Week 1 - Malzahn Previews Oregon

RunInRed

6 hours ago, keesler said:

If Steele on the sidelines will somehow force him to adjust sooner, then I'm all for it.   Last year his defense was not lights out, he refused to adjust to what the opponents offense was giving him, he absolutely refused.  

That's what I don't understand about it. If an OC can call plays from the booth why can't a DC make changes from the booth. Seems like you tell the asst on the sideline the change you want to make and they make it. I'm guessing it's just not that simple. 

7 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Thanks for this. John Zenor with AP used to work with me at Auburn Foodmax when he was a student in the late '80's. Blast from the past. 

12 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That's what I don't understand about it. If an OC can call plays from the booth why can't a DC make changes from the booth. Seems like you tell the asst on the sideline the change you want to make and they make it. I'm guessing it's just not that simple. 

I'm of the opinion that sometimes there is just no substitute for being down on the sideline with the players where the coordinator can chew that arse and get in their faces/pump them up directly.

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

I'm of the opinion that sometimes there is just no substitute for being down on the sideline with the players where the coordinator can chew that arse and get in their faces/pump them up directly.

I agree with the move too. 

Probably also when your in the booth your just talking to coaches on the sidelines and maybe Mike LB or SS . Being in the sideline you probably talk to all of them and maybe they pass on info he can really use. I wonder if Woodson did the box at Memphis ( I think that where he came in from ) maybe him and Dilly have done this before 😁

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You don't get to be as good a defensive coach as he is without having a mean ass snake inside of you.

He definitely does when it’s time to work. When he’s not working though he’s a real pleasure to be around

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

It's not.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's not.

Also before this season Steele didn’t think she had the depth he wanted at a number of positions where as this year he feels like he has more depth at a number of places than he ever has had. I don’t know but I would think that would affect adjustments some. 

Kevin Steele doesn't ask what time it is.   He tells his watch what time it needs to be.   Just sayin' the man is 'in charge.'

On 8/27/2019 at 11:35 AM, tbone1430 said:

Wonder why he he’s coming down? Seems like he’s been lights out being able to see the field from the box. 

The Mississippi State and LSU games come to mind

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

He definitely does when it’s time to work. When he’s not working though he’s a real pleasure to be around

Oh, I've no doubt. That's what I meant about having it inside of him; it isn't all he is, it's just the way he has to be when coaching.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also before this season Steele didn’t think she had the depth he wanted at a number of positions where as this year he feels like he has more depth at a number of places than he ever has had. I don’t know but I would think that would affect adjustments some. 

71A00234-DAC0-4E41-A2C7-245F7C092AB7.gif

Archived