2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

35 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

With the way we've been striking out lately, will Auburn University, or even the University of Auburn for that matter, ever get another football or basketball recruit again?

Moreso than most schools, Auburn needs to get the prospects on campus. How many, many times have we witnessed a prospect say "I was surprised" after they visited? Not being able to have them visit hurts us badly. An in-person visit dispels the lies that they have been told about Auburn. Without the visit, we are at a disadvantage.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Don't think we get Kool-aid. Harvey still a loooooong way to go.

Did you see what Tay put in 247? He seems to think AU is gaining some ground back with Kool-aid

26 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Did you see what Tay put in 247?

Not yet. I normally do all my checking of peoples accounts in the afternoon.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not yet. I normally do all my checking of peoples accounts in the afternoon.

Let me know if you saw it- seems to think AU is in it and has gained some ground 

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I’ll save everybody time on this one too. UGA, Bama, the rest don’t matter.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Let me know if you saw it- seems to think AU is in it and has gained some ground 

Still comes across like Bama is the favorite for the time being.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Jboy thinks we gone have a special DB class and Tay thinks we gone have a special DL class

Tay has also said on AUC he thinks our DB class will be special.

52 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Does anyone know when the next round of recruiting rankings come out? Jboy seems to think we have a couple who jump up big 

247's comes out the 3rd Wednesday of every month. No clue on Rivals or ESPN.

51 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Does bama pulling in black shire help us with Jackson

@DonDraper the 2 recruitments are unrelated. Blackshire is a LB, likely ILB. Shambre Jackson is a Buck or SDE depending on what his actual size is. On his Hudl profile it says 6'6, 260. His 247 profile says 6'4, 243. And he was measured at 6'2, 229 at a camp in Florida early this year. Regardless FSU is trending with him.

1 hour ago, DonDraper said:

or Lawson? I know it was hinted that we were working on Lawson already

It could should the staff decide to go in that direction. Right now the major focus is on Mondon & Sorey though. It doesn't look like the staff will move to other LB targets til at least 1 of them commits.

55 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

New 247 rankings drop Dematrius Davis to 195 from 93. Over 100 spots after watching him throw in shorts. That site's national team is a load of hot garbage.

Any camp work is going to cause shifts, especially right now. You think that's bad? 247 is considered tame on making recruiting adjustments based on camp work as compared to Rivals. If Rivals was at the Elite 11 & thougth DD struggled, expect a bigger drop from them when their next rankings come out.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@DonDraper the 2 recruitments are unrelated. Blackshire is a LB, likely ILB. Shambre Jackson is a Buck or SDE depending on what his actual size is. On his Hudl profile it says 6'6, 260. His 247 profile says 6'4, 243. And he was measured at 6'2, 229 at a camp in Florida early this year. Regardless FSU is trending with him.

It could should the staff decide to go in that direction. Right now the major focus is on Mondon & Sorey though. It doesn't look like the staff will move to other LB targets til at least 1 of them commits.

I meant Ian Jackson. Should have clarified that 

7 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

I meant Ian Jackson. Should have clarified that 

Unlikely. We ticked off his family by not communicating with him after we offered til just before he was going to commit. Only way I see him not end up at Bama is if they derecruit him or tell him to look around. Even then LSU, UGA, & OU would be in line before AU.

Here's one to track. In state athlete we just offered as a WR. He's committed to the Vols but grew up an AU fan. Not going to create a thread on him yet because not sure who the top targets are at outside WR with Mitchell now off the board.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Here's one to track. In state athlete we just offered as a WR. He's committed to the Vols but grew up an AU fan. Not going to create a thread on him yet because not sure who the top targets are at outside WR with Mitchell now off the board.

Wasn't Roc Thomas from Oxford, too? 

Anywhere but Auburn Kwon Alexander went there too.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Something in the water up there.

Most definitely 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Anywhere but Auburn Kwon Alexander went there too.

5 star center, Clay Webb went there too

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Taylor talked to AL.Com and he said Gus told him they putting the “full court press on him” so it sounds like the interest is legit. 

Archived