Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Good one. You are harping about going live and look at the response over a potential injury. Yet, you want to put our QBs at harms way. That is super logical. Must be why the NFL teams do it. Oh wait they don’t. Two weeks before the 1st game. No need for it. 

Plus you both are quality posters. No need to go at it a bit over different opinions.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyler Murray was just two different QB's when he faced a blitz......and that isn't even the real thing yet

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good one. You are harping about going live and look at the response over a potential injury. Yet, you want to put our QBs at harms way. That is super logical. Must be why the NFL teams do it. Oh wait they don’t. Two weeks before the 1st game. No need for it. 

Lol, comparing to NFL.  The NFLPA, $30 million investment.   A few live reps each practice is only gonna help.  Remember when we had a soft terrible defense from not going live or competing against top talent.  In fall camp there should be reps, once you close camp and start preparations for the games I get it.  Part of leadership in football is toughness.  Asking for live reps does not mean full go scrimmaging the entire practice.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Lol, comparing to NFL.  The NFLPA, $30 million investment.   A few live reps each practice is only gonna help.  Remember when we had a soft terrible defense from not going live or competing against top talent.  In fall camp there should be reps, once you close camp and start preparations for the games I get it.  Part of leadership in football is toughness.  Asking for live reps does not mean full go scrimmaging the entire practice.

Well these players are investments no? In fact they are multimillion dollar investments themselves because base on their performance means a whole damn lot. Now , you wanted to be a smartass. That’s cool, but Gus isn’t going to go live. Get the hell over it. 

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Plus you both are quality posters. No need to go at it a bit over different opinions.

Let ‘em go at it. 

Since Gus won’t allow it, we will let iron sharpeth iron here. 

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I am fine with difference of opinions. Not standing for the pot shots though. 

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Let ‘em go at it. 

Since Gus won’t allow it, we will let iron sharpeth iron here. 

Lol.  And all i did was agree with Cole and piggybacked on what he said.   

This thread is just like that late camp practice where everybody is tired of hitting each other and getting chippy....

giphy (1).gifojchqytk7psyk4xk2e4m.gif

seahawks-richard-sherman-camp-fight.gif

Just now, auburnphan said:

I see what DAG is saying. He doesn’t want Joey hurting our defenders in (Alan Iverson’s  voice) practice. 

I’m definitely #prolive though 😬

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

This thread is just like that late camp practice where everybody is tired of hitting each other and getting chippy....

giphy (1).gifojchqytk7psyk4xk2e4m.gif

seahawks-richard-sherman-camp-fight.gif

Cam v Josh Norman is a goodun, too.

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

That's where you messed up 😂. The path I travel will make your weary, you must be ready lol

You guys kill me. I apologize for calling you out auburnphan but did you not just call me , Mikey for disagreeing with you or was that a compliment? 

I will have to agree with no subbing in Joey in the red zone.  The key with running fast is wearing down the defenders and preventing them from subbing in.  The worst time to allow the defense to substitute is in the red zone because they just fought the last 80 yards (potentially) so they are tired.  Put in Joey, let the defense put in fresh players.  I understand the want for Joey to come in but we allow for substitutions on defense.  

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Kyler Murray was just two different QB's when he faced a blitz......and that isn't even the real thing yet

And Daniel Jones went 6-6 in his first game. We can do this all day.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And Daniel Jones went 6-6 in his first game. We can do this all day.

What point did you feel you just made?

you boyz need to take a break and smoke one. it is my birthday...... will provide the hoobie.............

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What point did you feel you just made?

The same point you made about kyler. There is no exact science to how a player will perform, with or without live practices . I don’t know why we keep rehashing this. 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you boyz need to take a break and smoke one. it is my birthday...... will provide the hoobie.............

Hey Hey!!!!! HBD to the Master Copy & Paster!!

28 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

source.gif

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Actually the NFL does have their QBs go live for about an entire half two weeks before the first game.  It's called the pre-season.  Maybe they have something figured out?

26 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cam v Josh Norman is a goodun, too.

This one?

323471_cam-newton-dab-wallpaper.jpg

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's called the pre-season.  Maybe they have something figured out?

I'm down for playing Tuskeegee or Bama St. for a preseason game.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm down for playing Tuskeegee or Bama St. for a preseason game.

I'd love to have a week 0 preseason where everyone plays a 1-AA school or D-2 school.  However that means you have to play full FBS competition during the games that count, which should help the sport too.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

This one?

323471_cam-newton-dab-wallpaper.jpg

Yep. Norman did well that year, but never liked him. 

Mixon stiffarmed him into his grave yesterday and it was glorious.  

Archived