opponent from the schedule too while still allowing those schools to get some cash and not hurting their final record either.

That’s sounds like a great idea all the way through it. So why isn’t it already being done?

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s sounds like a great idea all the way through it. So why isn’t it already being done?

Because people hate change.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

i saw kyler on the tv once.                        lol that is so stupid surely it made you laugh? maybee not since my jokes fail more as a dirty ol geezer.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

1200px-NCAA_logo.svg.png

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

When you start getting your head cracked its different,literally a different game....I don't know what your point was but the difference between alot of you and me is I'm not trying to prove a point. I'm talking about what I know and experienced. I'm not trying to convince anybody anything I'm just saying facts and you can listen or not. I don't know if you played or not but I'm thinking no because of the logic you're using

Post of the day!

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Because people hate change.

Yeah, I guess so. In general, in a debate I get the criticism or the resistance established and out of the way first, so I wonder what is stopping the NCAA with that idea. You’re a smart guy, but I’m sure this idea has been brought up before. Change brings resistance in general, but I feel like there could be more to justify the resistance. Can you think of any cons to it? 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, I guess so. In general, in a debate I get the criticism or the resistance established and out of the way first, so I wonder what is stopping the NCAA with that idea. You’re a smart guy, but I’m sure this idea has been brought up before. Change brings resistance in general, but I feel like there could be more to justify the resistance. Can you think of any cons to it? 

The only two cons I can really think of are that the sacrificial lamb schools may not get as much money, since those games are likely to have less attendance than if it was regular season.    Also, it's one less easy opportunity for bad/mediocre programs to get bowl eligible.

The class thing is out the window as most schools haven't started yet.  However, I think if people could play a pre-season game, some early week non-conference matchups would be a lot more interesting.

20 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I actually am not joking. I would love this idea, tbh

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's like in basketball when people talk LeBron Jordan and Kobe and the one analytical guy talks and says true stuff. I know it makes sense but it's just a little more to it. Im not arguing live or not anymore I stopped that a while ago but what can't be debated is you don't know what you have until they are in the fire period. And as far as qb's go it's the speed of the game that's the adjustment as far as every jump. That's it

And Daniel Jones played game 1 with the potential of getting his head crack and he did great. So again, you bringing up kyler and speaking about his performance doesn’t prove a thing. My name is Deonte Gibbs. Went to carver for a bit, then transferred to ACA  and played football and ran track. Transferred to a school in Searcy, Arkansas. Played football and ran track. Broke a state record in track. Got a division 2 scholarship to Harding university for football and track (track was my primary sport). Ending up getting injured and transferred back home to finish my degree at Auburn University. I have no problem saying I am not an expert at any of this or saying when I am wrong , but I am willing to put my name out there, if you are going to call me out on it. 

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't see why people are so ok with switching qb's in different situations.....worst thing ever

I agree 100%. Pick a guy and go with him. 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The only two cons I can really think of are that the sacrificial lamb schools may not get as much money, since those games are likely to have less attendance than if it was regular season.    Also, it's one less easy opportunity for bad/mediocre programs to get bowl eligible.

The class thing is out the window as most schools haven't started yet.  However, I think if people could play a pre-season game, some early week non-conference matchups would be a lot more interesting.

Money usually starts out as one of the biggest obstacles for the great ideas, but the A-day game crowds prove the idea is worthwhile if you ask me.  Look at our board. We are dying for football right now. 

Bowl eligibility is a fraud if it hinges on beating little sisters of the poor. That argument holds no weight. Too many bowl games already.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

And Daniel Jones played game 1 with the potential of getting his head crack and he did great. So again, you bringing up kyler and speaking about his performance doesn’t prove a thing. My name is Deonte Gibbs. Went to carver for a bit, then transferred to ACA  and played football and ran track. Transferred to a school in Searcy, Arkansas. Played football and ran track. Broke a state record in track. Got a division 2 scholarship to Harding university for football and track . Ending up getting injured and transferred back home to finish my degree at Auburn University. I have no problem saying I am not an expert at any of this or saying when I am wrong , but I am willing to put my name out there, if you are going to call me out on it. 

Daniel Jones didn't get blitzed.....kyler didn't get blitzed in week one.....he did in week two, traditionally pre-season they usually don't start blitzing until week 3......if you don't see the difference more power to you and once again I'm not trying to prove anything.

Call you out? Not big enough for me to Google people. So you played and you didn't see a difference in energy or even defensive speed when it was live? You guys didn't clap and say that's what I've been waiting for. And yes I know everybody else is live but the QB but it was the same ol same ol with you guys? Wow. When we were let loose to go live it literally felt like a game and everybody knew that if you're going to make a move to get playing time it was right then

1 hour ago, DAG said:

He looked great in week one of preseason vanilla game, and week two he got blitzed a lot and couldn’t do squat.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

reduce the total number of games

Not going to happen. The economic boost to the cities is to great for schools to let it drop a game in the season.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Daniel Jones didn't get blitzed.....kyler didn't get blitzed in week one.....he did in week two, traditionally pre-season they usually don't start blitzing until week 3......if you don't see the difference more power to you and once again I'm not trying to prove anything.

Call you out? Not big enough for me to Google people. So you played and you didn't see a difference in energy or even defensive speed when it was live? You guys didn't clap and say that's what I've been waiting for. And yes I know everybody else is live but the QB but it was the same ol same ol with you guys? Wow. When we were let loose to go live it literally felt like a game and everybody knew that if you're going to make a move to get playing time it was right then

Ahh okay my bad. I get what you are saying now. Like I said I can admit when I am wrong. Have at it. But yes I did play football. I did run track collegiately. I didn’t just play at the Y . I didn’t just play REC ball. Grew up in Montgomery Alabama . The guy you see in the pic before my new Gus one is me. Like I said I respect your opinion but we can definitely play the credential game.

Archived