get ready for some .667 football

Swamp Eagle

13 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Wow, he just kept on didn’t he? I put him on ignore...hated to do it but damn. I even promised to be positive about Gus this week. You know how difficult that will be? 

I like fifty...he's a good Auburn man. He has a different apprach than some of us...not wrong...different.

I wish he would reciprocate that, but it's all good.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This OP is a troll job looking for clicks to up his/her totals.

11 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Too harsh? I don’t know. I just don’t want to be lectured about my character by some anonymous dude on a board. He doesn’t know me. I’m sure Tigerbelle is a fantastic person but all I know is she has pretty much criticized everything I’ve said so yeah. Im not judging her character. Like I said, Im sure she is a super nice person and so is fifty. 

Why deal with it? Who needs the drama? Plenty of that IRL. 

My ignore list is longer than a CVS receipt. Like you said, *they're probably all fine people. But at some point you acknowledge that the juice isn't worth the squeeze and you move on. And it's a two-way street. Sometimes I do it for the other person, and for our fellow members who don't care to constantly scroll past silly pillow fights to talk football. Some folks are going to carry around a lot of emotions and bruised egos but that's not your problem.

*The ones who aren't rarely last long on the forum. 

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If players or coaches allow themselves to be effected by message board banter then they do need to toughen up.  

is it really that simple?

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks Fidy. @Tigerbelle hangs in with us into late hours of the night on the baseball forum game threads. Problem with Belle and you might need to look in the mirror. 

salty you completely missed my point dude. try thinking next time? my point was when somone clowns on belle it is a bad look because she is so nice ok? good grief............

11 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Too harsh? I don’t know. I just don’t want to be lectured about my character by some anonymous dude on a board. He doesn’t know me. I’m sure Tigerbelle is a fantastic person but all I know is she has pretty much criticized everything I’ve said so yeah. Im not judging her character. Like I said, Im sure she is a super nice person and so is fifty. 

Dude you can’t go off one interaction . Those two individuals are very passionate about Auburn as are you. Right now though you have been somewhat highly critical of Gus so yes that is going to bring a certain response . Just like those who are big fans of Gus bring a certain response. What I will say is don’t be so quick to go to the ignore lists. 

1. There are several people who come on certain threads and attack those who are very much Gus supporters to the extreme. This is okay but those same people whine about push back as well. They have no problem jumping on certain posters but then they want to say don’t respond to me, put me on ignore or use the ignore feature themselves. It’s quite comical. 

2. Fifty for example is a great resource throughout the season including in the offseason . He brings a lot of value to the forum. The issue Gus is a hot topic so it will always bring rash arguments. 

3. We are grown ups at the end of the day lol. People should be able to agree to disagree and move on. Or talk it out in heated debate. Whatever suits your fancy. 

I am big on if you are going to give it, you absolutely need to take it and vice versa. 

30 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I like fifty...he's a good Auburn man. He has a different apprach than some of us...not wrong...different.

I wish he would reciprocate that, but it's all good.

swamp this cat is basically telling folks who do not agree with him to ignore him . he said this stuff a couple of times and i was not the only person in this thread he said something similar to. i could care less if he iggies me. there is a difference between trolling gus and his supporters and pointing out things we can agree auburn needs work on. belle negged him and he turned into a drama queen about it about it. belle has never been mean to anyone i have ever seen on this board. i am not going to let some little troll try to throw shade on her without commenting.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dude you can’t go off one interaction . Those two individuals are very passionate about Auburn as are you. Right now though you have been somewhat highly critical of Gus so yes that is going to bring a certain response . Just like those who are big fans of Gus bring a certain response. What I will say is don’t be so quick to go to the ignore lists. 

1. There are several people who come on certain threads and attack those who are very much Gus supporters to the extreme. This is okay but those same people whine about push back as well. They have no problem jumping on certain posters but then they want to say don’t respond to me, put me on ignore or use the ignore feature themselves. It’s quite comical. 

2. Fifty for example is a great resource throughout the season including in the offseason . He brings a lot of value to the forum. The issue Gus is a hot topic so it will always bring rash arguments. 

3. We are grown ups at the end of the day lol. People should be able to agree to disagree and move on. Or talk it out in heated debate. Whatever suits your fancy. 

I am big on if you are going to give it, you absolutely need to take it and vice versa. 

dag you and i do not agree all the time and i am fine with that. i believe i know your heart when it comes to auburn.and  you still remain a fav poster.  some people criticize gus because of their love of auburn. then we have those that like to criticize gus because they just want to troll people. there is a difference.

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

salty you completely missed my point dude. try thinking next time? my point was when somone clowns on belle it is a bad look because she is so nice ok? good grief............

Good grief back at you Fidy. I was agreeing with you. You missed my point of appreciating your comments. 

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

dag you and i do not agree all the time and i am fine with that. i believe i know your heart when it comes to auburn.and  you still remain a fav poster.  some people criticize gus because of their love of auburn. then we have those that like to criticize gus because they just want to troll people. there is a difference.

Yes . I agree. Although I don’t think Nix is trolling. I do think this thread was a fine example of a way to bring about extremist opinions . What I will day and I will always say is if you are going to give it, you need to be able to take it. If you are going call people out for sunshine pumping then you need to be able to handle the pushback that comes with that and VICE VERSA. That’s legitimately my main point lol. But yes several folks I have had harsh disagreements with but at the end of the day we find a path of common ground. To me, you should be able to do that with anyone on these forums or else you are the problem. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good grief back at you Fidy. I was agreeing with you. You missed my point of appreciating your comments. 

apologies salty i am not used to that with you ya know.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes . I agree. Although I don’t think Nix is trolling. I do think this thread was a fine example of a way to bring about extremist opinions . What I will day and I will always say is if you are going to give it, you need to be able to take it. If you are going call people out for sunshine pumping then you need to be able to handle the pushback that comes with that and VICE VERSA. That’s legitimately my main point lol. But yes several folks I have had harsh disagreements with but at the end of the day we find a path of common ground. To me, you should be able to do that with anyone on these forums or else you are the problem. 

well i am always innocent of all charges..........grins. i did not do a good job but i tried to tell him he was off about belle and that several posters similar to him were banned last year for trolling. one of those cats was a friend. he loved auburn so much he could not stand to see us struggle and his passion was his downfall in the end. and of course we started out as enemies. i miss him. i thought he had some good insights..............

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

well i am always innocent of all charges..........grins. i did not do a good job but i tried to tell him he was off about belle and that several posters similar to him were banned last year for trolling. one of those cats was a friend. he loved auburn so much he could not stand to see us struggle and his passion was his downfall in the end. and of course we started out as enemies. i miss him. i thought he had some good insights..............

I think I know who you are talking about and I’ve asked about him as well. Do miss his input 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Why deal with it? Who needs the drama? Plenty of that IRL. 

My ignore list is longer than a CVS receipt. Like you said, *they're probably all fine people. But at some point you acknowledge that the juice isn't worth the squeeze and you move on. And it's a two-way street. Sometimes I do it for the other person, and for our fellow members who don't care to constantly scroll past silly pillow fights to talk football. Some folks are going to carry around a lot of emotions and bruised egos but that's not your problem.

*The ones who aren't rarely last long on the forum. 

Thanks Loof. 

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

I understand where you are coming from. And hopefully my thread on Gus yesterday will help those who think Im a troll change that opinion. I’m not trolling. These boards are a funny place man. Funny stuff here. I’ve tempered my anti-Gussness this week and will temper my reaction to the pumpers.  But when I see one of them say something that questions either our Auburn loyalty or our intelligence for being critical of Gus I will respond.  Based on your advice I may take fifty off ignore though. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Why deal with it?

I do it for the same reason I don't watch all the channels on TV.  I already know what's going to be on some of them, and from past history I know a lot of them are just noise that I don't want to waste time on. You can always click show the post if you think it's something you may be interested in this time.

Just now, oracle79 said:

I do it for the same reason I don't watch all the channels on TV.  I already know what's going to be on some of them, and from past history I know a lot of them are just noise that I don't want to waste time on. You can always click show the post if you think it's something you may be interested in this time.

Exactly. Or usually any worthwhile tidbit will get top quoted. 

I've taken a few people off ignore before. They always end up back on there. Some relationships just aren't built to last. 

how anyone can ignore me knowing how wonderful and good looking i am baffles me. nothing like some devils lettuce and new whiskey myers jams on their new cd coming out a week from friday to get one in an awesome mood. holy fish heads the five or so cuts rleased so far on youtube are sooooo good.

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

how anyone can ignore me knowing how wonderful and good looking i am baffles me. nothing like some devils lettuce and new whiskey myers jams on their new cd coming out a week from friday to get one in an awesome mood. holy fish heads the five or so cuts rleased so far on youtube are sooooo good.

I’m not sure what any of that means but I took you off ignore. 😁

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m not sure what any of that means but I took you off ignore. 😁

it means i am a 64 year old coot is high as hell right now and i be jammin. whiskey myers. southern rock at their finest and i like them more than skynyrd.......

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

it means i am a 64 year old coot is high as hell right now and i be jammin. whiskey myers. southern rock at their finest and i like them more than skynyrd.......

I like southern rock so I’ll check it out. I like Whiskey so who knows? 🤠

11 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I like southern rock so I’ll check it out. I like Whiskey so who knows? 🤠

best band i have heard in years. check out bitch, rolling stone, die rocking,bury my bones, and gasoline.

Archived