Good stuff

Piglet

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jfoxdavis...25.html?#cutid1

Commentary on the judiciary.

157030[/snapback]

"The current battle over judges is a core issue. In a democracy, the people decide the course of the society. Of course, people can go off the deep end and decide it's ok to kill all the Jews or enslave blacks etc. so we need to have some check on pure democracy. We do this through representative democracy and the judiciary. Unfortunately, as we've formulated it in the US, the judiciary is basically unchecked. Most of the changes in our society in the last 30 years have not been implemented by the "will of the people" but by judicial decisions. Some of these decisions have implemented things I agree with, some of them have implemented things I disagree with, but I would rather they were implemented through the political process, not by the ninth circuit. More and more, every decision is being turned over to the courts. The least democratic third of our government is now the most dominant one."

"Sadly, we are forming into red and blue universes, which have almost no facts or physical laws in common. I'm getting tired of the news media believing that they can cover issues by getting idealogs from each of the parties and having them shout talking points at each other. At some point, we have to actually talk."

Nicely stated...

The nice thing is, both jfoxdavis and willsfather have a point, and are paying attention to each other. They'll probably come to an understanding while the rest of us are still calling each other nazis and commies.

The nice thing is, both jfoxdavis and willsfather have a point, and are paying attention to each other.  They'll probably come to an understanding while the rest of us are still calling each other nazis and commies.

157100[/snapback]

No Joke! :rolleyes:

Archived