2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

On 5/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, TigerPAC said:

.....deceptively fast.  legs don't seem to be moving fast but no one catches him.  in those highlights, its like he never hits 5th gear, just cruising in 4th.

Agreed. Reminds me of Stephen Davis.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

From 247:

Has a long, lean frame with good stature. Is a versatile athlete who has played quarterback and receiver in addition to multiple spots within the secondary. Likely projects as a defensive back at the next level. Has high-level ball skills at defensive back with the ability to come down with the football in 50-50 situations. Moves fluidly and looks to be most comfortable in off-man and zone coverage at this time. Plays corner primarily but also slides over to safety some. Shows good instincts and breaks on the ball, resulting in a high interception total as a junior. Is a talented, coordinated athlete regardless of where he plays. Will need to continue honing his cover skills as he starts to focus exclusively on defense as he can get caught out of phase at times. Projects as a starter at the Power Five level with the ceiling to develop into a NFL Draft pick.

MJ Daniels is a 6-3, 185-pound Athlete from Lucedale, MS.

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

6'3 Corners???? 👀👀👀 I'm in.

Heck yeah. Or safety, which seems to be a possibility for him. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Heck yeah. Or safety, which seems to be a possibility for him. 

either or... I don't mind the shorter DBs (we've had some great ones here) but I wouldn't mind Richard Sherman size!

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yep sounds like the kind of DB, Steele goes for. Long and versatile enough to play multiple positions if need be. 

27 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

D. Davis must know something 👀

Kinda feel like this coincides with the Leary news and I’m betting on King as well.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

D. Davis must know something 👀

My guess is King and Leary.

ETA: dammit Clayton. LOL

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kinda feel like this coincides with the Leary news and I’m betting on King as well.

Especially with McCree announcing somewhere else.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

My guess is King and Leary.

ETA: dammit Clayton. LOL

Gotta be quicker than that!

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Gotta be quicker than that!

I’m happy to take the L. I was eating a good Mexican dinner. 🙂

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m happy to take the L. I was eating a good Mexican dinner. 🙂

Good Mexican dinner in Auburn??

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Good Mexican dinner in Auburn??

Nope in Prattville. But there is one restaurant in Auburn like a lot, El Dorado.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope in Prattville. But there is one restaurant in Auburn like a lot, El Dorado.

Hard to not love Mexican food. 

21 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Hard to not love Mexican food. 

Yep! It’s a close second to Italian for me.

Auburn makes the final cut for elite DE Keanu Koht

By Keith Niebuhr

Last month, 4-star edge rusher Keanu Koht of Vero Beach (Fla.) called the Auburn staff to inform the coaches he would not be picking that school when he announced his decision later that day. But a few hours after that, Koht put off his commitment.

Today, Auburn is back in the picture -- and very much in contention.

Koht, one of the Tiger's top targets on the recruiting trail for the 2021 class, has cut his list of scholarships down to just four teams.

On Thursday, he revealed a final four of Auburn, Florida, LSU and Oregon, doing so in an interview with Treasure Coast Newspaper’s Jon Santucci.

"I'm focusing on LSU, Florida, Auburn, Oregon," Koht said told . "There's a few schools that feel like a distant second, but those are the main schools I'm focusing on right now."

He last visited Auburn on Feb. 2.

"It actually pushed it back a lot farther than I wanted," Koht told the TC Palm of the current Covd-19 situation. "Initially, I was going to commit right after the spring — if it wasn't for the pandemic. That pushed everything back because I wasn't able to visit schools like LSU, Oregon, Texas A&M, Clemson and other schools I wanted to check out."

A timeline going forward still is a bit unknown for Koht at this time.

"I just want to announce before December because that's when I decided on committing because I am enrolling early."

When picking the right school for him, Koht will look at how he will be used on the field as a big deciding factor, he told the paper.

"Basically the scheme, because every school has good facilities, every school has good coaching," Koht said. "I'm looking for how I'm going to be used in the scheme and if I feel at home at that school. I see myself being an outside linebacker in a 3-4, using my versatility, cover sometimes, rushing the passer sometimes, covering the flats. Basically using all of attributes."

Koht is the No. 146 overall recruit in the country for 247Sports. 

Below is 247Sports player evaluation on Koht:

Has a streamlined, lean build. Has room to add mass at over the next few years. Long-limbed and rangy. Twitchy and fluid in his movements with a bounce in his step. Wins with quickness and speed off the edge. Has a quick first step and has good instincts in timing the snap count. Shows bend and flexiblity in rounding the arc. Closes quickly to make plays behind the line of scrimmage both as a pass rusher and in pursuit. Has the physical framework to develop into a productive edge rusher in time. Many of his sacks and tackles for loss to this point have come as a result of being unblocked. Will need to continue adding play strength and nuance to his pass rush via technique. Projects as a Power Five starter on the edge with the upside to develop into an NFL Draft pick.

27 minutes ago, gravejd said:

hmmm doesn't sound very promising to me if we had to talk him into not eliminating us. 

The bigger deterent is he sees himself as a 3-4 OLB, something we don't run much.

Archived