2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

9 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Are we now thinking we need to go heavy after another RB?

@The Plainsman We were already going heavy on LJ Johnson for a while. Has nothing to do with Goodwin.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@GwillMac6 The tweet has been deleted and I can’t see anything on the embed here. What was the original tweet?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@GwillMac6 The tweet has been deleted and I can’t see anything on the embed here. What was the original tweet?

Luhtay said flip alert that would be positive for AU.

46 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Luhtay said flip alert that would be positive for AU.

I got that part but what and who was the original tweet that he tweet quoted prompting him to say flip alert?

LJ Johnson?   yeah, that guy looks 'SEC ready'

I am off this summer.  I can drive him from TX to Auburn for a visit.   Text me if that needs to happen.  

17 minutes ago, Beaker said:

LJ Johnson?   yeah, that guy looks 'SEC ready'

I am off this summer.  I can drive him from TX to Auburn for a visit.   Text me if that needs to happen.  

Thanks but you can’t unless you have a pre-existing relationship with him.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I got that part but what and who was the original tweet that he tweet quoted prompting him to say flip alert?

He didn't quote anyone. He used a gif and that's all he said. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I didn’t see it but if I had to guess it had to be about Loveasea Carroll but then he probably deleted it because he didn’t know the interest level

42 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I didn’t see it but if I had to guess it had to be about Loveasea Carroll but then he probably deleted it because he didn’t know the interest level

Pretty sure he already talked to Duke who said much earlier in the day AU wasn't a factor for Carroll.

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

We keep swinging for the fences in this 21 class because the 22 class is apparently loaded

We've seen this time and time again. More so with regard to a certain position, but then when next year gets here, we don't rack up then either. Isn't the max number of new signees that a school can enroll 28 anyway? Can't do too much sand bagging with that being in place.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

We've seen this time and time again

No we haven't. 22 is expected to be an exceptional class. Never heard that class wide before.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No we haven't. 22 is expected to be an exceptional class. Never heard that class wide before.

That's why I said "with regard to a certain position". That position has changed from year to year, from linebackers to O-linemen to QB's to you name it, but it's been common. We go from first "next year will be a bumper crop of (fill in blank)" to, when next year comes, it's "why aren't these guys all flocking to a place where there's more opportunity for immediate playing time"? Rinse, wash, repeat. You've been hanging around recruiting enough to remember this common occurrence.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's why I said "with regard to a certain position". That position has changed from year to year, from linebackers to O-linemen to QB's to you name it, but it's been common.

What’s this 21 class known for? Which position is supposedly “deep” for this class?

30 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

What’s this 21 class known for? Which position is supposedly “deep” for this class?

Nothing. It’s a pretty pedestrian class according to nearly everyone except Mikey apparently. Glad to know he’s a Talent evaluator now.

now.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nothing. It’s a pretty pedestrian class according to nearly everyone except Mikey apparently. Glad to know he’s a Talent evaluator now.

now.

Where did I say that "just wait until next year" applied to the '21 class? I didn't and it may not but the excuse that we are waiting until next year when (DT, OL, LB, CB etc) will be plentiful has been seen here any number of times/years. Anyone who thinks it hasn't needs their rememberer tuned up.

11 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I get the DJ comparison. I realize that might be more about an under the radar guy blowing up fast and late, but Garnett plays RB and nickel, it appears, and just looks like a lunch pail kind of player. Athleticism doesn't flash on film but he's strong and capable and seems to see the field well on both sides of the ball. Seems to show good technique and fundamentals but that's a super unqualified opinion of mine.

14 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Seems like Duke got more intel that he’s probably dropping tonight

Think this is in reference to Garnett?

The Twitter economy is so interesting to me. Classic marketing at play. Recruiting info as free marketing swag. Love seeing this hustle based on our program.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Think this is in reference to Garnett?

The Twitter economy is so interesting to me. Classic marketing at play. Recruiting info as free marketing swag. Love seeing this hustle based on our program.

Yeah that was in reference to Garnett

Archived