Fox News- Trump committed a crime

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Napolitano is generally a straight shooter— conservative, but calls what he sees. Trump’s admitted to this. Ukraine told senators about it. Now what?

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-napolitano-to-shepard-smith-what-trump-has-admitted-to-is-a-crime/

Big if Tex, as always it is wait and see. Pelosi and the freshman dems may have just reassured Trump a second term. 

When did you start posting Fox? 

Everything Napolitano said was pre-faced with the word if.   Another words we have to wait and see exactly what was said. Today Trump announced he would release the Transcript of the call if he is legally allowed  and would also release the complaint if he is legally allowed to.  If [there is that word again]  it shows Trump did nothing wrong some Democrats have stated they don't care they want to impeach anyway. 

Trumps own mouth and his Twitter has gotten him in a lot of trouble because he doesn't know how to couch his remarks like a professional politician and because of that he is down in the Polls and there is a possibility he won't be re-elected but if the Democrats push impeachment and can't prove it they just might guarantee his re-election.

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Everything Napolitano said was pre-faced with the word if.   Another words we have to wait and see exactly what was said. Today Trump announced he would release the Transcript of the call if he is legally allowed  and would also release the complaint if he is legally allowed to.  If [there is that word again]  it shows Trump did nothing wrong some Democrats have stated they don't care they want to impeach anyway. 

Trumps own mouth and his Twitter has gotten him in a lot of trouble because he doesn't know how to couch his remarks like a professional politician and because of that he is down in the Polls and there is a possibility he won't be re-elected but if the Democrats push impeachment and can't prove it they just might guarantee his re-election.

“If what Trump said was true...”

That generally puts Trump in the clear.

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I (think) the Trump administration called it a "rough" transcript. :-\

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-ukraine-controversy/2019/09/25/9390e9b8-df82-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

And I wasn't aware of any legal reason why he couldn't release it.  Can you please explain what that might be?

As far as the actual whistle-blower complaint (granted, a different issue) the law states that it "shall" be provided to congress.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I (think) the Trump administration called it a "rough" transcript. :-\

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-ukraine-controversy/2019/09/25/9390e9b8-df82-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

And I wasn't aware of any legal reason why he couldn't release it.  Can you please explain what that might be?

As far as the actual whistle-blower complaint (granted, a different issue) the law states that it "shall" be provided to congress.

In their defense, it's a "rough" transcript because no Presidential call to another leader is recorded verbatim.  There are people who listen and take extremely detailed notes though.

So going forward we should always expect US Presidents to release transcripts of their conversations with foreign leaders.  Is this a precedent setting event ?

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

So going forward we should always expect US Presidents to release transcripts of their conversations with foreign leaders.  Is this a precedent setting event ?

When there's a whistleblower complaint, yes.

This incident shows just how stupid orange 🍊 really is. Yet again. 😳

I disagree with Judge Napolitano a lot (with the exception being civil liberties, as anyone here who's read my posts when he's come up in the past can attest to), but he's, IMO, got it right here. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

And Biden is brilliant?

Don't self identify as a Libertarian anymore. EMT and Napolitano at least live up to the ideal. You're paying it lip-service in an attempt to be edgy. 

10 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

And Biden is brilliant?

Both parties have blood on their hands. It’s time to clean house. 

Any number of pundits say that after this thing blows over with regard to President Trump, Biden's Dem opponents will use his actions in the situation to finish him off as a candidate.

Had Trump withheld funds to bail one of his kids out I could see a problem for him. As it is, this is (another) big nothing burger as far as Trump is concerned.

This president is a horrible head of state. His lack of decorum sends lightening through my back. On top of that he runs the office like a mob boss (which he’s good at) who will use whatever he can to remain a “winner” even if it costs the country in the end. He cares little about the things that mean the most because he only cares about the man in the mirror. 

My opinion of course. 

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

This president is a horrible head of state. His lack of decorum sends lightening through my back. On top of that he runs the office like a mob boss (which he’s good at) who will use whatever he can to remain a “winner” even if it costs the country in the end. He cares little about the things that mean the most because he only cares about the man in the mirror. 

My opinion of course. 

My opinion:

I agree with a lot you say but I do believe he cares about our country and has proven it to me. What has he done as POTUS that benefits him? He takes no salary, works long hours, an has given his own money to hurricane relief efforts. To me it's the Dems who don't care about the country's business right now. They are obsessed with impeachment. actually I think the Dem party as we have known it is dead. It is now the POI.....Party of Impeachment......and I think they will pay a price for it in 2020 elections.

He has put the country in a stronger position on the world stage with other leaders. They may not like him but they know they can't push him around. His active in that regard. He has met with the leaders of four countries this week. The PM of India, the world's largest democracy, invited him to a gathering of India-Americans last Sunday in Houston attended by about 70,000 people and gave him glowing praise.

Again.....just my opinion.

13 hours ago, AUDub said:

Don't self identify as a Libertarian anymore. EMT and Napolitano at least live up to the ideal. You're paying it lip-service in an attempt to be edgy. 

I will identify with whomever I choose thank you.

8 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

My opinion:

I agree with a lot you say but I do believe he cares about our country and has proven it to me. What has he done as POTUS that benefits him? He takes no salary, works long hours, an has given his own money to hurricane relief efforts. To me it's the Dems who don't care about the country's business right now. They are obsessed with impeachment. actually I think the Dem party as we have known it is dead. It is now the POI.....Party of Impeachment......and I think they will pay a price for it in 2020 elections.

He has put the country in a stronger position on the world stage with other leaders. They may not like him but they know they can't push him around. His active in that regard. He has met with the leaders of four countries this week. The PM of India, the world's largest democracy, invited him to a gathering of India-Americans last Sunday in Houston attended by about 70,000 people and gave him glowing praise.

So much delusion in this post. Stunning.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So much delusion in this post. Stunning.

It appears that anyone who has an opinion different from yours is delusional. I asked a question and stated some facts. What is delusional about that. If nothing else you are an intolerant Trump hater. He occupies your mind.

34 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

My opinion:

I personally know people serving in three branches of military service (USCG being one which is DHS) in high brass positions that would off the record strongly disagree. The lack of leadership within the rank and file is astounding. 😢

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

I personally know people serving in three branches of military service (USCG being one which is DHS) in high brass positions that would off the record strongly disagree. The lack of leadership within the rank and file is astounding. 😢

That's fine but I can match you one for one with senior people who support Trump.😀

3 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

It appears that anyone who has an opinion different from yours is delusional. I asked a question and stated some facts. What is delusional about that. If nothing else you are an intolerant Trump hater. He occupies your mind.

Opinion? No. You say things that conflict with the facts. Over the years @TitanTiger and I have often held different opinions. We are usually living in the same plane of reality, however.

6 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

I will identify with whomever I choose thank you.

Sure. You can very much do that. Fact of the matter is that there's little in the way of your way of thinking that could be called Libertarian though. 

Again, you're just being edgy.

You remind me of many teenagers these days, refusing to cope with everyday stress we all dealt with at that age by copping out and calling themselves "depressed."

Archived