Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

1 hour ago, toddc said:

He looked great in week one of preseason vanilla game, and week two he got blitzed a lot and couldn’t do squat.

Why did I think Kyler Murray first game was yesterday . I completely blanked on that. 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sandyclawedtiger said:

Class of 80 Wolverine here!😊

That’s what’s up! Both my Parents are Sidney Lanier Poets. 

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

The gump! 334

Yup! Maybe the worst year in my life. Family then moved to P'Ville & I liked it much better.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! Maybe the worst year in my life. Family then moved to P'Ville & I liked it much better.

Montgomery is not all bad man lol. Depends on where you are at. But yeah prattville is a big chance. Actually one of my biggest rivals in youth league went there and became a stud. You remember someone by the name of Justin Albert ?

4 hours ago, DAG said:

You guys kill me. I apologize for calling you out auburnphan but did you not just call me , Mikey for disagreeing with you or was that a compliment? 

My bad, we are all good.

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

You remember someone by the name of Justin Albert ?

Yup! He was a huge reason we beat Hoover in 2007 for the state title & got their show 2 A Days cancelled. I watched that last episode so many times where we beat them it's not even funny.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! He was a huge reason we beat Hoover in 2007 for the state title & got their show 2 A Days cancelled. I watched that last episode so many times where we beat them it's not even funny.

Me too. You guys also had that unfortunate death of a coach too as well, if I remember correctly. It is so interesting how those guys are local legends but then things just fall through at the next level. Courtney Fortson and Varez Ward was the same way. 

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Did the guys practice today? If so, what’s the word on how it went? 🤷‍♀️

Iono but Titan said in the QB thread based on sources he expects Bo Nix to be named the starter 

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

Yes. It was this afternoon. No word on it. It sounds like today's & the 2 this weekend are for polishing Fall camp up before school starts Monday. Real Oregon work starts Tuesday I believe.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

ou guys also had that unfortunate death of a coach too as well, if I remember correctly.

Yup! Coach Lo Pickett. He played on our 1st state title team with Kevin Turner in 1984.

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Iono but Titan said in the QB thread based on sources he expects Bo Nix to be named the starter 

Um... It is fair to point out his "sources" were Jay Tate and Brian Matthews.

The media has pretty much only talked about Nix, so it's no great surprise they think Nix will be named the starter within a few days

25 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Iono but Titan said in the QB thread, based on Jay Tate and Brain Matthews (Bias Media,) he expects Bo Nix to be named the starter 

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Um... It is fair to point out his "sources" were Jay Tate and Brian Matthews.

The media has pretty much only talked about Nix, so it's no great surprise they think Nix will be named the starter within a few days

They have connections inside the program too & all signs point to Bo. Not sure any connected now thinks it will be Joey to start whereas most did before Fall Camp. What is mixed is the opinion on whether both will play.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They have connections inside the program too & all signs point to Bo. Not sure any connected now thinks it will be Joey to start whereas most did before Fall Camp. What is mixed is the opinion on whether both will play.

I guess we will see. 

I'm still holding out hope it's gonna be Joey. 

You know... Gus and his games

downloadfile.gif

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is crazy to me that we have Joey fans and Bo fans smh. Preference is one thing, but my goodness.

Since 2015

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Since 2015

That is fair, but not at the expense of the other guy. Not saying you are doing that, but you have people getting way too defensive. There will be a couple of posters on both sides upset based on the pick and when that player messes up,  they will be here to say I told you so. To me that is a little bit ridiculous. 

I love and respect the inside info we get on occassion and even the info the media provides.  So, I suppose I'll take their word that Bo will be the starter for game one if that's what is announced.

But....it does beg the question... In 2016, how many inside sources gave us a heads up that the Cox-Cat was coming?  

I'll just wait and see for real on 8/31, regardless of what pre-season sources say.  I'll pull hard for the team and hope Gus is able to use the QB skills properly. 

Beyond that, at this point I'm just ready for them to Missouri. 

Archived