Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I know it's part of football, but my gosh do our players need to be wrapped up in bubble wrap? Seems like someone new goes down every day...

Feels that way. I’m holding out hope. MRI today. Say some prayers. 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Probably gonna have some bad news today, I’m afraid. OL injury. 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

tenor.gif

28 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Probably gonna have some bad news today, I’m afraid. OL injury. 

giphy.gif

Please don't be Tega...

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

With our luck it’s probably Tega. A young guy Is gonna have to step up. Irvin seems like to next man up based on Grimes interview 

If it's an OT Bailey Sharp is the next man up per reports.

29 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

You can't drop a bomb like that without including a name.  Who is it?

Yes he can. We'll find out when it's ready to be reported.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If it's an OT Bailey Sharp is the next man up per reports.

Since it's "per reports", I assume this means it IS an OT?

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Since it's "per reports", I assume this means it IS an OT?

No. I'm saying reports in fall camp have Bailey as the back up OT. No new reports yet.

4 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

But if we are being fair, Patrick Nix wasn't an ALL-SEC QB. 1992 Nix was a freshman that attempted 11 total passes. No ALL-SEC there. 1993...So 1993 attempted 15 passes. No ALL-SEC QB there. Let's look at 1994. The ALL-SEC QBs were Jay Barker from Bama and Eric Zeier from UGA. So no 1994 ALL-SEC. 1995 ALL-SEC QBs were Danny Wuerffel and Peyton Manning. Then he was done. 

I love Pat Nix. Ever since he made the 4th and long pass vs Bama in 93, he will always hold a place in my heart. But don't give him accolades that he didn't earn. 

Beat me to it. Next to Cam, Nix will forever be my favorite QB, but no way did he land on any All-SEC teams. 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Well that would be devastating. Was it an injury From working out? I did not think they practiced today.

I didn't want to say this given how when I say something it can go left.....but this is football!!! You can't prepare for it by saying we're not going to get our guys hurt because even when you're taking it easy guys get hurt. You just have to go out there and give it your all. And us sitting at home need to appreciate these guys more. Injuries suck but they are going to happen. Only way is to not play but then you won't get better....it's a risk to this

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

If we lose a starting OL for the season, especially if it is Tega, we are in deep deep trouble. 

@Mikey please reassure everyone.

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't want to say this given how when I say something it can go left.....but this is football!!! You can't prepare for it by saying we're not going to get our guys hurt because even when you're taking it easy guys get hurt. You just have to go out there and give it your all. And us sitting at home need to appreciate these guys more. Injuries suck but they are going to happen. Only way is to not play but then you won't get better....it's a risk to this

The OL & every other position went live most of the time in camp. The QB's are the only ones that haven't. In most cases before the season there's a big difference between an OL getting hurt & a QB getting hurt. A QB getting hurt will almost always have a much great effect on a season outcome than an OL getting hurt.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The OL & every other position were going all out most of the time in camp. The QB's are the only ones that haven't. In most cases before the season there's a big difference between an OL getting hurt & a QB getting hurt. A QB getting hurt will almost always have a much great effect on a season outcome than an OL getting hurt.

regardless of who it is, the other problem we now have even before the season starts is a lack of depth, especially if it is at OT our least strongest area. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, I've never been a fan and don't think it really works - unless you are talking about a Leak/Tebow situation where Leak was taking 95% of the snaps, except for short yardage and goal line situations. 

That’s essentially what has been proposed in here 

Archived